Expanding the playerbase and retrieving lost ultra rares

My idea is simple Cubic Castles @SirKewberth could possibly create a hat very similar to the postman hat concept and group email every single player that has ever downloaded the game offering a way to retrieve said hat .

Not only would this increase our playerbase by reminding old players of the game but also it would bring a lot of old items back into the economy which these new players want in exchange for the current or recent blocks and items they have accumulated.

If we mixed this idea with a double cubit sale we could really pump up the economy like we have never seen before. We don’t know if every issue that caused these players to leave has been addressed but the amount the game has progressed it would not suprise me if we had a large rate of return players.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It's not a bad idea at all really. I'm going to carefully consider this.
  • +1 I think you can use Legendary Crocskin @hat for it or the white hat in the game files.
    Or just make new an anniversary wearable for it
  • I like the idea a lot.
  • +1 the supply of common and rare items will grow again and more players playing again!
  • CubicCubic Member
    This is a really good idea. Considering nearly a million people have downloaded cc, if 200 thousand of them made an account with an email then that’s 200,000 emails… imagine how many of them would come back to the game to check it out and receive a free item
  • I don’t think these players would want to come back for a hat that would be worth very little, of course it could get some people to come back, probably not the audience with lots of cubits, and I think some people would report it as spam causing cc related emails to end up in our spam boxes.
  • MEEPYZ said:

I don’t think these players would want to come back for a hat that would be worth very little, of course it could get some people to come back, probably not the audience with lots of cubits, and I think some people would report it as spam causing cc related emails to end up in our spam boxes.

What would hurt about it though? If nothing good happens nothing bad will either?
  • MEEPYZ said:

I don’t think these players would want to come back for a hat that would be worth very little, of course it could get some people to come back, probably not the audience with lots of cubits, and I think some people would report it as spam causing cc related emails to end up in our spam boxes.

What would hurt about it though? If nothing good happens nothing bad will either?
    If tons of people mark Cubic Castles email as spam, then future emails we get from the game will probably be located in our spam box.
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited July 2022
    MEEPYZ said:

MEEPYZ said:

If tons of people mark Cubic Castles email as spam, then future emails we get from the game will probably be located in our spam box.
    It doesn’t matter if people mark it as spam if they don’t even play the game
    Edit: my bad misunderstood you
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    The spam issue is a big one. ISPs will literally cut off your acct if they see a lot of mail being sent. Mailing list companies don't want to mail out from 3rd party databases like our player database. So it is a bit tricky.
  • I’ll try and get some advice on this as I didn’t foresee these issues, I felt a company could contact their clients freely and didn’t realise this triggers things like account shut downs.
    Is there a way to contact the ISP and get permission and an acceptable amount :/ and yes this does seem a little tricky and from what I see mailing list companies are the most effective ways. I think your right it might be a bit tricky but not impossible.
  • CubicCubic Member

The spam issue is a big one. ISPs will literally cut off your acct if they see a lot of mail being sent. Mailing list companies don't want to mail out from 3rd party databases like our player database. So it is a bit tricky.

Guessing you abandoned this idea?
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Please don't necro post.
    Can reopen on chickenlips request.

/closing
This discussion has been closed.