CC coding language and game engine

Anyone know what coding language cubic castles was programmed in and what game engine it uses?

I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find what language and engine it uses.

Comments

• DaddyyyDaddyyy Member
    edited July 2023
    Pretty sure it's c++ and prob doesn't use a game engine like unreal or unity if that's what you're referring to. These guys were making games before making games was cool.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Custom engine in c++ and a bit of other languages depending on the platform (javascript for web, objectivec for apple, and java for android)
  • Custom engine in c++ and a bit of other languages depending on the platform (javascript for web, objectivec for apple, and java for android)

So you guys have to write in completely different languages for each platform?!! That must be a pain.. I assumed that it was the same language for PC, android, and IOS. How is everyone able to play together when some people are playing on c++ code and others on Java code?
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited July 2023
    Hawk931 said:

So you guys have to write in completely different languages for each platform?!! That must be a pain.. I assumed that it was the same language for PC, android, and IOS. How is everyone able to play together when some people are playing on c++ code and others on Java code?

Take a programing language as a standard language (english, arabic, etc...). Each device has its operating system (iOS for Apple, Android for most smartphones, etc..). What Kewberth codes remains the same for every OS, they just have to *translate* what they coded for PC into other languages so the other OS also can act as intended.

It's like buying 2 bananas from a merchant in another country, despite not being the same language, you'll understand how much you need to pay for them, and the mechanic (here purchasing and getting the bananas) remains the same for everyone. :)