Enough is enough.

AllunarAllunar Member
edited July 2017 in Community
I wonder what opinions will be on this thread...

I never liked Gollum, I would've preferred BillyBoo as a mod and that I mean seriously, I seriously have to question the developers here though, I suppose it's not my game to question. However, a game is just as much about thinking about the users.

But spying on others 'private' chats which should not concern Gollum at all? Favouritism? Allegations? Grudges? WRONGUL WARNINGS AND ACCUSATIONS?!?

What are you thinking? I'm fed up with having to be around for all this. It's one thing him making up wrongful warnings and accusations because of his petty favouritism... BUT SPYING ON PRIVATE CHATS!?! NOT JUST THAT BUT TRYING TO SCARE PEOPLE OUT OF CONVERSING IN THIS PRIVATE CHAT, PEOPLE WHO WERE INVITED TO IT!?!?!?! I don't care what the staff have to say because as a former moderator for other forums before I joined CC IT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE TO DO THAT! It is a serious misuse of power and I can't believe he is allowed to get away with this!

WAIT! ARE WE FORGETTING THE DEVS HERE? Why are the moderators given permission to do this? Why do the devs allow the mods to spy on private chat logs? But if that is how the devs will run their forums it's okay, I don't agree with it but as long as the mods know what is acceptable I'm totally okay... but what Gollum doing is just... unacceptable.

Do you people want your private chats to be spied on? Now we know why the Forummotion CC forums said private message where on the new forums it just says message instead of private message. Funny that, it's Gollum: http://savingthrowshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gollum.jpg better watch out.

And if Gollum wants to shut down this thread or ban or warn me then so be it. He would ban someone from saying hi on his wall because it would be offensive sarcasm.

EDIT: Yeah, don't bother posting it because I know I'm getting banned for this, it will relieve me to know I'm right.
EDIT: It's also pretty funny Gollum went with that name of all.

EDIT: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/25325/are-private-messages-viewable-by-admins

Comments

• BillyBoo should never be a mod.
    Have you seen what he said to his clanmates?

Yeah, I hate BillyBoo for personal reasons. He should never be a mod I agree but I don't think Gollum should either.

Yeah, I hate BillyBoo for personal reasons. He should never be a mod I agree but I don't think Gollum should either.
    Ikr
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2017
    *Bram* said:

BillyBoo should never be a mod.

Ikr
    Let's not go too in depth with BillyBoo, I have respect for privacy of even him.
  • *Brambles**Brambles* Member
    edited July 2017

*Bram* said:

Ikr
    Let's not go too in depth with BillyBoo, I have respect for privacy of even him.
    I meant ikr about the golumm thing, I have nothing against billy
  • *Bram* said:

*Bram* said:

Ikr
    bleh
    I have everything against billy.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2017
    *Bram* said:

*Bram* said:

Ikr
    Even though you quoted that comment. >.> xD

*Bram* said:

*Bram* said:

Ikr
    bleh
    I have everything against billy.
    Me and him have a... bad history. Though he's not too fond of the mods right now which is the only thing I can agree with I'm with.
    EDIT: Actually I only have problems with Gollum, no one else in particular.
  • *Bram* said:

*Bram* said:

Ikr
    I didnt make it clear enough, ik

• same ciel
    I just hate billy xd
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2017
    *Bram* said:

*Bram* said:

*Bram* said:

Ikr
    I didnt make it clear enough, ik

Nah, you made it find. I just misunderstood.

same ciel
    I just hate billy xd

Yeah, let's just not make this into a hate for BillyBoo thread. xD
    EDIT: Though I would make a separate thread for that one day. For now we can focus on Gollum.
  • tru. no flame wars
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    Isn't this post just as petty though? I don't know what you guys were talking about in that chat, neither do I wanna know or have the right to know. But if it was a topic which wasn't allowed on the forum then don't mods have the right to punish people for it even if it was through messages? I wouldn't be happy if someone added me to a chat that was malicious or if someone sent me an inappropriate message. And I would count on the forum mods to punish whoever sent it.
    I don't personally know Gollum but from what I've seen, he is basically the only active forum mod right now, what would we do without him? Watch the forum burn to the ground? Mini mods and trolls would ruin this place in a heartbeat.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2017
    MarieAra said:

