Game Suggestions

@SirKewberth
I've been asking for this many times, and I will ask for it again along with a few more suggestions.
As always, please don't use this discussion to argue.

1. Rebuild the community
I view CC as more than just a trading simulator. I see it as a community game where people come online to talk, hang out, and more. However, activity has been dwindling. Normally, when I come online at an active time, about 20-30 people on my friends list are online. However, for the past week, when I come online, there are usually only about 5-6 people on my friends list that are online. None of my friends were removed. They merely just don't come online anymore. Even the most popular pens plots can go up to half an hour without anybody renting it at a time when it would normally be always rented.

The CC community is small, and I would really enjoy seeing more people together. Instead of the overworld, one step could be to regress back to the old lobby. It was a much smaller realm with a much nicer feel so that more people can hang out together. New Eden and the other realms can come back later when the community is much larger in the game.

2. Add Community Events
CC has a lot of competition when hoarding/trading items, and also with the events. One step to lower the competition and increase the community levels would be to start making events as a global goal. For example, during Easter, you could have players work together to gather a total of X amount of easter eggs. Anybody that contributed would get prize A. However, players that gathered at least Y (more than x) amount of easter eggs would also receive prize B, and players that gathered at least Z (more than y) amount of easter eggs would also receive prize C. That way, the only person to compete against is the global goal and the thresholds for the prizes that you want. It could help bring back the community a ton.

3. Don't reuse Events
Coming up with new events is hard, yes I can agree with that. However, reusing the same event over and over and over again isn't as fun as if the event came up maybe once every other year or so. This year, we had 2 grind events that were practically the same. The easter egg hunt was a grind, finding easter eggs. However, for thanksgiving, we had to pick up poop. The counter was the same as well as the event mechanics. The eggs were given a new look and didn't disappear when at a distance, with an increased spawn rate. Other than that, everything else was the exact same. We had to run around for hours scooping poop, many players shut themselves off from everyone else in an attempt to gain as much poop as possible, etc...

4. Don't force people into events
Events are meant for everyone to enjoy, but people shouldn't be forced to participate. Easter is fine since the egg spawn rates were so low and you couldn't even tell if an egg was there or not from a distance. However, the poop event made many people quit or dislike the game. Builders had their builds ruined because they were covered in poop. Event realms were also covered with poop, along with shops, and more which ruined the looks of all those realms. A one-time mass cleanup would take 5-10 minutes for a large realm and even longer for 99x99 realms, and that one cleanup is already more than enough. However, the poop didn't stop there. Realms were constantly raided, even after all the poop was cleaned. I would be gone for 2-3 hours after cleaning up my mining HQ, only to return to see it covered in poop all over again. Poop itself is not regarded as an expensive item wherever you go. To have that poop cover literally all of your realms would pretty much make your realms look a lot worse.

The end message here is to not force people into events. Ruining builds or realms isn't worth the effort to try to get them into the event. If they want to participate, then they will participate, else we should let the non-event players free. I would be fine going into mines and gathering poop any day, but I wouldn't want my realms constantly being covered in poop.

5. Bring back Supers [in packs]
Many older players have left because they simply had nothing to do. They had so much money, every item and block in the game, etc... They mastered building, cc, pulse games, etc... The game itself is boring to them. Adding supers in packs again could help bring more older players back. They would have something they can chase that they don't need to grind to obtain. They need to re-enter the trading world and join the community to earn c to afford packs and chase after those supers. I believe that adding supers to packs would bring more older players back to the game, which would be really nice.

Those are my top 5 suggestions right now to the game. More would be removing ads until more people come back, improving the design of items, etc... but those aren't as important as the main 5 I listed in my opinion.

Comments

• I just want to see my fav game alive again. I'm losing motivation to come online every day since nobody is online anymore anyways. Most of my friends quit, and now I'm left with a bunch of people that I don't know and that don't know how to properly play the game and how to not be toxic.
  • 1. While I like the lobby, I don't think it is necessary to make it the main spawn when you leave a realm if it's going to get changed back when more people play the game. Rebuilding the community is something that's up to players too, and I don't think the lobby will do that.
    2. Community events and events with a guarantied prize by completing XYZ is definitely something that should be implemented. +1
    3. I would also like more unique events +1
    4. I agree that we should not be forced into events, but we haven't been forced into any events so far. We always have the option to not participate. I don't think players quit the entire game because of poop in their realms... if they did, it's gone now and they can come back.
    5. -1, this wouldn't bring back old players. I feel like it would make some players quit as they will lose a lot of cubits.

I would enjoy the game better with more people too, but I don't think these suggestions would increase the player count. It would make the game nicer for us who still play, but it wouldn't bring back people.
  • If they are making new events, I hope they are something original instead of something added on like the slyme eggs
  • MEEPYZ said:

If they are making new events, I hope they are something original instead of something added on like the slyme eggs

Imo most people come back because of events, like just to participate in the event and maybe the packs, but a lot of my friends were pretty disappointed or unhappy with the recent events / packs. Bringing back supers could have some players quit, but it could at least bring back an actual investable item instead of having every or most pack item(s) having the same price. Events are being reused which is why 3-4 of my friends quit.