I'm back after leaving for YEARS

Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
edited April 2023 in Community
Where I've been...

Damn, I have really not touched this game in quite a while... It's been like, 2-4 years since I've properly played (not counting the occasional check every few months). The last time I've talked in the forums was about a few months ago and since I came back, a lot has changed.

If you don't know me, my name is *personal information removed by moderator* (you can refer to me as RedTariq [which is my name on YouTube] or Cub the Cubic [or just Cub])! I started playing this game back in (May?) 2017 (it may have been 2016 since I joined before vending machines and rental spaces were made). I wouldn't necessarily call myself a "veteran" player, but it's safe to say I'm pretty experienced in how this game works to say the least. I got interested in this game ever since I saw my sister play it and I played on her account which she later abandoned which was known as "Friendly Cuber". A few months later, the account got lost somehow, I have no idea how it happened since I tried getting it back. But for all I know there's no way of receiving the old account as it didn't have a password and the device I had the account on broke down.

I was quite upset about losing my account that easily, but I ended up creating a new one which is known now as "Cub the Cubic". Every single day, I would play and play for hours and hours. I even made some friends through this game, a lot of them sadly quit the game, but at least 2-5 out of them still play occasionally from time-to-time. I used to hop on, play the hell out of bottomless and bomb games, and parkour courses. I did not like grinding all that much, so I'm still level 22 (which is pretty low compared to other users who joined way later)! But needless to say, I was one of this community's biggest fans, and I could do anything to prove it.

Ever since I got older and had less free time to freely explore, I ended up slowly forgetting about Cubic Castles, and even attempted to quit it at some point. I started joining other communities and started living life without a single thought of the game in my mind. I'm not saying Cubic Castles is bad or "childish", I just moved on after a lot of stuff has happened in my life. Fast forward to a few days ago, I suddenly got an idea to come and check how everyone was doing in the game. And after playing it... it just hits different, only a couple to sometimes NONE of my friends were online and I did not recognise a single player at all. A lot has changed and there are a lot of updates that I'll admit to not being super familiar with. I even just recently logged into the forums and WOW the amount of users have massively increased, with unfortunately my old friends missing.

This game, along with me, has really grown up quite a bit, and to see it still being fairly popular is sweet honestly. I was not the best user back then, I have improved on my behaviour and believe I'm a different person now. So to anyone I have confused, upset, or even stolen from in-game, I am incredibly sorry, I was very young then and I deeply regret what you've been through due to my carelessness.

To any new players reading this, this post is not a way to try and discourage you and upset you because you did not play the game back then. If anything, you being new to this game improves this game and makes it better for the developers!

Aaaaaand that's all she wrote! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the replies and I'll try my best to answer. With that out of the way, it's time to hop off and continue with my life. Am I quitting this game? I won't leave Cubic Castles for a good while, but I cannot confirm if I'll stay here forever until I die.

For now, goodbye!

Comments

• Oh and BTW my pfp looks awful but I'm keeping it for nostalgic purposes
  • CubicCubic Member
  • Cubic said:

Did I just learn the name of a song I was trying to find for months through a singular meme
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

Oh and BTW my pfp looks awful but I'm keeping it for nostalgic purposes

You gonna have to keep your pfp because you can no longer change it(that option is no longer available).

btw, hello again :)
  • scorto7 said:

Oh and BTW my pfp looks awful but I'm keeping it for nostalgic purposes

You gonna have to keep your pfp because you can no longer change it(that option is no longer available).

btw, hello again :)
    I will never be free from my 13 year old self's bad drawing skills
    Also hellooooo!