Will there be a texture fix for CC on iPhone?

StevenlolStevenlol Member
edited February 2017 in Bug Reports
I just bought a new iPhone, graphics are terrible... Way different from PC ;-;

Comments

• I think theres a tweak that can fix it. Its called "Better Graphics (Slower)"
    I think. Also, 10,000TH DISCUSSION LMAO
  • I think theres a tweak that can fix it. Its called "Better Graphics (Slower)"

The tweak is turned on, checked it when unlocking camera
  • Stevenlol said:

I think theres a tweak that can fix it. Its called "Better Graphics (Slower)"

Can you show me what it looks like? Cause I play cc on 2 different devices and it is normal that the textures are different. I play on An android Phone and an Ipad
  • Stevenlol said:

Can you show me what it looks like? Cause I play cc on 2 different devices and it is normal that the textures are different. I play on An android Phone and an Ipad
    Haven't really been on, main 2 things that I saw immediately: Fancy Flooring had dark strips; Friend list background is dark grey.
  • edited February 2017
    Stevenlol said:

Stevenlol said:

Haven't really been on, main 2 things that I saw immediately: Fancy Flooring had dark strips; Friend list background is dark grey.
    Weird... It wasn't the same on mine. The only difference was dropped items and plaster. Maybe support can help?
  • Hey, um it's been like this since the Halloween update, and no, it's not going to be fixed. It's on all mobile devices.
  • Rootbeerr said:

Hey, um it's been like this since the Halloween update, and no, it's not going to be fixed. It's on all mobile devices.

;-; It's not like that on Android, never used ios before
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yeah the graphics are terrible for me too. (iPad Air 2)
  • Nerve said:

Yeah the graphics are terrible for me too. (iPad Air 2)

Same for me as well(iPad Mini 2) :P hope it is fixed soon, because on PC everything looks perfect compared to iOS.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited February 2017
    The graphics on a new iPhone should be identical to PC. If they aren't something is amiss. What model iPhone is it and can we see a screenshot?

Just to be clear.. what CC is supposed to do is check your system specs. If you're on mobile and your device doesn't have enough memory/power to display the full quality graphics it scales down to the lower quality to allow you to play. On newer android or ios devices this scaling down should not be required.
    edited February 2017
    Mine looks like this:
    I still have 32.5 GB on my iPad.

My iPhone 7 looks perfect yet it only has 10 GB left..
  • #blamehorus

I think the best way is to ask apple how to scale down you're used memory. I think you can put it in a hard drive
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited February 2017
    Nerve said:

Mine looks like this:

What model iPad is it?

• I have an iphone SE and an iphone 5S, textures on both devices are awful

Nerve said:

Mine looks like this:

What model iPad is it?

MD790LL/A

• CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited February 2017
    Edit: I take it back. I got a little more aggressive with which devices drop down to 16bit graphics, and surprisingly, a lot of Apple devices only have 1gb of memory, including the ipad Air and iphone 5s.

Are you sure this is happening on the iphone SE, @iCantiWill ?
  • The graphics on a new iPhone should be identical to PC. If they aren't something is amiss. What model iPhone is it and can we see a screenshot?

Just to be clear.. what CC is supposed to do is check your system specs. If you're on mobile and your device doesn't have enough memory/power to display the full quality graphics it scales down to the lower quality to allow you to play. On newer android or ios devices this scaling down should not be required.

iPhone 6, 32 GB, on full power
    I'll try to get a screen shot
  • CosmicCow said:

Edit: I take it back. I got a little more aggressive with which devices drop down to 16bit graphics, and surprisingly, a lot of Apple devices only have 1gb of memory, including the ipad Air and iphone 5s.

Are you sure this is happening on the iphone SE, @iCantiWill ?

Yes, but when i updated cc yesterday, it was fixed.

Is this supposed to happen on the 5S?
  • iPhone graphics are amazing! If you wanna complain, complain about Android *boos*
  • Here are two pictures
  • Colored Glass also looks bad (device is iPod touch)
    IMG_0948
    I forgot to mention that my iPad looks terrible with 100% battery too.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Liberated said:

iPhone graphics are amazing! If you wanna complain, complain about Android *boos*

Android have some nice graphics.
    My android lags constantly, and I sometimes spawn in a random box with a million diff blocks attached. I crash and then have to wait like 30 seconds until each realm loads. (black screen) My chat box sometimes doesn't even pop up.

My iPhone doesn't crash, lag, keyboard always pops up and I never become a box. I do have one complaint though. iPhone has terrible glass colors as mentioned above. It changed after clan-tag names got changed to green (back in Easter 2015) The colors used to pop out to iPhone users like me. It now looks terrible.
  • Stevenlol said:

Here are two pictures

I face that Everyday on my android device O_O so I've been wrong about the cc textures all the while?
  • edited February 2017
    Well BCat. Same with me, all the dev tell me is bcos my android device can't support the full texture anymore T.T
  • Same problem, but my ipad is old, its an ipad 4