More collectables during events?

*SnowyOwl**SnowyOwl* Member
edited January 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
I was thinking the other day about how all the event stuff is always in the packs. I thought "maybe the devs could make a little less in the pack and add more things to collect in the mines or earn from mini-challenges!"

Basically the idea is to put less in the packs and add more things to get from mines, like for a limited time add rose quartz in the mines for the time the Valentine pack is out. Something kind of like the egg hunt at easter or the ghost hunt at halloween but a little more collectable.

examples:

Valentines Pack + Mine Rose Quartz from mines to get heart gem fragments then craft the fragments together to make the heart gem + Limited heart flag

Summer Pack + Find Seashells from the tropical mines and get the whole collection of shells + Limited sunshine flag

Halloween + Ghost hunting + Qbee skull flag

Christmas + Snowflake catching + Snowflake flag

I think it would be a cool idea but maybe devs are too busy with the packs already. Maybe if they are Space could still make building, parkour or something events.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• +1 it gets qbees to interact with each other
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I like this idea, although it becomes who can play cubic castles for the longest without sleep to be on the leaderboard (if it is done like the Easter hunt) but I like the idea of exclusive mineables at certain times of the year. Although again from a builders perspective it will make getting those materials very expensive at other times
  • I like this idea, although it becomes who can play cubic castles for the longest without sleep to be on the leaderboard (if it is done like the Easter hunt) but I like the idea of exclusive mineables at certain times of the year. Although again from a builders perspective it will make getting those materials very expensive at other times

I don't really see it being a score, contest or leaderboards kind of event. Just something fun and casual to do while the packs are out, because I know for me I buy the packs and I get my stuff and I carry on with my day. I think if they added some kind of collectable or something for each event it could add something to keep us entertained for a little longer. The packs are great no doubt it just happens so fast and there's no goal or achievement even if you get a super rare item. Something like the heart gem fragments gives you something to go look for, craft, decorate with and show it off, a bit more than just a block or wearable item
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I would love this stuff, but only if its just an item hunt like the plasms

+1
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Sounds rather neat.
    She sells sea shells by the sea shore.. in a vend..
  • Bump :D