Any artist here?

*insane**insane* SerbiaMember
edited July 2016 in Art
So are you an artist?
I have couple of questions to ask you :3

How long are you doing art?
-For me,practicing to get little more professional in 3 years.But I draw my whole life.

What style do you prefer?
-I prefer semi-realism. It's hard but easier then realism and better than cartoon style...

Do you have favorite artist?
-I do: "Vincent Van Gogh,Zdzislaw Beksinski,H.R Giger" :)

What materials do you prefer to use when you are drawing? (traditional art)
-Ink,pencils,pens and oils :D

What program do you prefer to use? (Digital art)
Sai :) Really easy to work on

Comments

• Aya PatataAya Patata Member
    edited July 2016
    Anime/cartoonish/disney/qbee shapes
    Alcohol markers and pencil.
    I have a favourite animator of anime...studio ghibli (please correct my spelling if incorrect.)
  • -Diruku--Diruku- Member
    edited July 2016
    Favorite artist: Van Gogh, S.Dahli , Edvard Munch, Tamara de Lempicka, Francisco Mariera, Alex Grey, Peter Driben. And my favorite Mangaka Artist is : Yoshitaka Amano, they are just beautiful and perfect. And CLAMP girls.

I draw and paint since i'm 3 years old little girl , now i'm over 20. Also I'm a teacher of art class with 5-15 years old kids.

Surrealism.

Material preference? : Black markers, watercolor, and acrylics. I don't have patience for oil (stay wet for weeks and have to use to much material for clean your tool)

What program do you prefer to use? (Digital artist)
    I'm most fast with hands, all my work it's physical not digital. But sometimes (very weird sometimes) I make sketches in Corel or Inkscape, also an Android app called Sketch Guru.

Greetings Insane. :D

PD: If you gonna click to see the pictures, theres some that maybe are a little bit for mature audience. Idk

1743712_10204538289030665_7431977293047015560_n
    10703696_10203935656565230_6728792041468454777_n
    snapshot (4)
    x_1999__by_jianzheng-d4f50f4
    img04922
    IMG_20160308_052939
    fIMG_20160308_052950
    e IMG_20160308_053056
    ate?IMG_20160314_185337
    for IMG_20160317_010231

This ones I made it in the app sketch guru, try that app it's fun and very complete and free x)

1B
    160306_130219
    BeautyPlus_20151208175727_save
  • *insane**insane* SerbiaMember
    edited March 2016
    -Diruku- said:

This ones I made it in the app sketch guru, try that app it's fun and very complete and free x)

1B
    160306_130219
    BeautyPlus_20151208175727_save

awesome art! i literally suk at art for my years.Im too old to suk
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for say that.

Practice and find your style.
    Every person have to find their own identity, some people who knows me and some friends knows an art made by me even without telling them or my name on it. And thats the part of the "indetity" who makes an artist.

For art theres many faces , movement , colors and shapes.
    Personally, I'm not into hyper-realism, it's boring to me, I don't like perfectionism, in fact, I like messy paint and lines. For realism (in my opinion) you have a camera. Why you wanna paint an apple in a canvas when you can take a photo or just buy one and watch it?

For draw it's better imagination and creativity, ideas of satiric and landscapes... And Again, theres no "i'm better than you, or I suck I drawing " Like Picasso to Vang Gogh < Or Joan Miro (Abstract) to a Da Vinci. Or a comic-book to a Manga. < different tipes, unique talent :D You'r not old at all, you'r exaggerating.

So, thumbs up and practice and try to find yourself with your pencil don't say that you suck cause thats puts you down. And use imagination to create your own works not copies :) :^D

-Diruku- said:

Thanks for say that.

Practice and find your style.
    Every person have to find their own identity, some people who knows me and some friends knows an art made by me even without telling them or my name on it. And thats the part of the "indetity" who makes an artist.

For art theres many faces , movement , colors and shapes.
    Personally, I'm not into hyper-realism, it's boring to me, I don't like perfectionism, in fact, I like messy paint and lines. For realism (in my opinion) you have a camera. Why you wanna paint an apple in a canvas when you can take a photo or just buy one and watch it?

For draw it's better imagination and creativity, ideas of satiric and landscapes... And Again, theres no "i'm better than you, or I suck I drawing " Like Picasso to Vang Gogh < Or Joan Miro (Abstract) to a Da Vinci. Or a comic-book to a Manga. < different tipes, unique talent :D You'r not old at all, you'r exaggerating.

