Realm/Room Owner Transfership

I think we should be able to transfer ownership of realms to a trusted friend or family member. Like as a gift or something. I'd definitely gift a build to someone for their birthday <3 We really need this to share realms with other people :)

Comments

• I feel like this would be used as a scam. lol
    Someone would ruin it, and you know it! :D
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I 100% disagree with this because them players would scam each other by saying that they will give them cubits for the room/realm and the other player will never receive the cubits.

Maybe I would agree if you could get a gold key or something for a realm/room and could change ownership for that room/realm with that key through a register.
  • Liberated said:

I feel like this would be used as a scam. lol

So basically like every other new feature in this game.
    Rentals, vending machines, etc. With every update will eventually come scams. We just need to crack down on scammers and they will slowly but surely stop. Scammers can turn almost everything into a scam - does that mean we shouldn't have any content to prevent scamming?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I see no good reason to add this.
    There would be no simple method to do this.
    I would imagine it would be confusing for most players.
    And yeah i foresee it being predominantly used for scamming or exploits.
    Mass alt accounts with people selling their starters etc.

Not sure what any benefits would be either.
    You can still gift people rooms for their birthday.
    I've built realms for people and then just given them the doorway.
  • gdog said:

If someone was quitting, they could give their realms to their friends instead of leaving them to sit in dust.
  • Misticall said:

gdog said:

If someone was quitting, they could give their realms to their friends instead of leaving them to sit in dust.
    You can actually giveaway all your stuff including permissions in all realms already. :P
  • The suggestion is actually feasible without being scammed if and only if every room/realm has an identification number and unique realm name. Just ask the devs if the rooms have id since it has a creation dates. No reason to be pessimistic about the suggestion.
  • edited May 2017
    I remember when everyone was against the idea of hidey bumpers because they could be used for scamming lol.

I would like to see this feature for one big reason :D! People like Momo and Mr. Penguin have a treasure trove of unused rooms they bought that they could give to people to recycle rooms. <3 It would be raining rooms and realms on me mwahaha. I think if this feature was introduced there would be a problem with scamming but no different than anything else in this game. Like do not use rentals at a persons place unless you know they are trusted etc.
  • Also this can help others earn profit by building and selling. :)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I see no use for this..... it would only be used to scam people...

Also if you want to give a build as a present then just buy a room/realm and then dont let him in the realm or place the room in a locked of place
  • In this suggestion, there is positive and negative.

Positive:
    People can make a cool world or etc or pixel art, then someone come and interested with that realm. So that guy can buy the world and that last owner got c. That guy got the realm.

Negative:
    Negative thing on this suggestion is this can be used to scam people. Like they will try scam somrone like:
    Scammer: Hey want to buy this realm? I dont need it and there is a piggy with 10k in it (or any amount of c)

Someone: Oh wew, how much this realm?

Scammer: 5k :)

Someone: wow cheap, can i buy?

Scammer: sure

*buyed it*
    *scammer leave*
    Someone checked the piggy but actually, there no cubit :/.

How it work?
    Maybe u can take the a Key from realm setting? And then trade with cash register. After accepted, new owner able to take block etc. That last owner will not able take block

My opinion :/
    -Aj
  • ThuggieThuggie Member
    Liberated said:

I feel like this would be used as a scam. lol

same.
  • SpiridonSpiridon Member
    edited May 2017
    You could just give them permission, its not like you would steal all your stuff back if you gifted it to them, well I hope not. I think there isn't a reason to add this, just my opinion.
  • I remember when everyone was against the idea of hidey bumpers because they could be used for scamming lol.

I would like to see this feature for one big reason :D! People like Momo and Mr. Penguin have a treasure trove of unused rooms they bought that they could give to people to recycle rooms. <3 It would be raining rooms and realms on me mwahaha. I think if this feature was introduced there would be a problem with scamming but no different than anything else in this game. Like do not use rentals at a persons place unless you know they are trusted etc. </p>

Thanks for the supportive comment <3
    Also that is SO TRUE. I have an old level 35 account and when I switched over, I lost all my builds/rooms/realms. I'd love to get them back on Misticall xD

<blockquote class="UserQuote">

Also this can help others earn profit by building and selling. :)

Thanks! This would also support building more, and give it more of a profitable purpose. I saw a lot of people complaining of not enough building support- this would definitely help.
    Aj Baryza said:

In this suggestion, there is positive and negative.

