Random Featured Realm

TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
I think this was a great idea for most people. It opened up & expanded young minds exposing them to new & different realms. They get to see how others have built their realm, & find new shops that they won't find otherwise because not all players know how to, or remember to set their realm 'Tags' in Setup.
Adding the ability to elect to be excluded from RFR would be great if the choice were added to Realm Tags. Some people don't do well in crowds that go to the RFR.
Lobbies were a great idea if not for the fact that upon exiting you were sent to another location entirely when you exited to the same overworld. I have seen new players only use lobbies because they did not know how to get into their realm having not placed it or even known how to accomplish this at all.
With the introduction of the Guest Book, RFR would be a great way if getting input on the design of the featured realm. Suggestions (good or bad) would be a nice thing if players need more ideas on what is needed to get their dream off the ground in there. Some people are not so great at words though their intentions are admirable, the choice of words cut at times when taken the wrong way. We all need each other or we would just be alone & I don't believe anyone really wants to be alone. Sometimes we would like less company and this is why I would like Realm Tags increased.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There are still randomly featured realms. Those are the doors in the lobbies. They lead to random realms, but instead of 1 link you have several doors to different realms.
  • edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    Except it kinda gets annoying having to lock your realm whenever people flood in .-. Maybe something you can toggle whether you want to be featured or not
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If players don't use the random doors it may be better to just make the lobbies smaller and not use this approach, but I honestly don't know how often people use those doors or don't. We'd probably have to add some special logging to the server to see if they're being used.
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member

If players don't use the random doors it may be better to just make the lobbies smaller and not use this approach, but I honestly don't know how often people use those doors or don't. We'd probably have to add some special logging to the server to see if they're being used.

I do see more ue out of the Search bumper than the lobby realms.
    (besides ones own lobby door and the overworld door).

Still, At least the Search bumper's lure em to use it if the skymap doesn't ,right? Lol
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I actually use the random realms in the lobby now and then.
    I do so when i feel the need to change my activity.
    It's fun to explore and i get to know new people in this game.

When i notice that someone is "bored" i usually recommend them to visit a random place(trough the lobby or overworld).
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember

I don't use the random realms in the lobbies because they don't tell me if anyone is in them as the sky map tools do. I look in the sky map, then select populated, then shops or whatever I might be looking for at the time. I like to know at least there is someone home, even if its not the realm owner. I use the lobbies to check all my 26 realms and see what shape they are in faster than looking all over NE Tinkerworld.
    I knew there were RFR's in lobbies, and I do agree that this means of implementing RFR's is best because it reduces the massive populating of a featured realm. I posted this to see others thoughts on the subject and was reminded to do so when that hiccup happened the other day where RFR's came up in the System PSA. I also would like the option of being excluded from RFR's at all by means of a realm tag. Sometimes you just want to build, farm, or chat without people barging in. Locking a realm isn't a good idea for this when we are forgetful and don't remember to unlock it.
  • I used to hate the lobbies because it always seemed to force me into one and not being able to just jump to the overworld then one day something magical happened. It is like the lobbies became smarter and only in certain instances when ideal it would send me to the lobby. Now I love the lobby and do not mind it as that search bumper along with my realm being RIGHT there ALONG with being able to key realms like the town center without searching ALONG with the different overworlds being easy to access. I am not against a feature realm over the broadcast system but I defiantly would like to be able to opt my realm out of it as to many people freak the fried chicken right out of my kfc bucket O_O!
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    TheTimMan said:

I don't use the random realms in the lobbies because they don't tell me if anyone is in them as the sky map tools do.

it would not appear in the lobby if noone was inside of it, you might have the bad timing of entering shortly after they left, but usually there are people in the room if they appear in the lobby.

• TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    scorto7 said:

TheTimMan said:

I don't use the random realms in the lobbies because they don't tell me if anyone is in them as the sky map tools do.

it would not appear in the lobby if noone was inside of it, you might have the bad timing of entering shortly after they left, but usually there are people in the room if they appear in the lobby.

Yes, I forgot this. I been up for 2 days. Them darn eggs.