So, thumbs up and practice and try to find yourself with your pencil don't say that you suck cause thats puts you down. And use imagination to create your own works not copies :) :^D

yeah this is really good you say. just it kills me that nobody else nor me find my art good
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited July 2016

- I have been drawing since I was a little kid and improved my skills during my college years as well :P

- Semi-realism, cartoonish, minimalism. But I always stick to my own preferences when I draw or sketch something, I never attempt to make it all flawless without any messy parts as it adds some charm to each piece of artwork, especially if it's a painting.

- I have a few: Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol. I love art of Tim Burton and Camilla d'Errico as well :)

What materials do you prefer to use when you are drawing?

- Pencils, charcoal pencils, watercolour pencils, pens (black only), ink, oil paint, gouache.

What program do you prefer to use?

- PhotoShop CS6, Autodesk Sketchbook pro. Super rarely: 3ds Max, SAI. But all this is mostly for work or to make stuff when I'm bored.

And as a tip for your improvements: never focus on negative stuff such as "no one likes my art". Do it for yourself, practice more, try new materials, techniques. Find what suits you best and enjoy what you're doing. You should do it for enjoyment, not to please every single person around you. Making art should be relaxing, not stressing. :) Also, criticism shouldn't be taken personally. It's something you can learn from if it's something negative. Find something that inspires you the most, that also will help you a lot.
  • xNexyxNexy NLMember
    edited July 2016
    9 years

It's not really art, but I design and create logo's, fonts and banners/headers.
    Basically media-/webdesign.
    I prefer a basic & clear look.

Not really.

-

Photoshop CS6 & CC.
    For animated content such as intro's I use Sony Vegas, After Effects or Camtasia.

• Cortana : " Making art should be relaxing, not stressing. :) Also, criticism shouldn't be taken personally. It's something you can learn from if it's something negative. Find something that inspires you the most, that also will help you a lot. "

On point (Y).

Practice in a tiny book helps, also there are some techniques (as an art teacher) who helps a lot in important things (like proportions, movement, and pen strokes) if you don't have knowledge about this, search information and use it.

" If you make something thinking it's bad or it's going to suck, the result gonna suck"

Indeed, when you draw something with angry , or with a thinking "I don't like this, I hate this" < It is notorious. Like Cortana says, practicing even practicing it's taked like "practicing" just enjoy when you gonna do an sketch and sometimes... Painting, comes with pain ('.')/

BTW Camila Works are so cute, I love it, I love it.
    TB classic.

Considering all are +18 and it's "art" check out the Alexandra Manukyan realistic painting made in oil ,and Paul Komoda. (Y)

edited March 2016
    @xNexy design is actually art too :) I work as a graphic designer as well.

@-Diruku- oh wow, Alexandra Manukyan's pantings are amazing :) +1 more artist to a list of my favorites. Paul Komoda's works are great as well. Not for everyone's taste though, but I like creepy art :)
    edited July 2016
    @Cortana most of them are inspired in sci-fi, zombies, aliens, strange forms, genetics syndromes (elephant man portrait) , and neo-punk looks. Idk (Paul Komoda). Glad you like Alexa, thought Tim Burtom classic like the book " Oster Boy and other stories " "The Boy with nails in his eyes" also her movies and shortfilm are beautiful. I prefer oldie ones from TB (Don't like to much the boom work with Alice) don't considere creepy but they are cute creepy.

I really considere scary and creepy newspaper today also any music industry pop artist at 3:00 am front of my bed. XD ... D:
    -Diruku- said:

I really considere scary and creepy newspaper today also any music industry pop artist at 3:00 am front of my bed. XD ... D:

Hahaha! I agree, that is what really is creepy XD
  • 15697qo

Reality hitting fictions.
  • xNexyxNexy NLMember
    edited July 2016
    Cortana said:

@xNexy design is actually art too :) I work as a graphic designer as well.

Well yea you're right ;)
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    edited July 2016
    Vincent Van Gogh has to be my favorite. When I was young I drew and build models of cars. The easiest of which was the Volkswagen Beetle. I did take several art classes but I was always the model being so georgeous and all . To me art is not just drawings.My favorite thing involving art or pictures is to make animated graphics using Macromedia Fireworks. I have hundreds of them. I am very technical minded having mastered all forms of skilled trade. Another favorite of mine is machine design and function. I love to build in CC and here is a nice picture from atop my rubber farm. I am moving it from a room to the realm

TheTimMan's Farm
    Rubber Art
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Show us your art Cort :v

I don't post any of my art online, used to post some on my instagram long time ago, which is probably still there, but then it got stolen by someone, so no thanks. If I need critics, I can get it at work or from people I trust. Not meaning it in any offensive way. I'm just not a fan of showing off and not a fan of my artwork being stolen or used without my permission.
  • Cortana said:

I don't post any of my art online, used to post some on my instagram long time ago, which is probably still there, but then it got stolen by someone, so no thanks. If I need critics, I can get it at work or from people I trust. Not meaning it in any offensive way. I'm just not a fan of showing off and not a fan of my artwork being stolen or used without my permission.
    Watermarks a good way to minimise risks of such things.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Anything that flows onto the internet generally stays there forever. There's no way to fully protect your work even if you put specific copyright on it. There are still ways around it, such as close similarities etc. And even thought I'm not an artist, I do have projects and essays in regards to my study. I never put such things online as I know there's no way to protect against it. If I ever wanted to re-use them in something, I might just fall into some trouble with plagiarism and be forced to get my proof out.

