Special Sign For Stories/Adventure Maps

I love making stories in Cubic Castles but I find a huge problem with them is how overwhelmed my builds become with signs. I think it would be nice if we could get signs that exclusively allowed for a larger base of text. The current signs allow for little text.

Comments

• ValleyValley Member
    YES, I love writing and I find it hard to do so using the current signs *cry*
  • Yes... I like to write some very long sentence.. but the current sign only allow that much character
  • yus pls +1
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    This is one of those things that had annoyed me from day one. Would be nice to have signs that could contain more text. Even a billboard as well while we are at it.

Majority of players have a real issue in actually reading signs, but those who endeavor to read sometimes get swayed from doing so, by seeing a sea of signs.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I thought more of this:
    The text bumper! Precisly what in story mode is used xD (and as bumpers that has been used for the nurse cap and doc mirror thing) it is already existing so they have to only copy the code with maybe a small change to the code and a different look)
  • We still would need signs even if other things were added like NPCs and bumpers. It be nice if we could edit the text on the sign anytime and for it not to be set like on the present signs. Making stories is by far my favorite activity in CC but I find that my stories are compromised because I have to cut out parts because there is not enough sign space. I mean look at Tale Of Atlantis...a sea of signs :O:

Save.png 622.5K
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

We still would need signs even if other things were added like NPCs and bumpers. It be nice if we could edit the text on the sign anytime and for it not to be set like on the present signs. Making stories is by far my favorite activity in CC but I find that my stories are compromised because I have to cut out parts because there is not enough sign space. I mean look at Tale Of Atlantis...a sea of signs :O:

yeah but that was a great story!
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    BOOKS THAT TURN PAGES! PLEASE!
    It allows the signs to still be short and sweet for readers (bc no one likes looking at a huge paragraph like 'I have to read that? Dx'), but it also allows writers to not use 3 million signs per room :)
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Books would be a good possibility. But i'm liking the bumper idea.
    Look at the size of the info bumper window. Imagine that filled with glorious text. A Much better way to reach an audience rather than with signs.

I Remember asking @SirKewberth many years ago about this, he unfortunately gave a rather valid reason as to why it wasn't added. Though the reason now eludes me as it was such a long time ago. I Wonder if circumstances have changed since.
  • I don't mind a bumper being added but signs kind of pull the reader along through the build that represents the story. That is why I like signs as well :)!