Make Not Full-Grown Plants "Soil" Untouchable To Owner Too

YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
edited October 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
So as the title implies, cuz i play with a phone and sometimes it is laggy cuz unstable connection and stuff, and when u accidentally tap a crop that is not full grown it is sadly gone and it really bugs me haha like UGGHHH WHY???? XD
But if the devs can help us with it, i would greatly appreciate it and i know many farmers will like it as well :)
Edited!
So ye its not the crops, its the soil below it that is touchable and it still feels like i murdered a baby eggplant accidentally T-T

Comments

• i thought the only way to remove a crop, was to remove the soil or place a block on it

i always touched on my plants with hand, and they never got removed, but a message appeared saying it wasnt fully grow

i might have not understand what you said tho, so explain me .-.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Oh ye i think i tapped the soil but still that egpplant sprout poofed RIP D:
  • Yea, I had accidentally clicked the soil one time when I thought I had my watering can selected...was frustrated when the soil popped and I lost the plant (and I play on a PC). It would be nice if there was something that kept us from removing soil while the plant is still growing. Now, here's where a confirmation pop-up might come in handy. ;)
  • Yeah I do it often while using touch screens.

Please developers make soils also display that (not grown yet) message. And restrict removing it till the plant growth is finished. if this is done for some particular reason . let us know .

@SirKewberth
  • This would be nice, but I think we should also have something like a shovel to remove any soil we want.
  • This would be nice, but I think we should also have something like a shovel to remove any soil we want.

Good suggestion.

Yeah so that hand icon won't pull the soil accidentally .
  • edited October 2017
    Maybe A pops out when u tapped the soil
    "Are you sure to remove this soil? Crop will be removed too. "
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Wait a second.. only the realm owner can remove soil?
  • I removed a tomato by accident earlier, by picking other crops around them. The soils should be similar to co-op blocks in my opinion, but instead of someone else not being able to break them, we as owners can't until the crops have finished completely. >_<
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited October 2017
    This was the original design actually. I don't remember why we had to change it. It had to do with a bug. I will talk to Cos and try to fix it.
  • This was the original design actually. I don't remember why we had to change it. It had to do with a bug. I will talk to Cos and try to fix it.

I'd recommend still allowing users to break the soil, as sometimes it can be inconvenient to wait for the crops to grow. Despite that, I have still fallen victim to accidentally breaking soil enough times now that I exclusively harvest my crops on PC in fear of mistapping and wasting them.

There is a few solutions, however! Maybe a popup could appear with a message similar to this: "You have crops planted here! Are you sure you want to break the soil?". Obviously Yes and No buttons would be required.

The other, more effective way you could fix this is by giving the seeds/crops back when the soil block is broken. This is much less annoying than a popup every time you want to change position of your farm, and I assume it would be much less of a hassle to program in.