Positive:
    People can make a cool world or etc or pixel art, then someone come and interested with that realm. So that guy can buy the world and that last owner got c. That guy got the realm.

Negative:
    Negative thing on this suggestion is this can be used to scam people. Like they will try scam somrone like:
    Scammer: Hey want to buy this realm? I dont need it and there is a piggy with 10k in it (or any amount of c)

Someone: Oh wew, how much this realm?

Scammer: 5k :)

Someone: wow cheap, can i buy?

Scammer: sure

*buyed it*
    *scammer leave*
    Someone checked the piggy but actually, there no cubit :/.

How it work?
    Maybe u can take the a Key from realm setting? And then trade with cash register. After accepted, new owner able to take block etc. That last owner will not able take block

My opinion :/
    -Aj

Thanks for the suggestion! The Key would be a great idea for safe trading. To prevent people using realms as trades to scam like you said, during realm trading there could be a warning, like on rentals.

• AidenPlayzAidenPlayz Member
    edited May 2017
    Uhm... now you're copying a game I know your talking about... try to change it a bit.. (with the key...)
    +1 tho.
  • Thanks for the kind comments, the positivity means a ton to me <3
  • Bump!
    I'd love to see more positive feedback - thanks to those of you who did, it means a lot to me ^^
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I wouldn't wanna see sharing realms but the ability to 'trash' realms I'd love.
  • I wouldn't wanna see sharing realms but the ability to 'trash' realms I'd love.

Yeah, that could be a thing too maybe.
    Thanks for the feedback ^^
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited May 2017
    You can't keep saying no to new ideas because it can be used for scamming. That only halts progress. Find a better reason to disagree.
  • +1 i like the idea of Passing or Selling ownership of a room..if it can be done in a safe way!
    It would give all
    those amazing builders a chance too earn some c by selling their builds/ by doing what they love.
  • You can't keep saying no to new ideas because it can be used for scamming. That only halts progress. Find a better reason to disagree.

Koekenbak said:

+1 i like the idea of Passing or Selling ownership of a room..if it can be done in a safe way!
    It would give all
    those amazing builders a chance too earn some c by selling their builds/ by doing what they love.

Thanks for the kind support, your words do mean a lot to me :D
  • You can't keep saying no to new ideas because it can be used for scamming. That only halts progress. Find a better reason to disagree.

You legend.
  • Bump
  • CubitScopeCubitScope Member
    edited June 2017

You can't keep saying no to new ideas because it can be used for scamming. That only halts progress. Find a better reason to disagree.

It's not just because it can be used for scamming, many features of the game that were previously added can be used to scam.
    gdog said:

Also, based from experience from a previous game, I agree with what gdog. I think only a small part of the CC community will use this to actually sell builds. There are alternatives to this.
  • ValleyValley Member
    Another idea following this is that the portal leading to the finished room is mineable so you receive the door in package form in your inven, ready to sell (all blocks stay inside room)
    That is a way to avoid scams.
    I say, take the risk!
    This would be very helpful for people who giveaway rooms such as space_fetus
    +1 :)
    Nice idea!
  • Valley said:

Another idea following this is that the portal leading to the finished room is mineable so you receive the door in package form in your inven, ready to sell (all blocks stay inside room)
    That is a way to avoid scams.
    I say, take the risk!
    This would be very helpful for people who giveaway rooms such as space_fetus
    +1 :)
    Nice idea!

Yes!
    @space_fetus wouldn't this be nice?
  • Bump
  • i agree with this but i do not want to see starter realms being able to be given away due to alt creating. other than that, it could be a pretty good feature.
  • i agree with this but i do not want to see starter realms being able to be given away due to alt creating. other than that, it could be a pretty good feature.

Or make those starter realm cant given away/sell/sold