Please make Fridges useful.

How about we open the fridge and put eggs and milks inside so they don't spoil.

Comments

• I think they also could work like chests for food only too
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    Piratax10 said:

I think they also could work like chests for food only too

ehh I'd like to store keep other items in them besides food, that way I don't have to put chests underneath my fridges.

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah would be nice if they were storage container at least.

Eggs is the fridge!?! Not in the UK at least.
    All our chickens are vaccinated over here, so you don't need to refrigerate them. In fact it can be worse to store them in the fridge due to the temperature fluctuations.

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    gdog said:

Yeah would be nice if they were storage container at least.

Eggs is the fridge!?! Not in the UK at least.
    All our chickens are vaccinated over here, so you don't need to refrigerate them. In fact it can be worse to store them in the fridge due to the temperature fluctuations.

nice info drop XD
  • edited July 2017
    O my gosh I did a five page research paper on egg storage in college! LET ME DROP SOME INFORMATION ON TO YOUR MINDS EVERYONE! Egg Drop Soup ANYONE.

Here is the deal, no matter the egg storage the fridge is ideal but NOT required. A fridge only lengthens the time an egg will stay good but the period that eggs stay good without being stored is rather impressive. NOW there are SOME BUTS! I like big butts and I can not lie. If you store eggs in the fridge there are some very strict guidelines to follow however! Eggs need to be stored in the back of the fridge, not the door or in the front. Eggs unlike many other foods are very sensitive to vibration and temperature fluctuation. You will make them expire exponentially faster if not stored properly in the fridge than if you had stored them out in the open.

In conclusion if you are a person who eats your eggs regularly and you do not let them camp for weeks on end you could free up space in your fridge by storing them outside the fridge. Just make sure it is not near say a vent for the AC or somewhere by a door that leads outside. If you are not a frequent egg eater or eat them raw then make sure they are pasteurized eggs along with storing them in a fridge in the back :P.

From a personal standpoint I just refrigerate the eggs better to be safe than sorry. This is not the UK where British-produced, Lion-branded eggs account for 85 per cent of the egg market with the brand being guaranteed to come from hens vaccinated against salmonella. The US market does not have such beautiful regulations, where you get your eggs from can be rather questionable.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

O my gosh I did a five page research paper on egg storage in college! LET ME DROP SOME INFORMATION ON TO YOUR MINDS EVERYONE! Egg Drop Soup ANYONE.

Here is the deal, no matter the egg storage the fridge is ideal but NOT required. A fridge only lengthens the time an egg will stay good but the period that eggs stay good without being stored is rather impressive. NOW there are SOME BUTS! I like big butts and I can not lie. If you store eggs in the fridge there are some very strict guidelines to follow however! Eggs need to be stored in the back of the fridge, not the door or in the front. Eggs unlike many other foods are very sensitive to vibration and temperature fluctuation. You will make them expire exponentially faster if not stored properly in the fridge than if you had stored them out in the open.

In conclusion if you are a person who eats your eggs regularly and you do not let them camp for weeks on end you could free up space in your fridge by storing them outside the fridge. Just make sure it is not near say a vent for the AC or somewhere by a door that leads outside. If you are not a frequent egg eater and do not want the carton to go south then store them in a fridge in the back :P.

well played sir
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    If we will craft food in stoves, maybe we should craft juices in the fridges. Maybe with ice cube and yumberrys and sugar. Maybe, maybe...
  • I have like 10 fridges
  • +1 alreday started a fridge army.
  • PiousPious Member
    Fridges are already good for walls.
  • Can we have an amen to fridges being great for walls. I remember little penguin struggling with his shop and I used fridges...he was like what O_O! I am glad stoves are being purposed but stove pathways if the person has perms is going to be hella annoying. Stove trim on houses etc. will not be so bad but stove paths R.I.P,