first person mode

edited August 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
i got idea to make first person mode (good for plasces in other realm with adventure like in minecraft or in realswhen you dont have fadey foams or want see players when you cant see them or enter to portal (not fadey foamed roof)

Sorry if one sugestion like that was here i dont seen it

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    How much i would like this idea, i hate it, sorry. Its just that im done with playing minecraft and i play cc especially because the 3rd person mode makes it different
  • Lucaaa795 said:

Add The first person mode in CC = Roblox or Minecraft.Lets keep this game unique.
    Plus,This game is made to be played in 3rd person.

Isn't Roblox 3rd person too? Huh, I dunno, I'm not a Roblox player.

Anyways, this problem could be solved by unlocking your camera, so it's really not needed, as lucanub stated, keep the game unique. Since this game is the only game I found closest to Minecraft, it's best if we don't take too much from Minecraft.
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    It would be a good feature, but this game was not made for such a view point.
  • Da  LegendDa Legend LebanonMember
    People comparing every voxel game to Minecraft makes me facepalm everytime.
  • Da Legend said:

People comparing every voxel game to Minecraft makes me facepalm everytime.

o-o

*Throws palm trunk at Legend's face*
  • -AK--AK- Member
    nah 3rd person is the best makes the game unique '-'
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    This has been suggested quite a few times in the distant past, so it would be fine to bring it up again and gauge the reactions from newer users.

If you are curious as to what happened to the suggestion previously, it was shot down with very little resistance. Majority of players disliked the idea. There was a following, but not many.
    Pretty much what we are starting to see here.

Two of the main reasons why it was not a good idea..
    One is the fact that every texture in the game will have to be redrawn ( every block and item ). Sure, the textures could be left as is just alike the DEFYBETAMAX, but a dramatic change such as third person would really leave things too unpolished.
    Second is that a lot of player builds rely on the current camera perspectives.
  • i dont want using fadey foams i dont have any skills with geting the items for fadeyfoams and the first person mode shloud be activated in options first person mode ON/OFF i dont know how to use fadey foam cubic learn fadey foam dont helped me
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    I, personally, can't support this idea, as I said on many previous threads of this subject. CC is a unique game, I don't want to see it turn into some minecraft which has a ton of really terrible copies all over the internet. And I'm not a fan of first person building games. There are many other things devs should be focusing on, and it's totally not this, imo.

And you don't need any skills to make foam... You just need ingredients and machines or just buy it from the store or player shops.
  • First person in this game NOPE! That 1000000% does not suit this game, this game is unique keep it that way and if you want a first person building game just go play minecraft
  • I think cc doesn't need to have a first person mode it would ruin the point of having outfits yeah people can see yours but you won't be able to see your own and if they added this what if someone couldnt take it off that would cause a huge problem
  • Um... Please don't kill me angry mob XD
    But I would like the idea of first person in this game. Maybe it could be an option in Game Tweaks, like View: First Person/Third Person so people could have a choice! ^^
  • LightosphereLightosphere Member
    edited August 2016
    Hmm 1st person view.... hmm....
    No I think CC doesn't need it
    Why?
    First, a Qbee height is just 1 block
    Second, there's a perk called spindizzy and when you do double jump in first person view you'll get confused if you do it repeatedly
    Third, the emm what can I say.... Game data (block texture) only have 5 side (up,left,front,right,back) and if they add this they'll need to make the sixth side....
    Forth, about the clothing system (Touch your character to wear the clothes) when you use the first person view then how to do that?

And this isn't Minecraft, when we want to change the settings we need to go to main menu

[Hope you understand what I wrote above]