Recently cubic castles had become unplayable for me.

ExtravagantExtravagant Member
edited September 2017 in Help Requests
Cubic castles just freezes an excessive amount of times. None other of my apps however seem to be affected by any sort of lag. Only cubic. I also found how it's been taking an unusually large amount of my CPU and Ram.

Idk what's going on, but it never happened before now. Any help would be appreciated!
p.s I don't need to reinstall it because I already have.

edit: also theres an issue when I close cubic castles. but there are still instances of it running.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Are you running the standalone version or the steam version? Maybe try the steam one... It may be that you're running into a conflict between cubic and another program. Try running cubic on it's own with no other programs to see if it's still slow.
  • Are you running the standalone version or the steam version? Maybe try the steam one... It may be that you're running into a conflict between cubic and another program. Try running cubic on it's own with no other programs to see if it's still slow.

I've tried both versions of cubic castles. Yeah I've also run it without other programs but it's still the same.

• bumping this. I still have the issue.
    Now the issue has gotten worse, not only does it randomly freeze but any player that uses chat will completely crash my game. Idk what to do anymore.
  • Maybe there is a problem with your computer? Is it an old one? Maybe get another computer? Sorry if this isn't helpful.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I don't know what the problem is. It's obviously something specific to your machine since it's running fine for most people. As Roland asked, is it a very old computer? Is it possible you're just running up against system limits?
  • I don't know what the problem is. It's obviously something specific to your machine since it's running fine for most people. As Roland asked, is it a very old computer? Is it possible you're just running up against system limits?

Nope. This is a modern computer. 8 gigabytes of ram and a 7th gen core i3. I believe thats a well enough computer of cubic castles? As I said before, this only happens in cubic castles. Nothing else seems to be affected.
    You sure you're not running anything that could interfere with it? Virus scanner maybe? Media player? Any background programs?
  • You sure you're not running anything that could interfere with it? Virus scanner maybe? Media player? Any background programs?

I have tried with all background programs off. Except the essential processes.
  • Have you edited any of the AppData files? This happened to me when I was editing some files, if you have go to Roaming and delete cubic.
  • Pimydd said:

Have you edited any of the AppData files? This happened to me when I was editing some files, if you have go to Roaming and delete cubic.

It worked!
  • Happy to help.