More Light Options

Hi CC!
I have some more light suggestions for the Cavern Mines, if the CC staff would please consider.

Miner's helmet should produce light in dark places
A wand that glows
A carriable torch
An outfit that glows
Level 50 pets should produce light for dark places
A mask/glasses that give qbee spotlight eyes
A pet made specifically to produce light
A light producing perk for qbee body that automatically activates in dark areas (my fav)

If people have any other ideas, feel free to add.
Please, CC Staff, do not ignore this. Please consider these more light options.
Thanks

Comments

• xNexyxNexy NLMember
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/9863/#Comment_9863

All those suggestions require dynamic lighting, which isn't as easy as it may seem.
  • I believe the Kewberth had said that they couldn't do dynamic lighting, so torches, mining hats, etc. I'm not exactly sure what other things that applies to, but it would be pretty cool if it was possible.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah about that pet.

A firefly would be the ultimate pet for this idea!
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited March 2016

I believe the Kewberth had said that they couldn't do dynamic lighting, so torches, mining hats, etc. I'm not exactly sure what other things that applies to, but it would be pretty cool if it was possible.

It all goes back to an English lesson.

Static: Character stays the same
    &
    Dynamic: Character Changes

Static is what we're used to seeing. Torches don't move. it just lights an radius area of blocks.

Dynamic is what people are essentially asking for; but would require them being able to edit the lightness/darkness of a blocks texture which is probably more complex than we could imagine.

Yeah about that pet.

A firefly would be the ultimate pet for this idea!

The idea is great but it would involve dynamic lighting too. D:
    It's still essentially an item that is giving off light AND also able to move.

• .ci..ci. Member
    I was just saying that it would be super dooper fantastic if all that lighting stuff was possible. I mean, well, it is possible, just difficult to accomplish. I guess the real deak might cause more lags or something like that.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    There was earlier already a suggestion about a body that gives light and they could do it they said
  • .ci..ci. Member

There was earlier already a suggestion about a body that gives light and they could do it they said

Cool.