Disappointment in Easter Event 2022 (Mainly the Slymegood Aspect)

MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
edited April 2022 in Suggestions & Comments
After weeks of hype for Dr. Slymegood's return, we were greeted with very few announcements for the story of Slymegood and BZ. The announcements we did get were just Slymegood saying he is cooler than BZ, which led to an egg hunting competition. This competition had no new features except for two teams instead of a typical egg hunt. And that Golden Eggs didn't return, which was an incentive to hunt for rare collectibles. After the competition for which Mascot would come, Slymegood came online for only one day. The prizes he gave out weren't unique. Slymegood was just a walking easter pow gift with some Slyme-related items thrown in.

Many old and new players come online during easter because they know how fun and cool it is to meet Slymegood and BZ. If @SirKewberth wants to keep those players interested and play the game more, then give out good items like Slyme Costumes, Boogers, Slyme eggs, and maybe other new exclusive Slyme items; anything good to keep players interested; not a pow gift with a few decos that fill your inventory and only one wearable per explosion. Not everyone enjoys grinding the egg hunt or Fishing for hours. Players log in for Slymegood and BZ for a chance to get good items without going through the hard grind that is usually required to get other rare items. It also didn't help Slymegood only came for one day. Not everyone can log on for one day, keep up the Slymegood hype, have him come on for more days, and maybe come on the week before and the week after. Anything more than one day is much better to keep players interested.

Of course, the Developers were busy working on fixing the Custom Blocks, but they could have at least done a little more to make this event much better than it was.

Comments

• RolimRolim Member
    edited April 2022
    The competition wasn't even one, no one was trying for any of the teams, It was just whatever the mines had people would just pick up... So no Dr.Slymenogood, "no one loves you more", it just so happens your slime eggs are easier to find because they stay after being spotted, for whatever reason.

Personally I don't mind much the items that the big fella gives, but I do agree that they clutter the inventory plus the amount given is a joke, you can't really make anything with 1 of each thing lol. I also do agree that it makes it less special by just giving out random items that your player base is definitely not interested... It should be something to remember, something special, meaningful.

Putting rares on fishing was just lame way to make players invested... Fishing in this game is honestly just putting the game in windowed mode while watching some videos on the background and when I get a fish, I reel it. Fishing irl is boring but you are a video game... You can make it fun to fish. It's just slow, nothing happens for a 1 minute or more, even with the best equipment. And then you get trash. Imo Terraria and Stardew have great fishing mechanics. Only using them as examples of "fun and engaging" fishing. But I'm not gonna bother going deep on this, not the point. Thanks anyways.

I don't like Dr.Slyme or whatever unecessary story it came with. It's an Easter Event, I love me some Big Jumping Bunny coming on Easter, not some random Slyme lore that I honestly can't care... If you wanna change BunnyZilla sure go ahead, but what does an ugly and gross Slyme has anything to do with Easter?

The biggest thing for me is the egg hunting, I have already stated it before. I love the pow crafting. But hunting eggs is dull. And if you defend this system then you don't understand why it's implemented. They are not invisible to make it harder, that's just a secondary effect, it's because of cheaters. That delayed egg show up thing is an anti-cheats system. At least that's what I understood from @SirKewberth when I encountered him by accident... Idk how that stuff works but I don't like it. I just wanna collect eggs without feeling that all I'm doing is scanning mines without any indication. (yes I know how they spawn near edges of blocks etc. but still feels like pain) Unlike the ghost hunting which at least has sound when u are near a ghost with the Psychic Revelation Cap. (Also they are invisible because they are ghosts which makes total sense) Not really a fan of ghost hunting myself but it has a Good System.

I found quite a lot of eggs in my previous rooms, (depends on room size and blocks placed) which is normal, I just never thought about it before but what if someone just made a build to spawn eggs? Then did it multiple times across the year? Is that even considered cheating?

I would love if there could be a new solution for next year, again...
  • Lord Noname2Lord Noname2 Member
    edited April 2022
    when the event start... i was like ''OMG DR.Slymegood sounds soooo cool'' but after the DR Slyme appears...i got a...deco...i should spend time on fishing instead of grinding those useless eggs...
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member
    edited April 2022
    I agree, also what happened after Dr. Slymegood won to Bunnyzilla ? @SirKewberth
  • Rolim said:

I found quite a lot of eggs in my previous rooms, (depends on room size and blocks placed) which is normal, I just never thought about it before but what if someone just made a build to spawn eggs? Then did it multiple times across the year? Is that even considered cheating?

I think eggs only spawn in rooms/realms once? So then it wouldn’t really be worth it to make egg-spawning rooms.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023