New Person In Charge Of Recipe Center

2»

Comments

• I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)

Gdog already has responsibilities, and this is adding more power to what he already can do, I think it’s time to consider what we have suggested: open the job to people other then mods so that the mods can do their thing, and the person who gets to monitor the recipes does his, this way we can open up new opportunities!!! :D
    Just no, i am for sure you just want the job yourself, but the problem is with giving a non-mod give the job is that you dont know for sure if that person is even trustable, sure there are a lot of people that are trustable but there are also a lot of people that look trustable but if they get the chance just scam the person

I agree with gdog being the one to edit it
    Ok, you believe I want the job for myself? Your idiotic, I want the job open to more members of the community, have you not even read the rest of the comments on this thread? Are you that stupid? If you would have read you would have seen I don’t want the job, I want the job however to be open to people other then mods, this is a chance to implement good change, gdog would have TOO much power if they gave this job to him, unless they remove his mod abilities and replace job for job, then it’s ok, but otherwise it’s not, there’s only 2 people who deserve the power of having multiple roles in the game, and that’s SirKew and Cos, period. So I am appealing to them to consider the opportunity in front of us as a community and to implement good changes
  • Aw sweet! Congrats G :D
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)

Gdog already has responsibilities, and this is adding more power to what he already can do, I think it’s time to consider what we have suggested: open the job to people other then mods so that the mods can do their thing, and the person who gets to monitor the recipes does his, this way we can open up new opportunities!!! :D
    Just no, i am for sure you just want the job yourself, but the problem is with giving a non-mod give the job is that you dont know for sure if that person is even trustable, sure there are a lot of people that are trustable but there are also a lot of people that look trustable but if they get the chance just scam the person

Ok, you believe I want the job for myself? Your idiotic, I want the job open to more members of the community, have you not even read the rest of the comments on this thread? Are you that stupid? If you would have read you would have seen I don’t want the job, I want the job however to be open to people other then mods, this is a chance to implement good change, gdog would have TOO much power if they gave this job to him, unless they remove his mod abilities and replace job for job, then it’s ok, but otherwise it’s not, there’s only 2 people who deserve the power of having multiple roles in the game, and that’s SirKew and Cos, period. So I am appealing to them to consider the opportunity in front of us as a community and to implement good changes
    Me idoiotic? Have you even seen what you typed? TOO MUCH power for gdog? If it is one of the persons i wanna trust one of them is surely gdog, he already has a lot of roles yes, but that only proves how many time he is willing to spend in the game just to help us all, and you want to give the community the chance to do it, if that happens just what simply happens is that the bedrock will be broken and the raffle box and then they just sell it, then gdog will be added as perm for there and he will have to repair all, sorry but then i just want gsog
  • I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)

I quite disagree that a non-staff player should be provided with this job. As far as I know, this will only cause more issues seen as people often tend to complain about someone having more power than themselves. It may seem like people aren’t affected by it but there will always be people who disagree to it and eventually, the problems will surface and cause far too many issues in the long run. So, I rather have this position to be filled by a staff memeber than not.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2018

I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)

Let's keep this friendly or I will close it down. Giving gdog perms in the learning center is hardly too much power. At the end of the day Its still just perms in a realm.
    Also I have multipe roles in game, so why can't other mods pick up additional reaponcibilitys too. They are mods for a reason,trusted beyond doubt and therefore the obvious choice.

Let's keep this friendly or I will close it down. Giving gdog perms in the learning center is hardly too much power. At the end of the day Its still just perms in a realm.
    Also I have multipe roles in game, so why can't other mods pick up additional reaponcibilitys too. They are mods for a reason,trusted beyond doubt and therefore the obvious choice.
    I suggest you give the same warning to Elemental
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2018

I suggest you give the same warning to Elemental
    You might wanna reel in your mini modding while your at it and stop derailing threads. Please and thank you
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited May 2018
    Galaxon, I understand that you are an opinionated person; I definitely am as well. But don't forget to keep your cool and don't insult people who don't agree with your point of view. You kinda did derail this thread from its original purpose. Honestly, this isn't that big of a deal, it's fine if G is in charge of this. If you really want to debate with someone, private message them instead of doing it here :)
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    I believe that the moderator position is only given to those who are active enough and care about the game enough, I agree with giving Gdog the ability to do this!
  • JackFury said:

Galaxon, I understand that you are an opinionated person; I definitely am as well. But don't forget to keep your cool and don't insult people who don't agree with your point of view. You kinda did derail this thread from its original purpose. Honestly, this isn't that big of a deal, it's fine if G is in charge of this. If you really want to debate with someone, private message them instead of doing it here :)

I did derail the thread, and I’m sorry, but I wasn’t insulting anyone, rather, I was defending myself against Elemental, who was rudely insulting me, anyways, that could have been best Achieved elsewhere, and @space_fetus, I’m not mini-modding, as part of the community, I have a right to make sure you as a mod are doing your job fairly, I mean no disrespect of course :), anyways, let’s get the thread back on track!!!
  • I totally agree with everyone +♾️
  • Thank you Sir Kew! Thank you to all who put forth your opinion and helped with this proposition. Lastly biggest thank you goes to Gdog who is willing to volunteer his time to keep the center updated. This is going to be a wonderful development especially with Kew going forward with making more recipes craftable!

(Squees at the anvil having basic recipes)

This thread has served it's purpose it now can be closed!
This discussion has been closed.