So, if someone doesn't want to share their artwork, or anything private, please don't ask them to do it. It's just needless peer-pressure :)
    edited March 2016
    -Diruku- said:

TheTimMan said:

To me art is not just drawings.My favorite thing involving art or pictures is to make animated graphics using Macromedia Fireworks. I have hundreds of them. I am very technical minded having mastered all forms of skilled trade. Another favorite of mine is machine design and function.
    Rubber Art
    >pic of me in 1973<

Art it's all who makes an expression-feel-think.

Talk about which it's art to other, to us, to you to me. It's difficult... Historically, visual art's come with " Bellas Artes " which means classic art : Painting, Sculpture , Architecture , and also theater, music and literature.

So, everything who envolved the "classic concept" of art, comes with drawing, all images are points and lines, you need to sketched, draw , see it and construct. World is made by lines, points, forms and :v atoms.

But..
    The thing about machinery, graphic, etc. It's sometimes a trouble now, cause all you need it's the creativity but computer can make the effect of an oil, or an watercolor, do the shapes, the form, in perfection and very clear who affect the cerebral motor activity in our mind this days. Graphic art like alter photos, make psychodelic stuff, etc, in pc, or programs , including high graphics videogames and effect in cinema. It's cool now and evolve, and it's getting accepted as an art in our history in this century. Including shortfilms in 3D with program fuctions need a hands with pencil (literally)

it's very beautiful omething make it with your own hands: Personally , I prefer physical painting than something printed it's so intimate and full of emotions. Cartoons this days are very ugly drawings thought.

Love that rubber trunks looks.

Cortana said:

@Cortana

perfectly understand , including show something and people trying to do the same. But see Van G as an example: He suffer, gift to people his painting and put in trash many too, and also dies with very disturbed life and poor. Years later come famous and his works worth $...

You'r not gonna take your draw or illustrations to the tomb. But yes... People stoling you'r art and everything ...pretty disgusting, including catfishes. Pointless people with ... it's a risk, and maybe you'r gonna be reminded in the eternal cloud of internet XD watermark as Mrs.Penguin say it's a very good way to protect still people can modificate or do the same illus if they want. >:'O

*Getting paranoic* D':>
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited July 2016
    I've been drawing my whole life too, I went to an art class for children before I started kindergarten, I started drawing manga style 4 years ago, before that I could only draw animals, monsters, and anything inanimate, I couldn't draw human figures xD

manga, semi realism

Ilya Kuvshinov

black pens, pencils, colored pencils and mechanical

Autodesk Sketchbook pro, SAI and photoshop
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    edited July 2016
    Vincent Van Gogh is the best. Vincent van is a great artist that's all I gotta say
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    edited July 2016
    I have been making maps as soon as i could hold a pen... but my oldest still existing map is almost 29 years old.
    When it comes to sculpting i started that 21 years ago, but i don't have any sculptures from before 2001 left(some RL tragedy caused my old collection to be destroyed, prefer not to share details about that).

cartography: Fantasy maps
    Sculpting: abstract

Not any specific name.... it's mostly their work that matters to me.

Pencils, colored pencils, ink pen

GIMP

If you wish to know more about my art, click spoiler.
    Deviantart account: http://tomren.deviantart.com/
    edited March 2016
    oh sweet mama! you have really beautiful hair...

also checked out your art,really awesome! i dont see everyday somebody who does maps.It is really good to see something different and good for a change.
    edited July 2016
    Better hair than any girl. So celtic looking :)

And my ex and me,both thought he was the only 37 years old man playing CCastle.
    *Shocked*

• .ci..ci. Member
    edited July 2016
    I have been an artist ever since I could hold a pencil.
    I do a mix between realistic and manga, with maybe a smidge of something else that is probably my own thing. I prefer drawing fantastical people. I like to draw people's Qbees for fun. I have a whole discussion about that called Let Me Draw You.
    I pencil sketch and use my tablet.
    The app I use on my tablet is Autodesk Sketchbook Pro.
    I do not have a favorite artist, except for the dude(s) who does movies like Spirited Away and Ponyo.

