Best Trailers

ArchevixArchevix Member
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Hey guys, in this thread, I will be giving my opinions on what I feel are the top three trailers that were submitted in the contest. I will also be giving some honorable mentions at the end. Here goes:

3. @iSeeBOOT^T

This is a great trailer. It has high quality images, and very good text. I especially liked the fonts and colors that were used because they had a great contrast to the gameplay colors, and complemented it too.

The thing I didn't like, was that it wasn't showing all of the most important aspects of the game. Especially parkour and what your realm could be. It could have also done without the pets part and quests part.

2. @Baby nelson (First Entry)

I love this trailer. It has the perfect music selection, with high resolution text that was displayed stylishly. It went over all the crucial parts of CC and really made it all seem extremely fun.

The first image was kind of blurry though, so points off that (sorry). The ending also had a low resolution image. While the prompts to download the game were fine, it would have been better if the logos of IOS, Android, Windows, and Steam were used instead. It looks better in my opinion.

1. @Gdog

So much to love here... high quality font and video. It really popped out at you and also covered all the main parts of CC. The images used in this video were also very high quality and used the best of everything.

It didn't really get me as excited as #2, but it was made better. Also, the footage was very zoomed out, which makes the QBee kind of hard to see. Other than that, it was flawless.

Honorable mentions

- @Lucaaaa795

Good music selection, covered essential parts of the game, and had a surprisingly "eye-friendly" font. The reason it's not in the top 3, is because at the end, when it showed all the combinations of clothing, it had extremely low quality images and the camera wasn't consistent in its angle. Other than that, I really liked it.

- @Dubby Pup 899 YT & @hawk claw

Surprisingly high quality video for being made on a mobile platform. The font was very warm and inviting, and it also covered essential parts of the game. The music was actually very good, and really made it seem like a cool game. If it weren't for the keyboard popping down at the beginning, or the incessant red "recording" dot during the length of the trailer, it could have made it into the top 3.

These are just my opinions guys, you don't have to agree with them. But for the people mentioned here, good job. Feel free to comment what you think about my picks!

Comments

• Wow o-o these are really good
  • Lonely BranchLonely Branch Member
    edited October 2016
    Thank you very much! I didn't have a chance to get steam on my laptop, it isn't available for it so I used my phone, and the recording dot bugs me too but the app I use is very good so the dot is nothing to me. This is very kind of you to make an honourable mensions so other people feel Happy aswell!

And yet again! Thank you

Edit: also do you mind putting my friends username for the video thing too cus she edited mostly and helped record, her username is Hawk Claw.