Holdable torches

CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
edited March 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
As many people that visited cavern mines, you might have already experienced this frustrating sensation you get because all your torches get stolen ALL the time. So here I am, suggesting a torch that can be held like a wand to light up a way in the mines. As it's really annoying that people just pass by and steal all the torches you place. I hope it's possible to add this, as I'm getting really irritated by losing all of the torches I crafted ._. and I bet I'm not the only one who gets frustrated by this. Thank you for reading.

Comments

• Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    That's a very nice suggestion I have to say. Or maybe it could be nice,just that we could place torches, but nobody else could take them. Only the person who placed. But that's just a suggestion :P.
    All in all,nice suggestion!
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited March 2016
    It's just really super frustating.. People basically don't leave the mines just to run to you and take all of the torches you've placed ._.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    I know right, that's true. Well, maybe more cavern mines will be added some time,but since then, the suggestion you made would be helpful :)
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I know Kew mentioned they can't do dynamic lighting, not sure if holding a torch comes under that or not, would be awesome though!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I 110% love this! Also no one has robbed my torches... yet!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I never use torches but if that is going to be added i will!
    Also maybe nice too if what we have in our hand wil be showed (i mean then every item)
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    "Let players be players" -GDog

Maybe a torch that goes back into your inventory?
  • But what about all those dark puzzle/story rooms? Having an item like this would as good as destroy these rooms
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    I'm talking mines, not players' realms.
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    What 'bout them minin' hats? :D??? o-o
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    lunarisci said:

Kew said about that earlier, no way they can add a light to the mining hat :c
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    Siddd said:

lunarisci said:

Kew said about that earlier, no way they can add a light to the mining hat :c
    Hnnnng ;w; mining hats forever useless </3 -rushes off to after school class-
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    Maybe torches could have a temporary personal sentry on them so only the owner can remove them? The sentry would be removed when the player leaves.
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    what about torch duration of 15 min.?
  • CruelCruel Member
    What about Cave mine without dark stamp :P
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Fatal said:

What about Cave mine without dark stamp :P

Not a bad idea xD but that's the point of it being a cavern
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    yes. the emotion to stay in a cavern is the darkness. And if the cavern have spiders or other dangers will be better.
  • PixiePixie Pixie HollowMember
    Yes its annoying to have people take them! I don't want to leave them anywhere because of that. :v Maybe if they can't make a flashlight they could make qbees glow in cave mines like lights do.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    zpinol said:

what about torch duration of 15 min.?

If they should do that you cant use torches anymore in your own realm for decoration
    Pixie said:

Yes its annoying to have people take them! I don't want to leave them anywhere because of that. :v Maybe if they can't make a flashlight they could make qbees glow in cave mines like lights do.

And then the fun of the dark stamp is of of it so that doesnt sound like a good idea either
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yeah sadly we can't do this. If we could we would have. We knew torch theft would be a complaint, but there's no easier way for us to do this right now. Keep in mind that the caves are new and crowded now, so this should calm down a tad once a little time passes.
  • edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    "A less dark but still dark stamp"? XD
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well the cave mines are actually supposed to be hard to mine and a little dangerous so that much is intended. One possibility would be to let people place torches but not pick them up again. At least then you wouldn't lose your light.. but you would lose the torch.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember

Mcwolf24 said:

"A less dark but still dark stamp"? XD

Cloudy - Light Rain - Thunderstorm
    Cloudy - Light Snow - Blizzard
    Cloudy - Dawn - Dark

Any issue with this?

^^
    I wasn't pointing out an issue. ^^
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NerryNerry Member
    Bats! Add all of the bats to swoop down and kill chu! Yesh. That is what needed.
  • Holdable torches would be cool! (No more people getting them) But will it affect when we're mining?
  • Cupcake88 said:

Holdable torches would be cool! (No more people getting them) But will it affect when we're mining?

No, because we can hold wands when me mine already :P

• HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Please do not bump old topics.
This discussion has been closed.