Reverse Vend Beta

Its been over half a year since support for this update came out. Give us something, whether it be open online beta, a forum announcement stating how it works, or at LEAST a confirmed release date. It can’t possibly be so hard to code that you can’t even say how it works or when it will be released 8 MONTHS after the textures of it were added. Please. Anything to know that this update is still being worked on.

Comments

• this is either due to the dev team working on other updates or procrastination of a sort
  • Orran9827 said:

this is either due to the dev team working on other updates or procrastination of a sort

All I’m asking for is something like the release date and how exactly it works. Months ago, someone asked why there were 3 different types, and @Kn1ght4nd3r50n responded with “its too early to give hints.” That was before the textures were in the packs. Just was wondering if now we could get some information about this update.
  • Announcing a release date is not going to happen. A release date creates a promise that it will be out by then, but things can happen that can delay it, breaking that promise and angering the public about it not coming out that day. As for how it works, maybe they are still working on it. The developers are extremely busy, trying to release holiday packs and summer packs, keep up with the community, and juggle the responsibility of keeping the game active. There are certain priorities, and the reverse vend is probably not the highest one at the moment. I'm sure it will be released eventually, however they need to get the top priorities done first.
  • @SirKewberth @U
    Can we atleast get some sort of update or confirmation about these vends?
    The photos were added into the game around Halloween.
  • edited May 2023

Announcing a release date is not going to happen. A release date creates a promise that it will be out by then, but things can happen that can delay it, breaking that promise and angering the public about it not coming out that day. As for how it works, maybe they are still working on it. The developers are extremely busy, trying to release holiday packs and summer packs, keep up with the community, and juggle the responsibility of keeping the game active. There are certain priorities, and the reverse vend is probably not the highest one at the moment. I'm sure it will be released eventually, however they need to get the top priorities done first.

Alright then, maybe not a release date. But an update on how they work - an update on anything that is being worked on, would be appreciated. Most of all, what ARE the top priorities. Are they just making new pack items, or are they working on something which would be exciting for the community and looked forward to. Right now, the only update that we know is going to come out is the reverse vends, and we have absolutly no idea on how they work. I would hope that the devs top priorities are on game updates, and not spinnning in the sand creating pack items.

I know people are going to say “well Easter, Halloween, and Christmas are the most popular times of year because of the events so it would be bad to lay off them”. The game isn’t going to get better by making good events and packs. The game is going to get better by making good updates.
  • I'm a little confused on what you're asking of them. It could be too early to release anything yet. The game will get better by making good events and "packs". The "packs" are the update. That means a good update.

The reverse vend will come when it comes, and it will fall under the "good update" category like every other update... there is no need to rush the developers. Last time people tried rushing the developers, they released something early and people disliked it.
  • I'm a little confused on what you're asking of them. It could be too early to release anything yet. The game will get better by making good events and "packs". The "packs" are the update. That means a good update.

The reverse vend will come when it comes, and it will fall under the "good update" category like every other update... there is no need to rush the developers. Last time people tried rushing the developers, they released something early and people disliked it.

and when was this?

Thats something I don’t agree with. For example, if your friend comes up to you and say, “Hey, I just found this cool game called Cubic Castles. Want to play it with me?” After asking whats good about the game he responds, “Well, the game itself isn’t that cool - but the seasonal events are.” That doesn’t seem like that good a advertisement for the game - it only being good when events are happening.

This sentence here makes absolutely no since: "The game will get better by making good events and “packs”. The "packs" are the update.” Essentially you’re saying that making seasonal minigames and packs made of wearables that will be almost completely forgotten about 3 months later, tossed in the pot of hundreds of unique items will make "the game get better”. Why delagate almost all the development into a update which is completely insignificant in the long run, when you could be working on updates which impact and improve the game as a whole?

By the way, all I am really asking for is just some concentration on non-event things. It just feels like the game is spiraling into a endless “Valentine-Easter-Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas” loop, with no regard to the rest of the game.

• MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member

I'm a little confused on what you're asking of them. It could be too early to release anything yet. The game will get better by making good events and "packs". The "packs" are the update. That means a good update.

Thats something I don’t agree with. For example, if your friend comes up to you and say, “Hey, I just found this cool game called Cubic Castles. Want to play it with me?” After asking whats good about the game he responds, “Well, the game itself isn’t that cool - but the seasonal events are.” That doesn’t seem like that good a advertisement for the game - it only being good when events are happening.
    that just sounds like the friend is bad at advertising. Someone new to the game doesn't care about seasonal packs. He probably came to build, explore, and socialize, maybe trade, the main things the game is about. The friend should have advertised the things that are around all year, not things that are irrelevant to someone new to the game.
  • edited June 2023
    MEEPYZ said:

I'm a little confused on what you're asking of them. It could be too early to release anything yet. The game will get better by making good events and "packs". The "packs" are the update. That means a good update.

that just sounds like the friend is bad at advertising. Someone new to the game doesn't care about seasonal packs. He probably came to build, explore, and socialize, maybe trade, the main things the game is about. The friend should have advertised the things that are around all year, not things that are irrelevant to someone new to the game.
    True :p. That friend really isn’t the best at advertising. But if building, exploring, and socializing were the main this the game is about, why aren't they the main focus of the update cycle?
  • MEEPYZ said:

True :p. That friend really isn’t the best at advertising. But if building, exploring, and socializing were the main this the game is about, why aren't they the main focus on the update cycle?
    The update cycle is not a "main focus". Everyone cares about updates in ALL games, regardless of the main reason for the game. An example, Minecraft. That game is about mining, crafting, exploring, and building. But people will still be interested in the new updates, and the seasonal events.
  • MEEPYZ said:

True :p. That friend really isn’t the best at advertising. But if building, exploring, and socializing were the main this the game is about, why aren't they the main focus on the update cycle?
    The update cycle is not a "main focus". Everyone cares about updates in ALL games, regardless of the main reason for the game. An example, Minecraft. That game is about mining, crafting, exploring, and building. But people will still be interested in the new updates, and the seasonal events.
    Oops. This just goes to show how much of a difference spelling errors can make. I wasn’t saying that the communities main focus was ON the update cycle, but:
    If building, exploring and socializing are the main thing this game is about, why aren't the developers putting updates on those aspects at the top of the update cycle?

Sure, events hype up the community and bring them back, but they aren’t an update. They don’t change or improve the game.