Bunny PJ's looking like Pink Pants make it too easy for scammers!!!! Please fix or change!!

So... Cubic Castles made this one too easy. I'm an adult player, which means i'm pretty well versed in how to avoid scams. I know when things look or sound odd.. And i don't just give perms out. BUT ... THOSE PANTS!!! I was trading for the pj's that make u bounce from the Easter pack. I checked so many times clicking to be sure they were the pajamas i was buying.. Yet somehow, right before transaction goes through this person switches with a normal pair of pink pants. AND GUESS WHAT??? THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, so how was i to know???
And i'm not the only one this has happened too. Others have been scammed by same technique. Seriously??? This is not cool. I put alot of money in this game. I truly enjoy it. All aspects of it. But this needs to be changed. It shouldn't be so easy to scam people.
Yes it's going to happen in all games, that we encounter such people as lack values, morals, and respect. But when you make it so easy for them.... Even i can't be mad they couldn't resist this ploy. Can you please somehow change some aspect so they cant be switched easily, so as to prevent other players from being taken for there hard earned cubits. I would greatly appreciate it. Its very upsetting to have someone steal from you.
I don't know who to be more mad at, myself, the scammer, or the designers on this one.
Thanks for listening, and hopefully taking my suggestion seriously.
Bess76

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited March 2016
    I 100% agree it's so easy to get scammed with them. Toooooo0000 easy. Also, you do get a pop up when you buy items. You should check weather it says pants or PJ's.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    There is the ability to click on an item in the window for description.
    Then there is a pop up confirmation window showing item descriptions. Items cannot be switched during this time.

What more is needed?
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member
    Its actually really hard to get scammed by that unless ur SUPER hurried
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ppl are just dumb .-.
    You say to them, you make anti scam ways, and they still get scammed.
    Like the hollas you need press the ? To know how to use it but ppl are too lazy to do that
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    I think some of you are forgetting that majority of this game is children, whom which are naive. It was an oversight that lead to an open invitation for scamming. I highly recommend that they CHANGE to the rear view with the tail showing.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

I think some of you are forgetting that majority of this game is children, whom which are naive. It was an oversight that lead to an open invitation for scamming. I highly recommend that they CHANGE to the rear view with the tail showing.

I quite agree. Although player should learn to try to prevent scams themselves.

I quite agree. Although player should learn to try to prevent scams themselves.

Bunny 1

pink 1

Yes they should, but I agree with the author. They made it too easy! They look identical :(
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    BJDware said:

Then there is a pop up confirmation window showing item descriptions. Items cannot be switched during this time.

What more is needed?

it shouldn't be a problem except like mat mention, sometimes you are in a hurry. Not everyone takes their time trading. We have players raising awareness, like Gdog with his videos and others in game. awareness is key.

BJDware said:

What more is needed?

it shouldn't be a problem except like mat mention, sometimes you are in a hurry. Not everyone takes their time trading. We have players raising awareness, like Gdog with his videos and others in game. awareness is key.
    Like I said, I think some of you are forgetting that majority of this game is children, whom which are naive.

Children do not read, and they are not aware of things like scamming. It shouldn't be a problem but it is. The only thing we can really do is just try to warn them and teach them to protect themselves. Haha but from having 4 younger siblings, I know, kids do not always listen.
  • Lol in brazil kids know more than they need know, and things that they shouldnt heard... Thats why brazil is a caos
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    BJDware said:

What more is needed?

Remember that we are talking about the kids I believe should not even be in this adult game. They don't read, not even the confirmation.
    You are good at a lot of things but if you believe that kids can act like adults just because you allow them to play a game where reading is required, you are sadly mistaken. Point: if you see the realms that require a password derived from reading the welcome signs in a realm, you will see a lot of 'kids' ask "what's the password?".

Change the pink pants to actual pajamas like with the tail showing is the only way they will not get them confused.

Like the old saying...a picture is worth a thousand words. Kids like pictures, words, not so much.
    edited March 2016

...sometimes you are in a hurry..

That's the problem right there. If a player rushes a trade, they are putting themselves at risk. all the tools are there to protect oneself from the mistake.

Though any change of design will help reduce the risk. It is not entirely needed.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Make It Neon Pink Wahahaha
    I Totally Agree On The Debate But I Dont Really Think Its An Adult Game Not Being Offensiv But Can U Guys Dont Use Harsh Words Like Dumb Or Naive..
    We Should Appreciqte The Admins And Mods Doing Their Best Fixing Or Editing The Game And Try To Listen To Each Of Us(A Million ++ Qbees) Cuz Theyre Doing This For Us To Satisfy Our Leisure Time. Ty
    edited March 2016
    BJDware said:

That's the problem right there. If a player rushes a trade, they are putting themselves at risk. all the tools are there to protect oneself from the mistake.

