Different color outline blocks (new update idea)

as we have seen in Gdog's and RedEagle's videos there is only pink i think they should add lots of colors the reason i say this is,
1. to blend in with maps as pink stands out alot
2. because then we can use them as neon flashing lights

and that's it :D

Comments

• +1 omg i like it
  • +10000000000000
  • Yeah it would be cool! +123
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2018
    I was going to make a similar suggestion but you beat me to it.
    My thoughts on it. let's make it work with all blocks.

How?
    Switch Foam.
    Basically it's similar to how fadey/phantom foam works.
    You spray it on the desired blocks and they become outline blocks.
    Maybe of a more neutral colour or even a base colour of the original block sprayed.
    Now they can have receivers placed under them and work the same way as the current outline blocks.
    If broken/pulled you get the original block back.

Not sure how easy that would be to implement but i feel some of th mecanic are there from the foams we have already.

Thoughts @CosmicCow @SirKewberth ?

One of my first thoughts when i saw the outline block was, oh hey lets make like a secret entrance to a house or cave right, not so secret when they are bright pink.

• gdog said:

One of my first thoughts when i saw the outline block was, oh hey lets make like a secret entrance to a house or cave right, not so secret when they are bright pink.

Gdog has a point xD

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It would be nice, but no it's not easy to implement that. There's no mechanism in the engine currently to just temporarily switch any block off.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

It would be nice, but no it's not easy to implement that. There's no mechanism in the engine currently to just temporarily switch any block off.

Ahh ok, yeah I thought it might be a bit of a reach.
    I guess more colours would be nice then at some point.
  • +1!