Change how does the Life Block work

KewbinKewbin Member
edited October 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
You probably know the feeling when you have the last life and you're really close to be kicked out of realm. In this suggestion I want to change this.

Once you run out of lives, you'll get kicked out of realm/room (which is kinda rude) and there's no way back unless you know where the realm/room was located.

So here's my suggestion.
Once you run out of lives:
-You will get spawned on the top of the Life Block
-All your checkpoints will be lost
-Your lives will reset

Uses:
-Spectator areas for people who run out of Lives (e.g. in PVP matches)
-Challenges for parkours (you run out of lives - you have to do it all over again)
-Would fit my Just Die! puzzle realm :D
-Will open more possibilieties for mini-games
-I'm sure people will come with many more cool ideas

Comments

• +1 yeah in a map I had to restart it like 15 times because I get knocked out...
  • Kewbin said:

Once you run out of lives:
    -You will get spawned at the entrance door
    -All your checkpoints will be lost
    -Your lives will reset

+1 for the rest
  • +1

This is perfect, I hate it when you get banned from a realm for running out of lives.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I suggest leave the block how it is since it is useful, but add a new block with what you said.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It's good but may have to be a new block. The reason the life block kicks you out is because you can have a set number of lives for a challenge that goes over several rooms/realms. And each realm has a life block so spawning on the life block doesn't work in that case.
  • It's good but may have to be a new block. The reason the life block kicks you out is because you can have a set number of lives for a challenge that goes over several rooms/realms. And each realm has a life block so spawning on the life block doesn't work in that case.

Good note. Put Life Block in a box. This won't allow the player to continue the challenge. You can also put the sign in the box to inform player how to find the beggining of challenge. Or put a doorway leading there.
  • +1