Winning isn't everything.

TheCoolKid4TheCoolKid4 Member
edited June 2016 in General Chat
Today, I was playing the bottomless game with my friend. My friend is like an expert in it. He won the game twice in a row. During the third round, he lagged and didn't know what is going on. When he got back, he died. He was so mad he started swearing and begging the owner to put him back in the game. He even tried to BRIBE the owner with some cubits. The owner accepted the bribe but I whispered that he shouldn't take the bribe because it is unfair to everyone. He agreed and was banned by the owner. He started holla-ing that the owner is a scammer and all that. After a few hollas, the owner finished the game, and saw the hollas. He went to my friend's realm and started a HUGE drama. It went on for quite a while. Eventually, my friend banned the host of the game.
I couldn't just stand there, I decided to give him a face-to-face chat on Skype. Man, he was MAD (angry, not crazy). Here is how it went:
Key: Me = M Friend = F
M: Hey, what's wrong?
F: I lagged and totally messed my three-game-win streak.
M: You disconnected?
F: No, I lagged and when I came back on, I just fell.
M: What did you get from the other two games?
F: I got 50 cubits each game.
M: Wow, you got 100 cubits for free and you're mad? I got zero cubits and I'm completely calm.
F: You don't understand...
M: Yes I do. It's YOU who don't understand. You are a soccor player and I can't believe you have no sportmanship. So what if you losed one game? You still won the other two.
F: True...
M: Well, winning isn't everything. Even if you win everything.
F: Wait, isn't that a quote from Leo Messi?
M: Yes, games like these aren't meant for the owner to give away their cubits. It's to make the participants have fun. I play some bottomless games even if they have bad/no prize. From those games, I get the best prize ever, which is experience. Learning from others and how to win.
F: Ok, I'm sorry.
M: I want you to holla that you are sorry. The owner is online now.
F: Ok.
(10 minutes later)
M: Ok I saw the holla.
F: Thanks for being a good friend.
M: My pleasure
*call ends*

Moral of the story:
A true winner is someone that has good sportsmanship, a person who loses gracefully is a true winner. A person who learns from someone's or his/her mistakes. That is the true game spirit. Spread the word and be a winner!

-TheCoolKid4, BSBD

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Wow, cool story ;)

And this is indeed something to take with you in life