Wiring ideas :D

So I know a lot of sandbox voxel-based games out there have wiring systems, and I thought I might suggest something for Cubic Castles as to wiring.

My idea is this: create a craftable wiring tool (idk, like a pair of needlenose pliers) that you can carry around. If you select the tool in your inventory and walk up to a light (like a lantern), a button would appear over the lantern that says "Wire". If you clicked on it and opened the menu, it would bring up a simple box with a text field inside. You can type a number in the text field, such as "12", then save it and close it.

There would be a switch you can place, and if you selected the wiring tool and stood next to the switch, it would also bring up a button, which when clicked on, brings you to a menu just like the lantern's. If you type "12" into the text field in the switch, it and the lantern would be connected. Then if you deselect the wiring tool and stand by the switch, instead of bringing up a button that says "Wire Source", it would bring up a button that turns the switch on and off, allowing you to toggle the lights in your realm.

Just a suggestion to put on the shelf :3

Comments

• Lol this isn't terraria but its a awsome idea
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited August 2017

Lol this isn't terraria but its a awsome idea

This isn't really based off of Terraria, although it is my favorite game :3
  • Pweety darn good. I always wanted to be an electrician... or a doctor.
  • Would really help,
    +1
  • Ive never been good with wiring in games e.e (minecraft, terraria) but this sounds easy enough for a simpleton like me :D
    +1
  • +1 Seems like a good idea. It can be a system on to turn on and off lights easily in a realm
  • Quackers said:

Ive never been good with wiring in games e.e (minecraft, terraria) but this sounds easy enough for a simpleton like me :D
    +1

Exactly. It seems easier than in other games. +1
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This could be applied to. Variety of different things, locks,pressure pads etc would be great for puzzles and adventures
  • I think you should do a Halloween pumpkin and on it says happy Halloween so it'll be just a floating pumpkin that sayes "Happy Halloween
  • Add those large pipes for collecting dropped items
  • Love it. +1 would a chandelier be overkill? :P
  • Love it. +1 would a chandelier be overkill? :P

I want a chandelier too, but remember that the textures of the blocks do not have undersides, and even with the Betamax camera trick, you can only see a little bit under the blocks, therefor there is no way to actually hang a chandelier