Idea, Emergency Shutdown .

I know , we are responsible if we give perms to strangers . STRANGER DANGER .
But I still see fake accs, turning around beginners , asking them if they can "upgrade their place", and Im sure that some of them got bad intentions . So I came up with this idea, A big pink button apears on a side of your screen , if you're on your realm | room, and you gave perms to someone . If not, no button, to be less annoying . Aaaaand when the magic button is pressed, Every people with perms looses them . If you act quick enough, you can counter almost every scam , since the breaking animation is a bit long .

Thank you for taking a part of your precious time to read this , have a nice day .

Comments

• QbirdQbird Member
    lucaaa795 said:

Oooooor
    You could use the already introduced setup menu button (whatever its called) by pressing the menu button.
    Its almost as fast as what you're suggesting

I think its way slower . And if you open all the windows, to be ready to press the button just in case, you wont see half of your screen, and could hardly watch the potential thief .
  • QbirdQbird Member
    edited July 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

-Gundam- said:

lucaaa795 said:

Oooooor
    You could use the already introduced setup menu button (whatever its called) by pressing the menu button.

I think its way slower . And if you open all the windows, to be ready to press the button just in case, you wont see half of your screen, and could hardly watch the potential thief .
    Then just dont give perms.Trust noone.
    Its too easy to say this cause people still do trust .
  • -Gundam- said:

lucaaa795 said:

-Gundam- said:

lucaaa795 said:

Oooooor

Do you have any reason to trust someone?
    No
  • -Gundam- said:

lucaaa795 said:

-Gundam- said:

lucaaa795 said:

Oooooor

No
    To help building for example, you have a perfect example of that -_-...

btw I think this is a good idea but no more. :3
  • -Gundam- said:

lucaaa795 said:

-Gundam- said:

lucaaa795 said:

Oooooor

No
    To help building for example, you have a perfect example of that -_-...

btw I think this is a good idea but no more. :3
    Well that example was right there watching weren't they
    And it wasn't much to lose
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Still, beginers arent aware of scams methods, and get scammed easily . Also they dont know they can use the realm setup in the menu instead of the pc, so they can be totally broke if someone take their pc . But with a big button on the screen, no problem, if the game tells them what it is .
  • -Gundam- said:

Still, beginers arent aware of scams methods, and get scammed easily . Also they dont know they can use the realm setup in the menu instead of the pc, so they can be totally broke if someone take their pc . But with a big button on the screen, no problem, if the game tells them what it is .

You leave the game by opening the menu so they can see it

And one of the quests tells you to go to learning center which has a door that leads to a place that tells you about scams

Also adventure mode teaches you about scams
  • QbirdQbird Member

-Gundam- said:

And one of the quests tells you to go to learning center which has a door that leads to a place that tells you about scams

If you dont play it till the end ?
  • -Gundam- said:

-Gundam- said:

What about that realm

And that part is in about 25% of the way
  • QbirdQbird Member

-Gundam- said:

-Gundam- said:

What about that realm

And that part is in about 25% of the way
    I know . But you got the option to leave way before that. Cc should put scam alerts in the tutorial too In my Opinion.
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    -Gundam- said:

I know , we are responsible if we give perms to strangers . STRANGER DANGER .
    But I still see fake accs, turning around beginners ...

... breaking animation is a bit long .

Thank you for taking a part of your precious time to read this , have a nice day .

There is no need for any new buttons, since there are several options that can protect you against stealing.

My favourite is that you don't trust anyone with realm permissions. Why you ask? Because PERMISSIONS=GIVEAWAY! Simple as that. I often say, don't trust anyone in this game not even to your mom! :D

But since you want to totally disregard my advice and you have urge to give someone your full realm permissions, I say again DON'T DO IT!

You better take a look at your cubit store under co-building section. There are some nice bumpers and blocks that could protect you from stealing.

For example Foundation blocks and claim bumpers. Yes it will cost you 1000c, but if you want to protect your valuable items its really not big issue. Other players can help you with building and your items will be safe, unless you dont like to keep your precious items glassed and one square near foundation blocks. :P

Next item you may find useful is flash bumper. For only 500c other players can build in your realm but they cant destroy blocks that were placed before you used flash bumper.
    This bumper could be craftable maybe or even placed near computer in new players realm. Just a thought.

Simple as that.

And don't forget!

PERMISSIONS=GIVEAWAY

• It's a nice idea when you are calm and have control on your hands,let me point why this wont work:
    • When you panic,as you do in most scam cases you loose control of your hands and it would be hard to click the button in that amount of seconds,because your response speed freezes for a very short amount of time!
    • Most scams are actually done when the owner is away,I actually rarely see that someone will scam the owner while the owner is right there,so in this case it would be useless!
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Sculpture said:

It's a nice idea when you are calm and have control on your hands,let me point why this wont work:

• When you panic,as you do in most scam cases you loose control of your hands and it would be hard to click the button in that amount of seconds,because your response speed freezes for a very short amount of time!
    • Most scams are actually done when the owner is away,I actually rarely see that someone will scam the owner while the owner is right there,so in this case it would be useless!
    I never saw scams when owner was away, cause giving perms when you're away is pretty weird .... I dont freeze when I'm scammed, or stressed . It's the opposite, i have faster reflexes doing everything to avoid it . So a big button would be easy to press . But I guess it totally depends on who you are, but you can't say that everyone will freeze . Just depends .
  • -Gundam- said:

Sculpture said:

It's a nice idea when you are calm and have control on your hands,let me point why this wont work:

I never saw scams when owner was away, cause giving perms when you're away is pretty weird .... I dont freeze when I'm scammed, or stressed . It's the opposite, i have faster reflexes doing everything to avoid it . So a big button would be easy to press . But I guess it totally depends on who you are, but you can't say that everyone will freeze . Just depends .
    EXACTLY!When 2 people own a shop,they will have perms all the time,and I've seen many shop scams who are made while the other owner is away or offline,and I'm pretty sure if someone scams your blocks it's not a big deal ehh. And as you said!It depends on the person,I have reaction speed of 198ms which is way faster than the average,still as Cubic Castles is a game which covers Mobiles too a big button would be annoying as hell,because not everyone owns a big mobile device and making that space even smaller just destroys your experience /
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Sculpture said:

-Gundam- said:

Sculpture said:

EXACTLY!When 2 people own a shop,they will have perms all the time,and I've seen many shop scams who are made while the other owner is away or offline,and I'm pretty sure if someone scams your blocks it's not a big deal ehh. And as you said!It depends on the person,I have reaction speed of 198ms which is way faster than the average,still as Cubic Castles is a game which covers Mobiles too a big button would be annoying as hell,because not everyone owns a big mobile device and making that space even smaller just destroys your experience /
    Yeah, for the two owned shops, its pretty commun you're right . Though dont make a shop with anyone I guess . I don't really understand the reaction speed mesuring sytem, but 198ms seems preeeeeeetty fast as hell 0_0