About mobs (Spudbug/slim/phantom)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    +1 this is a new way for puzzles
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I want the refresh bumper too... As well it might be nice to have a "killmob" block, so you could make little tracks of spudbugs with reset points. There's still work to be done for sure on these things.

Note that if you disconnect and reconnect they WILL restart... but in order for it to happen the realm has to "unload".. So leaving and coming back immediately won't have that effect. Leave it locked and closed for a while and coming back to it, will restart them. If you played the adventure... in the temple there's a little section where they do a kind of saw tooth zigzag. This is only possible because when the realm loads anew, the spudbugs reset. If not they'd have a pattern based on when I placed the blocks, which would be all over.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    This is kind of complicated, and about how the game works in the background... And while this is more Cosmic's domain than mine I believe it works this way roughly...

1) If you jump into a realm that nobody has visited in a while, the realm gets loaded into memory on one of our servers on a certain network port. (we do this to balance the load across ports/machines)

2) If you leave the realm and there's still somebody else there... The realm stays loaded. When you come back you're going to the same instance of the realm on the server as before.

3) If everybody leaves... the realm STAYS loaded.. but starts to time out. If nobody is visiting the realm for a long enough time (I think it's around 5 minutes? Not 100% sure.. Cosmic would know exactly) then the realm will unload.

So if #3 happens and the realm unloads. Then the next time you visit the realm you will be back at #1. If that is the case the mobs will reset. But if you didn't leave the realm long enough, or other people are there, when you jump back in the mobs will not be reset.

That's probably hard to follow because it's in english, and I don't know how useful it is in practice.. but hopefully it gives you some idea what I meant.

• edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kewberth's answer is 100% accurate. Realms stick around empty for about 5 minutes before unloading. Mines only last 1 minute.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Lucaaa795 said:

CosmicCow said:

. Mines only last 1 minute.

Soooo
    If you leave a mine for 2 minutes then u come back (noone is inside during those 2 mins) it will refresh?
    Like...a new mine? O-O
    That time i dont know for sure bit what i know is that if you go offline in a mine it wont refresh
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    edited June 2016
    Spuds Should Be Able To Enter Doors :O
    Ghosts Should Follow Peeps When The Realm Has A Dark Stamp ^^
  • Yakroo said:

Ghosts Should Follow Peeps When The Realm Has A Dark Stamp ^^

I like the second idea hmmmmmmmm
    Me too +1
  • Frenchyyy said:

Yakroo said: