Making an official site to download cubic castles without google play

So for some people it's impossible to play cc on mobile because a few countries don't have access google play and i can't see making an official website to download cc without google play being a problem
So what do you think of this idea I know you won't be able to buy cubits if you don't download it from google play but it's better than not being able to play at all
Please write if you agree or not and why

Comments

• If people don't have google play they'll hardly know about the existance of the game... And not being able to buy cubits will be another problem, so just pass by?
  • Well cc isn't like a top 10 online games on Google play also YouTube videos exist if they stumble upon one or you suggested it to one of your friends but they can't access google play in their country a website to download it without google play would be easier and as I said I know you won't be able to buy cubits but at least it's better than not being able to play plus it can't harm the game in any way
    And I know i shouldn't be reasoning a lot if the idea gets a lot of hate
  • Well cc isn't like a top 10 online games on Google play also YouTube videos exist if they stumble upon one or you suggested it to one of your friends but they can't access google play in their country a website to download it without google play would be easier and as I said I know you won't be able to buy cubits but at least it's better than not being able to play plus it can't harm the game in any way

Well they can always play the steam version .-. or the ios one.
    Problem solved xD

Problem solved xD
    A lot of players don't own a pc and maybe they only have a mobile not an IOS

Problem solved xD
    A lot of players don't own a pc and maybe they only have a mobile not an IOS
    Well its kinda hard to know cubic castles from utube, usually from friends... So certain country wont exist in cc, and not much player in cc, usually 1000 players online at a time .-.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited June 2017
    This is for Cosmic Cow Games to do if/when they want to.
    You are not allowed to do this yourself.

For a start it won't be an official site as it isn't created by ccg.

Google Play is in plenty of countries already
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/143779
  • gdog said:

I never said players should do this
  • gdog said:

I think he just want to suggest CCG to make the site ' - '
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Fair dos i'd just woke up when i read it.
    I shouldn't be allowed on the forums pre coffee. My bad.

I know there have been issues in the past with people stealing ccg's ip and trying to sell or distribute cc without ccg's consent is all.

I guess the argument is, why spend money creating, hosting and running a website or distribution service if there is no financial gain from it.

You can play the windows stand alone version and if you look at the google play country list it pretty much every country bar china and a few others. So it's either not financially viable to do so or it infringes on the laws of those countries.
  • "For a start it won't be an official site as it isn't created by ccg.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/143779"
    +1
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    actually out of curiosity why isnt the game available on things like the amazon store? i know people with amazon tablets who cant get google play etc
  • actually out of curiosity why isnt the game available on things like the amazon store? i know people with amazon tablets who cant get google play etc

Actually some people copied cc to amazon a while back without ccg permission
  • AshibugAshibug Member
    edited July 2017

actually out of curiosity why isnt the game available on things like the amazon store? i know people with amazon tablets who cant get google play etc

Actually some people copied cc to amazon a while back without ccg permission
    Yeah I've been wondering about the Amazon store. It sucks because my siblings can't play with me because of the Amazon store.

And if it's copied, then I wouldn't play it because if ccg isn't the one responsible for forgotten passwords, your progress would be worthless since their copy wouldn't be connected to ccg's servers

maybethatsagoodthing
    edit: the siblings not the progress
  • I've seen apk downloads online, can't android users use those? O-o
  • Misticall said:

I've seen apk downloads online, can't android users use those? O-o

Yes, but some MAY contain Viruses, Keyloggers, y'know, malicious software.
  • I thought you could go to an official Google Play website and download APKs straight to your computer.
  • Yeah but some games don't allow versions from an other site
  • Yeah but some games don't allow versions from an other site

+1

• AshibugAshibug Member
    edited July 2017
    Ashibug said:

Yeah but some games don't allow versions from an other site

+1.

And honestly, wouldn't making an APK file to a game be very similar to pirating the game and putting it online for others to download freely?
    @Bunnycubit

I just multiposted accidentally when trying to edit. wooops.

• BunnYCubiTBunnYCubiT Member
    edited July 2017

Games that auto-update would still technically update; as it doesn't actually rely on the store, but it relies on the internet.
    Or at least I think.
    (ASHIBUG YOU 2POSTER AAAAAAAAAAAAA)
  • AshibugAshibug Member
    edited July 2017

Games that auto-update would still technically update; as it doesn't actually rely on the store, but it relies on the internet.
    Or at least I think.
    (ASHIBUG YOU 2POSTER AAAAAAAAAAAAA)

THAT WAS ON ACCIDENT

I literally have no idea what happened, I was editing my post and it mutated into another one o-o

or wait wouldn't mutate NOT be the right word xD

But no, That wouldn't make sense, because If I were to download an APK file for minecraft, if the official company isn't hosting it, then it won't update automatically.

edit: Now I know what happened, I quote myself on accident.
  • Oh, well that's understandable.
  • Well im bumping this suggestion

gdog said:

Fair dos i'd just woke up when i read it.
    I shouldn't be allowed on the forums pre coffee. My bad.

I know there have been issues in the past with people stealing ccg's ip and trying to sell or distribute cc without ccg's consent is all.

I guess the argument is, why spend money creating, hosting and running a website or distribution service if there is no financial gain from it.

You can play the windows stand alone version and if you look at the google play country list it pretty much every country bar china and a few others. So it's either not financially viable to do so or it infringes on the laws of those countries.

Well about hosting a site and paying for it without being able to gain from it
    Well if they did want to gain from cc why is it a free-to-play
    They're hosting the server for free I know the game pays for itself from people buying cubits
    But if they wanted gain from cc it wouldn't be a free-to-play
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    edited July 2017
    Cubic Castles does gain money by being a free-to-play game. While you aren't required to pay, you can gain more faster content by paying. And a ton of people would probably like content now vs content later. Personally, I wouldn't have bought some cubits if the game wasn't free-to-play. I like demos. @_@

If you think a game that is free-to-play doesn't allow any financial gain then how do most of the apps in the app store do it? It's either ads (which cc doesn't have, phew...) or IAP for more content. (Or something else I'm forgetting)
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Blop . CC is burried in youtube, Red Eagle is the most known youtuber who talks about it alot , imo, so youtube isnt a great way to make the game known .
  • -Gundam- said:

Blop . CC is burried in youtube, Red Eagle is the most known youtuber who talks about it alot , imo, so youtube isnt a great way to make the game known .

Well can I have your opinion on THIS idea
  • QbirdQbird Member

-Gundam- said:

Well can I have your opinion on THIS idea
    Crap I thought you wouldnt agree ;-;