Isn't this post just as petty though? I don't know what you guys were talking about in that chat, neither do I wanna know or have the right to know. But if it was a topic which wasn't allowed on the forum then don't mods have the right to punish people for it even if it was through messages? I wouldn't be happy if someone added me to a chat that was malicious or if someone sent me an inappropriate message. And I would count on the forum mods to punish whoever sent it.
    I don't personally know Gollum but from what I've seen, he is basically the only active forum mod right now, what would we do without him? Watch the forum burn to the ground? Mini mods and trolls would ruin this place in a heartbeat.

Well unlike him I respect privacy, so I'm not going to go round exposing what happened. >.>

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/25325/are-private-messages-viewable-by-admins

EDIT: Like stated there it's frowned apon to do go through another's private messages
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    I honesty did not read your whole post..(I read most of it)

However.. The fact of the matter is.....
    If you have a problem with a staff member, speak to someone about the situation.
    Wrongfully accused? Take it up with support..
    Privacy being invaded? Take it up with support..
    Think there is favoritism or special treatment? Take it up with support..
    You see power abuse? Take it up with support..

As much as you may think that they don't care, I can assure you that the last thing they want is for people to stop playing the game that they put so much effort into.

Please be respectful of others even when you don't think that they are equally as respectful of you. It is up to the Qbees as a community to speak up for themselves, I agree.. But this is not the way, a negative post using someones name and dragging it through the mud is not accepted on these forums..

Further more you stated that you were a forum mod on other forums before, If that is the case then you know that making hurtful and directed posts like this is more harmful then good.

PLEASE SEND A SUPPORT TICKET IN THE EVENT OF "WRONG DOING"

Thank you
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It would be unfortunate for people to stop playing, but it's in the nature of a game like Cubic with many players, that not all players will get along all the time. We obviously can't force everyone to like everyone else. When a player happens to also be a forum or game mod, we STILL can't force them to like other players and get along with everyone. However they should not abuse their mod powers to unfairly ban/warn etc.. players. If that is the case then Slim is correct and the right thing to do is contact support, or in the case of forum mods you can also contact Horus, who by and large runs the forums.

That's not to say we'll necessarily agree with you... The mods have the unenviable position of being the "police" of cubic castles, and if you're the one having a rule enforced against you, you may not always agree, and you may resent the person doing it. So being a mod sort of puts you in a position where you're inviting, to some degree, a bit of drama. Some mods have stopped moderating because they didn't like always being the bad guy or being the target of abuse from players.

A lot of people ask to be mods, but one thing I tell players who are offered mod positions, is that it's not all positives. You get some positive and a lot of negative too. If you're a player and you enjoy building, it's not always fun to stop working on your new parkour to resolve a dispute between other players. So please keep in mind that being a moderator is not always the easiest thing in the world and moderators and admins may even sometimes make mistakes and unfairly blame someone or enforce a rule incorrectly.

It's not that we want to persecute players unfairly, but nobody is perfect, and we can't always know exactly what happened and sometimes we have to make a judgement call. This is particularly true in personal disagreements between players where getting involved forces us to "take sides", and sometimes these disagreements extend beyond the game to conversations in social media or on steam etc.. where we can't even see what happened. Sometimes people will send us screenshots, but these things can be edited in programs like photoshop and we can't base our decisions on them.

My advice if you have a disagreement with another player is to avoid that player. Nobody is forced to play with anyone else and we have settings on realms to ban players for that reason. In the event that a player seeks you out to harass you we have rules against that and you can contact support for help.
This discussion has been closed.