Strict rules about bumping Threads

SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
"Do not bump ancient and outdated discussions, just make another one with your detailed explanation."

I have seen these days useful & unique threads getting closed, because somebody comment a month later...(some less then a month)
Then I see a "closed" Thread getting bumped almost a year later. And it's functional again...
So when is a Thread outdated?! or is this just a "silly" rules?!
It's pity to see useful & unique threads getting closed... :(

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree, I get a old clan thread being bumped that is not being used being closed. But a useful suggestion that was never added? That should be based on the owner of the thread whether or not it should be closed.
  • Necropost rule is silly... btw i'm not saying that Gollum and other forum mods are bad for doing this.. they are just doing their job...
    I made a thread back in march asking for the necropost rule and this is what Horus said: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11029/my-suggestions-and-thoughts-for-both-game-and-forums/p2
  • Imo , the limit should be after 20 days without a comment, it's counted as Necro posting.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Well, there are rarely threads that are bumped after 5 months or a year. I'm sure the Forum Mods would lock them up if they really notice that, or get noticed by flags.
    In my opinion, a thread would be considered outdated after at least 1 month or 1 and a half. But as you say that some of them are "unique, useful" and maybe important, I suppose you could PM a forum moderator or Horus to unlock them and keep them alive? Like if it's some kind of announcement or essential.
  • Yea
    Sometimes people make an art thread a long time ago and would like to post new art on the same thread.
    It should really depend on what the thread is imo :P
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Threads are considered dead after they hit a month of inactivity, most of off-topic threads don't fall under that category. eg. art threads, music threads, game threads.

Same goes to various threads within trading/suggestion sections, so as was said above, it really does depend on what thread it is. Thread owner can bump it any time they like, that won't be considered as necroposting; as well as can request for their thread to be unlocked again for recycling purposes or if it was some project they're running, but was postponed previously.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Don't forget that you can use the "Flag" option upon such threads, to contact forum moderators. This can be used to ask for certain threads to be reopened providing there is valid reasons for such. Users opinion is and should be valued.
    The Enthusiastic vigilance of our current forum moderators should be commended. Just because a thread is locked, doesn't necessarily mean that it is the end of the story.

For those who think that a necroposting rule is "silly", just remember that your current topics can be drowned out by old threads that have been "uselessly" bumped. The Rule exists for such reasons.
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    "Do not bump ancient and outdated discussions, just make another one with your detailed explanation."

This is only thing I see in the Rules page and got confused when I saw a "closed" 1 year old thread getting bumped.

I guess it's clear now, I just dig the rest of the rule in this forum.

Discussion can be closed.

This discussion has been closed.