Holla Cooldown

BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
edited February 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Like the title suggests. I am sick and tired of people spamming in the holla chat. saying this and that, there should be a cooldown everytime you use a holla. Now i know people might make a mistake with hollawaprs. So let me give you this example

Holla "Example, cars are coming out"

(NEXT HOLLA) "EXAMPE ACARS" - (a pop up says) You have X amount of time left before you can holla again
============================================================================
Mistake Scenario

Holla "Come to my realm for vends!" *Was meant to be hollawarp*

Hollawarp "Oops sorry, now come to my realm!"

*In this case, there would be no cooldown as there is 2 types of hollas. A hollawarp and a holla

If they try holla-ing over 3 times in a row?

Now should there be a punishment if they repeatedly spam doing hollas? In my opinion, yes, people who do not read the pop up and continue to try and spam the holla system, shows that they are trying to do something irritating and annoying.

If they do continue to spam over 3-5 times in a row the time should extend from 5mins to 10mins cooldown. If they continue just make it half an hour for gods sake!

Why?

This would GREATLY reduce the spams and the holla fighting. It would also make a staff members job tons easier just knowing they can rest a little bit more without worrying as much about the holla system. Meaning more time to build/play and in general get their jobs done. This can also reduce lots of rude hollas that a racist/sexist or in general just being rude to a player.

Whilst this greatly reduces the spam, I understand it may be VERY annoying if you are doing an event. So i apologise if this does not fit the event. However do remember you have TWO different types of hollas to CHOOSE from.

That concludes my example, my idea and my reasoning

I am open to any comments, as long as they aint rude

Comments

• I agree something at least needs to be done about holla spammers.
  • Best idea highly needed
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I just think people who spam the chat with Hollas should get a warning then a ban. One time I spammed the chat with hollas (With was very immature of me to be honest) And a lot of people got mad, I should of got a warning then a mute imo. Other times though one of my hollas are too long like lucaaa795 said or I just can't sell a item so I use a couple with in a few minutes.
  • great idea^^
  • lucaaa795 said:

What of your phrase is too long for only one holla amd you have to send 2??
    Its their own choice if they want to spend cubits on hollas or not.A holla is aprox. 500c so i see wasted c
    Im fine with the holla spam

Is this so you can continue a fight? Cx and no, I don't get why you need to send to hollas?
    Nerve said:

I just think people who spam the chat with Hollas should get a warning then a ban. One time I spammed the chat with hollas (With was very immature of me to be honest) And a lot of people got mad, I should of got a warning then a mute imo. Other times though one of my hollas are too long like lucaaa795 said or I just can't sell a item so I use a couple with in a few minutes.

Ehh but sometimes staff wont be on? so we need a cooldown

great idea^^

Vallyn said:

Best idea highly needed

I agree something at least needs to be done about holla spammers.

Thanks
  • Why dont they put a delay on the holla's for say 1 min exept for mods and admins.So that mods can read it first and remove it before it travels the globe!
    It will give mods much more control over the hollasystem.
    Eventually spammers will just give up because they will know noone will read their holla and they will only lose a holla.
    And if the holla does not travel the globe noone can respond to it
    Just an idea :D
  • xShirouxxShiroux Member
    edited February 2017
  • XShirouX said:

Koekenbak said:

Why dont they put a delay on the holla's for say 1 min exept for mods and admins.So that mods can read it first and remove it before it travels the globe!
    Eventually spammers will just give up because they will know noone will read their holla and they will only lose a holla.

BIG BIG BIG +
    I know for a fact most mods are not on most of the day. I don't see how this would be beneficial to anybody, plus do you think mods would really want to spend ALL THEIR TIME doing this? I don't think so.

Back to the topic - I say let people waste their hollas, because their hollas are THEIR hollas. Who cares if they spam a lot? I like seeing the cubits wasted. xP Also, to fix this holla spam and I know for a fact you can block seeing hollas in your settings by turning off who you can see chatting. Block non-friends chats which blocks 99% of hollas. The only time I can see hollas affecting you is when you are watching them intensively. Spam is easy to fix, slide your chat bar all the way up, and then move on. ;]

I gave a solution to fix and why this cool-down feature in a way, is useless.
    How if people want to sell out their items using holla system??
    By the way, I'm fine with the holla spam too ~~
  • Koekenbak said:

Why dont they put a delay on the holla's for say 1 min exept for mods and admins.So that mods can read it first and remove it before it travels the globe!

GIANT +++
    Liberated said:

XShirouX said:

Koekenbak said:

BIG BIG BIG +
    I know for a fact most mods are not on most of the day. I don't see how this would be beneficial to anybody, plus do you think mods would really want to spend ALL THEIR TIME doing this? I don't think so.
    So you are saying there that moderator team are understaffed? \:)
    you can get rid of these hollas by pressing 'esc',then quit,after that press play and chat will automatically reset
  • i understand you guys. But the bar slides down when someone chats ._. and its very

annoying when you're chatting to your friends
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

you can get rid of these hollas by pressing 'esc',then quit,after that press play and chat will automatically reset

Yes, let everyone restart their game every 10 seconds cause others wanna have their drama infront of 1000is people

Yes, let everyone restart their game every 10 seconds cause others wanna have their drama infront of 1000is people
    Thank you! Thats why this should be implemented into da game
  • "I actually enjoy watching people fight and say random things in holla chat because it is entertaining. I wish people would do it more often because I like it so much"

-Said No One Ever

+10 to the idea
  • "I actually enjoy watching people fight and say random things in holla chat because it is entertaining. I wish people would do it more often because I like it so much"

-Said No One Ever

+10 to the idea

Why thank you :Y
  • I agree with the nukator.

I recently reported twice a guy named moron because of spamming the holla box.
    I could hide the holla box, but i wish follow the holla of interesting players.
    I was so upset to read "his life", that I was ready to leave the game for some days.
    Really, who cares about how he feels on the toilet bowl?

A cooldown would be really good, and it wouldn't hurt the seller. Some seller holla each minute to sell the same thing. What the point?

+1
  • I agree with the nukator.

I recently reported twice a guy named moron because of spamming the holla box.
    I could hide the holla box, but i wish follow the holla of interesting players.
    I was so upset to read "his life", that I was ready to leave the game for some days.
    Really, who cares about how he feels on the toilet bowl?

A cooldown would be really good, and it wouldn't hurt the seller. Some seller holla each minute to sell the same thing. What the point?

+1

Thanks, and ye it is annoying when you see hollas everywhere. I mean like im talking to my friends and a big holla from the same person comes again