proximity vc

Proximity voice chat would be so cool, like roblox how you can talk to other people if you meet a certain age requirement. It would definitely be helpful to talk especially since sometimes the keyboard bugs and doesn't allow users to talk. It would open the community to a bunch more people as well as allow new players to connect on another level, definitely a cool idea shoutout to Cubic. Just felt the need to go more into detail

Comments

• no way
  • yo this was already brought up. it would be a bigger problem on swearing which is already impacting cc. please close this discussion.
  • EithyEithy Member
    bump, even though the community may not agree devs can still take the suggestion at hand and use it at their own free will, would definitely be a fun experience especially since from what I've seen the community of CC has grown up and matured significantly
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I still think this would be a nightmare for mods and support. We already have enough bullying and harassment in game. I cannot imagine what people would do if there was an in game voice chat.
    We do have some people that have grown up and matured but I'd say the community as a whole is younger and less mature than it was 5 or 6 years ago. Ever since they added the browser version we've had a lot more younger players join.
  • I think proximity text chat would be fun. Voice chat wouldn't fit the game but a proximity chat for typing would be fun for hide and seek games or other games where you want to send a message to those near you, but not to everyone in the realm. In that way it would basically be a whisper to anyone within X amount of blocks of you.
  • EithyEithy Member

I think proximity text chat would be fun. Voice chat wouldn't fit the game but a proximity chat for typing would be fun for hide and seek games or other games where you want to send a message to those near you, but not to everyone in the realm. In that way it would basically be a whisper to anyone within X amount of blocks of you.

Definitely an interesting concept, got me thinking more in depth about text chat in general. It would be cool to even have a way to message players not in the same realm as you without the need of using a holla.