Beach Balls D: look admin

I need play beach football with my feiends but ball is laggy ;-; u will do somethink ? I only ask..

Comments

• if you are lagging
    1.your device is bad
    2.your internet connection is bad
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited August 2017
    The ball will get as laggy as the laggiest person in the realm

if you are lagging
    1.your device is bad
    2.your internet connection is bad

It doesnt need to be exactly his connection
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There is unfortunately no way around a little bit of lag with balls in an MMO. If your connection doesn't lend itself well to fast action play you might want to try another style of game like golf or some target game etc.. where there's not as much back and forth.

This is a speed of connection between you and the server issue, and there's no real way for us to work around it. We did do a few things to try and minimize it, but at the end of the day it will always take 1/2 a second or something like that for someone with a slow connection to the server to get back information about where the ball went.

You may think other games seem to work ok, but you have to understand that other games don't work the same as an mmo with a single world that everyone is connecting to. For instance a multiplayer shooting game will create a little server near your area that people connect to looking for the lowest ping. That sort of thing is not an option for a game like Cubic.
  • Ty for help :)
  • There is unfortunately no way around a little bit of lag with balls in an MMO. If your connection doesn't lend itself well to fast action play you might want to try another style of game like golf or some target game etc.. where there's not as much back and forth.

This is a speed of connection between you and the server issue, and there's no real way for us to work around it. We did do a few things to try and minimize it, but at the end of the day it will always take 1/2 a second or something like that for someone with a slow connection to the server to get back information about where the ball went.

You may think other games seem to work ok, but you have to understand that other games don't work the same as an mmo with a single world that everyone is connecting to. For instance a multiplayer shooting game will create a little server near your area that people connect to looking for the lowest ping. That sort of thing is not an option for a game like Cubic.

Okay sorry for being off the topic, but it says you were active in July?
  • That's probably last active in game @ThE AwEsOmE DuDe
  • That's probably last active in game @ThE AwEsOmE DuDe

I think it's the forums .
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Maybe pm people if you have questions that stray that far off topic.

Keep it on topic please folks.