Idea for scammer-busting

When someone scams and has been couched that person gets then his name in red that lets see that he had scammed and he can only get it away by profing that he hasnt done it anymore and never will

Say what you think about it, its just an idea. So i dont mind if it doesnt get added

Comments

• IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited July 2016
    Who will take the red color away? Moderaters? Admins? Admins are busy. I think if moderators are able to take it away, more and more Qbeez will swarm them asking them to take it away.
    For the red name idea, I don't like it too much not because I'm a scammer, but the idea of everyone looking at that red name and remembering it forever is just... like putting so much hate and shame on that Qbee, and maybe everyone will start spreading rumours and... it just gives a hard time for a Qbee who knows what he/she did wrong already and to be reminded of it by thousands of Qbeez calling them:" SCAMMER! SKEMMER!", even if the red name got removed. And what kind of red name? I don't think this next thing I'm about to point out will happen, but some people might mistaken them as admins if they have a red name or they change their names like into I don't know...SirKooberths?
    Nice idea, just a lot of consequences :P
  • Er, admins have red tags, this might open up even MORE scamming opportunities
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Er, admins have red tags, this might open up even MORE scamming opportunities

You could instead do a dot or something next to their name ^^ Like the red players in SAO (yay anime knowledge is useful!)
    SAOredplay
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

You could instead do a dot or something next to their name ^^ Like the red players in SAO (yay anime knowledge is useful!)
    SAOredplay
    Yes! Another sao fan! And i like that idea of yours, i didnt think about that yet xD

Also the mods do the red thing since indeed the dev is busy

And the mods can cloak themself so that stops the swarm anyways
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Don't mark them like this.
    Even if you remove the mark eventually... people will still remember it and a chance to redeem themselves will be very small.
    It is already hard for them to redeem themselves without the reminder of this mark.
  • Ome ROme R Member
    edited July 2016
    Seriously if this means qubees will turn to gorillas I am no ways supporting this 0.0
    But I think it's good
  • Remo-z said:

Seriously if this means qubees will turn to gorillas I am no ways supporting this 0.0
    But I think it's good

She means the red dot lol, not the gorillas xD

SAOredplay
    Yes! Another sao fan! And i like that idea of yours, i didnt think about that yet xD

How about the shame and hatred that Qbee will get? Cloaking won't help too much, because sometimes they cloak to their own names, and would you want them to cloak into something they don't want to cloak into like Kewb_EarthSoap48395 just to avoid them? I know cloaking could help, but I don't think the mods like cloak it into random things a lot too much c:

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited July 2016
    I support this in some ways, If they're a scammer they deserve the red dot. Yes they may have a small chance to redeem their self, but if they just had been kind enough to not scam in the first place they wouldn't have the problem. As for mods being swarmed they're already swarmed for just being mods. Also, what is the chance of walking into a realm and happening to see a mod. Mods can cloak as others have said.

Remo-z said:

But I think it's good

SAOredplay

How about the shame and hatred that Qbee will get? Cloaking won't help too much, because sometimes they cloak to their own names, and would you want them to cloak into something they don't want to cloak into like Kewb_EarthSoap48395 just to avoid them? I know cloaking could help, but I don't think the mods like cloak it into random things a lot too much c:

Not all mods just cloak as their name, I know mods that cloak as other names than what their name is.

The downside is mods already have plenty to deal with, adding this to the mix may make it to much for mods to deal with 50+ scams a day. Players already get muted and banned for scams. -Dragon
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Also scammers have scammed in their life, i think then only really serious scams (certain ammount of c or rarity item or ammount scams). And when they have redeemed theirself there comes a message that he has redeemed himself

Also if someone gets that red dot i think its their own fault, then they dont had to scam