Though any change of design will help reduce the risk. It is not entirely needed.
    *Throws pink pants at BJ*
    It would help if they changed the design, because it would ELIMINATE the confusion, it is needed, since the majority of the game is children.

I know you have a really good point BJ, but not everyone can read English, so not everyone can understand that it is a different item by simply clicking on it.

For example, a Top Hat looks different from a Turban, you would immediately know it was switched, if you were trying to buy a Turban and it was changed to a Top Hat.

I am just trying to give you some insight about the topic of this post, "Bunny PJ's looking like Pink Pants make it too easy for scammers!!!! Please fix or change!!", they look so alike it is giving players the opportunity to scam the naive younger players. IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. It is not like we are asking for something huge, we are trying to support and help the younger community by asking it be changed to prevent confusion and protect them :)

*** Here is a link to the Scam Reports, showing that a player was "almost scammed" by the fact they look the same. Thankfully he was smart enough to double check the confirmation.
    Yes, the first time it was the Bunny Pyjamas but it was switched to Pink Pants.
    However not everyone is going to double check, If you give someone the abilty to scam, they WILL take advantage of that.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/18/scam-reports#latest
  • I personally do not even see why this is a multi-sided discussion. There is the question who would it hurt to have the pajamas changed to a more clearer representation of what they are? The answer is no one and yes you could argue that players need to be more responsible. This is true but is not the point, changing the image of the pyjamas would be a simple fix it is not like it is being asked the coding of the pyjamas be changed. The moniker "If it isnt broke, don't fix it" should not be the mindset of players with an ever evolving game. We should strive for the betterment of the game even with small side streets like the pyjamas being worked on. They are highly confusing in their current, I was given a pair from a friend so they mean ALOT to me. I mean like a crazy amount and I feel like I am smuggling illegal substances across the border because when I have them on me I am so scared that I will accidentally swap them with another pair of paints by getting confused at some point. So dear devs please do consider this ^_^!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    In short, majority agrees that the Bunny Pyjamas image should be change.

Make It Neon Pink Wahahaha
    I Totally Agree On The Debate But I Dont Really Think Its An Adult Game Not Being Offensiv But Can U Guys Dont Use Harsh Words Like Dumb Or Naive..
    We Should Appreciqte The Admins And Mods Doing Their Best Fixing Or Editing The Game And Try To Listen To Each Of Us(A Million ++ Qbees) Cuz Theyre Doing This For Us To Satisfy Our Leisure Time. Ty

I have seen administrators and moderators use the word "naive". Naive is not a hurtful word if you know what it is means. I will save you the time of having to look it up;

na·ive
    nīˈēv/Submit
    adjective
    (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.
    "the rather naive young man had been totally misled"
    (of a person) natural and unaffected; innocent.
    "Andy had a sweet, naive look when he smiled"
    synonyms: innocent, unsophisticated, artless, ingenuous, inexperienced, guileless, unworldly, trusting; More
    of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

BJDware said:

But the new design can help like Athena said, it's easier to recognize what's a tophat and what's not. It just makes things easier for younger and sometimes older players.
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member
    or just add something like "the offer has changed"
  • Any change that would help reduce the risk of being scammed should be implemented, for the simple reason of reducing the rate at which ppl are scammed. Which if you listen to other players in this game is a ridiculous amount....
    edited March 2016
    I Am not denying that a change will help. I'm just pointing out that we all can avoid the misdirection.
  • Bess76 said:

Any change that would help reduce the risk of being scammed should be implemented, for the simple reason of reducing the rate at which ppl are scammed. Which if you listen to other players in this game is a ridiculous amount....

Well yes, there are a lot of scams (mostly payaways and Pick the Block) but it is kinda your fault too if you didn't check to make sure everything is in order.
    You can complain about it and i'm sorry if I sound rude, but since the second confirmation on the reg helps by SAYING what is being traded... you only have yourself to blame if you get scammed and possibly by the same 'naive' kids.

edited March 2016
    BJDware said:

I Am not denying that a change will help. I'm just pointing out that we all can avoid the misdirection.

We can :) just need to spread awareness, the cubic learning center does it, but not enough.

Btw nice pun "bjdaware"
  • And wahts the difference between the 2 pants?
    piratax10 said:

And wahts the difference between the 2 pants?

Nothing but the name when you put it in your
    inventory, chest etc. But if you are wearing it, you are bouncing and you have a bunny tail.
  • So bunnytail probally will turn useless? ._.
    piratax10 said:

So bunnytail probally will turn useless? ._.

Only if you are wearing the PJ
  • The bunny tail is very useful as while the pyjamas are a gift from god they can be annoying when doing things like building or parkouring yet you still want to be a bunny.
  • CultureCulture IndonesiaMember
    All you guys must be carefull when trading the Bunny PJ's, you must smart to choose where is Bunny PJ's and where is Pink Pants :)

Culture