Promote building more!

One of the main objectives of CC (according to me from what I've observed during my time here) is building stuff with blocks and craftables. But building is nowhere near as popular as buying and selling non-building stuff.

So, to promote building more, I suggest you make building updates more frequent. Maybe a year-long promotion with a new block or set of blocks every week? A building update event. Because we want more sculpty blocks and some craftable sculptys among others. I'm sure a lot of builders here have great suggestions about what blocks this game could use. Tagging @lucaaa795, @Enza Widow, @Miwky, @space_fetus, @JustMeg, the people I know who build frequently and can suggest new blocks.

Comments

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Blocks actually get suggested quite a lot, it isn't so much the blocks available that i see as the problem but instead the amount of attention that a good build generates. Sure i can holla all day long about my newest race track for example but people are only interested if it has a prize or at that particular time. People need encouragement to visit builds without having to be told COME SEE THIS HOLLAWARP. Many ideas have been generated as to how best do this. My personal idea which i'm moving on is The Grand Cubic Tour. Here is the newest episode

the first problem i have encountered is obviously not enough subscribers means not enough interest generated, so it becomes a case of not only having great ideas but finding the way to generate the interest for them.

I would love to see tons of new building blocks, i have had many good ideas and posted them on suggestions as have many others. I think what really needs promoting is the idea of building in general. Changing peoples opinions on the game is hard though, many believe it is a game about trying to 'get rich' which of course is fine if thats how you want to play the game but unfortunately this has slowly alienated the builders of the game :/
  • Great suggestion. Maybe there could be a building block giveaway by devs? I'm an amateur builder, but I'd probably take a lot more time into making builds if blocks were easily accessible '-'
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited April 2017
    for me existing packs should stay available in the store with the exception of vanities, this way when an upcoming season or holiday they can add packs with new blocks/buildables so that the previous ones will not become rarer and be "easily accesible"

as for the clothing and handhelds I'd say stick to the old way
    like add new clothes while also bringing back some old ones
    since most shops rely on those for income
    I think that would satisfy all of us, if not then I don't know.
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited April 2017
    Basically, I think that devs break the spirit of the sandbox game by 2 ways:

>Making minable stuff cheap on cubic store
    >Not making sculpty free

The first one kill the mining thing… (and sorry for builder, but mining should be a part of any game like this. Game without having to mine exists if you just want build)

The second one is the ugliest way to kill the wish of building. Arguing that they need money to pay the game, concerning Sculpty, is just wrong. They make money because of vanity and they know this. But seems like everything must be about money and benefits. When man see that there’s rarety about pixel’s color… it’s just biggest nonsense I’ve ever seen.

But as long as devs promote ‘hat collector’ instead of ‘living builders’, we wouldn’t be able to do much as player.

Now, I really agree with you all (nice topic dear wolf), and really foetus, I’m sad you can’t get more subscriber. My concern, I spent much money for the game and try to keep an eye on the vanity system, in order to be able to promote nice builds, reward and create a bit of animation. I'll also create a giant shop of craftable shop to provide any stuff for builders. But really it’s not thanks to devs. I don’t care of all the stuff I have but it’s sadely the only way to attract.

Maybe we should seat around a table and see if anything could be done to go ahead. I wish we could make the cc level higher, than having to attract player with hollawarp Like “VENDS!”.
    Sad since admins created an awesome game and make such bad choices.
  • Bsically most of the good looking blocks are horribly overpriced. In CC, you can't even become a good builder if youre not rich. The sculpty packs are way overpriced and so are bookshelves. CC has lost its purpose. The majority of players think this game is a fashion show.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    I agree with you all. Fetus the lack of hollas is a problem. Business qbees spend a large number of hollas to advertise shops and sell a few products. As frequently as once every 5-10 minutes.
    How many hollas do you see promoting builds everyday? Most of the times not even once.

There are loads of great builds in CC. But they aren't promoted anywhere near as much as shops. 10-15 hollas everyday in those lobbies with lots of builds like the one through Cubic town centre and Hinter's amazing amusements would increase the traffic in those build realms. Because most people hollawarp everywhere. And seeing those good realms might encourage people.

Although, I believe, it would help more if the devs actively promoted it more. Like suppose, using the system message as a promotional text to a different build realm everyday? Or, instead of "popular realms" in lobby, there could be an "amazing builds" list with random realms with great builds. Or an event where a random build of an active player gets rewarded with something once a week for a duration of time?