Edit: Here are two samples of my work:
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    edited July 2016

- I have been drawing since I was a little kid and improved my skills during my college years as well :P

- Semi-realism, cartoonish, minimalism. But I always stick to my own preferences when I draw or sketch something, I never attempt to make it all flawless without any messy parts as it adds some charm to each piece of artwork, especially if it's a painting.

- I have a few: Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol. I love art of Tim Burton and Camilla d'Errico as well :)

What materials do you prefer to use when you are drawing?

- Pencils, charcoal pencils, watercolour pencils, pens (black only), ink, oil paint, gouache.

What program do you prefer to use?

- PhotoShop CS6, Autodesk Sketchbook pro. Super rarely: 3ds Max, SAI. But all this is mostly for work or to make stuff when I'm bored.

And as a tip for your improvements: never focus on negative stuff such as "no one likes my art". Do it for yourself, practice more, try new materials, techniques. Find what suits you best and enjoy what you're doing. You should do it for enjoyment, not to please every single person around you. Making art should be relaxing, not stressing. :) Also, criticism shouldn't be taken personally. It's something you can learn from if it's something negative. Find something that inspires you the most, that also will help you a lot.

IN QUOTES (had to copy and paste shhh) @Cortana

Anyways i should really consider not thinking nobody likes my art, my friends do irl and so does my parents, but when i post them on here and people dobn't really comment much i think they don't like it and i think more negative about it.

Anyways here is SOME of my art

bandicam 2016-06-18 19-22-59-293

bandicam 2016-04-09 15-37-55-745

bandicam 2016-05-03 20-51-50-698
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways apart from that i've been doing art for a while now since 5 or so
    Age is secret =-=
    I do a lot of anime and chibi, but also realism (not my best)
    I also like to do fantasy character's but i don't post them :3
    I use a pencil, Phone, iPad, and drawing tablet (app is Autodesk Sketchbook and the pc one for my tablet is called Fire Alpaca and MediBang Paint Pro all are free)
    I don't really have a favorite artist but i do like the people who do the ones for anime's.
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    edited July 2016
    ©5 years, well iam still practicing lol

©Cartoonish, haven't learn any more style than Cartoonish

©I haven't know one, maybe when i learn more

2B Pencil and pen

Autodesk sketchbook

Also,how old are you?
    Not gonna tell but, iam a teen

I dont have any quote but, i dont think positif sometimes xD . So i try to practice and keep thinking positif. I dont really do traditional art but i do alot of digital art
  • S.ziaS.zia Member
    How long you are doing art?
    -hmm 1month i started drawing chibis in digital :3 and 5months drawing in paper

What style you perfer?
    -manga/chibi

Do you have favorate artist?
    -yes, she is a digital artist and her name is Yamio

What tool do you use?
    -just a pencil and eraser XD or with my tablet and finger

What program do you use?
    -Autodesk Sketchpad
  • smuressmures Member
    ~ I was always that kid who had doodles all over her notebooks and papers. I still do it allllllll the time. My mom's an artist so I took art classes from her with my friends so I can paint and stuff. But drawing is my absolute fave. I just started drawing digitally a few months back after being inspired by many digital artists online. Most of the time I draw traditional and I just bought a sketchbook last week for my little blurbs.

~ Chibi
    ~ Anime/Manga
    ~ I sorta have this cartoony animal style that I formed based off the blue bunny I drew in June

I have many favorites, here's a few:
    ~ Lois Van Baarle (AKA Loish)
    ~ Laura Brouwers (AKA Cyarine)
    ~ Qinni
    ~ Laia Lopez (AKA itslopez)
    ~ Sasucchi95
    ~ Yamio
    ~ gdbee

~ Pencil/Paper for traditional
    ~ A Dell stylus (My computer is touch screen)
    I'm getting a Wacom Intuos (hopefully) for my bday (HYYYYYYPE)

~ I used to use Autodesk Sketchbook but...
    ~ ...I found FireAlpaca and I fell in love but...
    ~ ...I saw it's sibling, Medibang Paint Pro and fell in love again.
    ~ I really want Paint Tool Sai, I has no monies and my dad won't buy it for me T^T
  • Question 1:
    I've been doing bad doodles my whole life. A few months ago I took up actual art.

Question 2:
    3D animation, pixel art, and I'm taking up vector art.

Question 3:
    Pixar and my friend who's really good at pixel art.

Question 4:
    My laptop. I really wish I had a touchscreen to make things easier.

Question 5:
    3D animation: Blender. Pixel art: piskel. Vector art: inkscape.

DrRoboguy
    Fez
    VikingEnlarged
    Will