So, there IS a new type of scam!

MufflonMufflon Member
edited October 2016 in General Chat
DON'T BUY CLOTHES FROM MANNEQUINS IN "VENDING MACHINES"!!!
The owner can put a sentry on them, so you aren't able to break the mannequin and get the clothes. Then, you get a delicious ban.

Comments

• If this is true, i appreciate it!! Time to find me friends and find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cant you just bomb the manniquen?.-.
  • No quackers it has personal sentry on ._. I think I was the first to be tricked ._.
  • yeah no anything that has a personal sentry can't be destroyed by bombs
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited October 2016
    I got scammed 5,000c off one of these too.. like why in the heck can mannequins be sentried?... What's the purpose?! ;-; (I wasn't even aware putting these sentries on mannequins was a thing) :/
    Also, what I understood from the new blocks was that if you buy a particular spot, you then own everything in that area you purchased.. shouldn't that then include stuff left by the realm owner in that spot?
  • Liberated said:

I got scammed 5,000c off one of these too.. like why in the heck can mannequins be sentried?... What's the purpose?! ;-; (I wasn't even aware putting these sentries on mannequins was a thing) :/
    Also, what I understood from the new blocks was that if you buy a particular spot, you then own everything in that area you purchased.. shouldn't that then include stuff left by the realm owner in that spot?

purpose: lets say i have a realm with mannequins in it, and i want to allow my friend to be "trusted" aka perm, so i can put sentries on mannequins and he cant take anything from the mannequin or blow it up keeping my display intact and items safe
    EXAMPLE:
    *puts krampus on mannequin and adds sentry*
    *trusts qbee*
    me:you have perm qbee
    qbee: oh thanks *sees krampus and tries to take and cant*
  • BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
    edited October 2016
    ._. I think I got scammed by it first lol... My friends and i were like... Should we be impressed or frightened? >_> Absolutely NEVER EVER trust a mannequin ;-;

And that my friends and community AND staff, is why sentries should NEVER be allowed to be placed on foundations :D I rest my case
  • I will put this in my plot scams section at my shop. Ty for making us aware. You have saved a lot of qbees from being scammed!
  • yep knew scam method beware
  • Well..
    If you found a new method..
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep it away from scammers that haven't herd of it?
    Oh well.
    Anyways here's my opinion:
    Whoever made that is just DUMB.
    Especially if it's a password sentry.
    1) I can see that.
    2) I can guess pass.
    3) That's just cold.
    Personal Sentry.
    1) Everyone around me will see I can't.
    2) I can screenshot it. (send it to mods)
    3) That's just cold.
  • Da  LegendDa Legend LebanonMember
    Haven't even checked the update yet, but from the forums only, it can be seen that these new foundation blocks brought more negative things into the game than good things.
  • Da Legend said:

Haven't even checked the update yet, but from the forums only, it can be seen that these new foundation blocks brought more negative things into the game than good things.

Not meaning to be rude but people arent gonna goto the forums and post about what a good plot place they found regulary
  • edited October 2016
    Bunz cake got scammed 5k from a manni vending machiene. She couldnt report it either because the owner hidey bumpered their name and it was a room so no name either. :/ (this was about 2 days ago)
  • Da Legend said:

Very true! I have bought a few things from the "vending machines". I found a realm that had the blocks all around and the item in the middle and a few people got scammed. I don't remember the name or realm but after seeing people get scammed I instantly left.

I wish there was a feature for the realm owner's name to pop out in like gold or something. It's hard to see who even owns the realm in crowded shops
  • lazylupinelazylupine Member
    edited October 2016

Well..
    If you found a new method..
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep it away from scammers that haven't herd of it?
    Oh well.
    Anyways here's my opinion:
    Whoever made that is just DUMB.
    Especially if it's a password sentry.
    1) I can see that.
    2) I can guess pass.
    3) That's just cold.
    Personal Sentry.
    1) Everyone around me will see I can't.
    2) I can screenshot it. (send it to mods)
    3) That's just cold.

This is very true, but you're overthinking it.

If I were a scammer ( Which I am not..)
    and there were a new scam floating around, if a number of people from the forums know it, I'm sure there will be at least one person to point it out.

If enough people spread this, then it would be more known. Although it won't be everywhere like the piggy banks, it would still be known as a red flag and for you not to trust it.

So even if scammers attempt it they won't succeed.

edit: forgot to mention, sorry for the double comment. I wasn't aware of the edit feature until now
  • This method is also used on piggy banks... Like someone I knew was buying 6 piggy banks for 1K from a vending machine... guess what: sentried...