New Berry Bush

IntimateIntimate Member
edited April 2022 in Suggestions & Comments
Make a bush we can farm to make white dye like the other four colors, Yumberry, Sunberry, Chiliberry & Frostberry. Make it have white four pointed stars and call it White Crystal Bush. Make the yield the same amount of berry as Yumberry, or more.

As it is now, to to spend one hour picking Yumberry then make red dye yields 60,000 red dye. To make the same amount of white dye takes 37.5 times longer and white dye is the most used dye in cubic castles. Here are all of the recipe's that use dye.

White dye = 32
Yellow dye = 16
Pink dye = 1
Red dye = 20
Green dye = 9
Blue dye = 17
Orange = 1
Purple = 2
Black = 17
EDIT: I forgot to include grey dye which uses white & black dye as well.

NOTE: There are 13 recipe's to dye clothing as well that say to use any color dye. This does NOT count dye that might be needed in the new release "Textures".

SirKewberth has stated he will change the white dye recipe but too little / too late as there have been a lot of things added to cubic castles that require white dye and no change in the recipe has ever happened since cc was an infant.

The new White Crystal Bush can be put in Deep Forest Mines. Right now there are average 110 normal bushes in Deep Forest Mines and have very little value as does all of the other items there such as non craftable flowers.

Comments

• I would like to see a way to produce more white dye +1
  • OK, so White Dye recipe has changed. It now only requires 1 white flower to make white dye so a big thank you to SirKewberth for this minor change. When two white flowers were required, the yield per flower was a measly 3.6 dye per flower and now it is 16 to 20 dye per flower (depends on craft all, or one by one). This is a big change but it is far from great. Here is why: before this change, to make the same amount of white dye as the red dye, it took 37.5 times more work and now it is only 10 times more work. While this is a good amount of change, but far from fair to all who use white dye. Here is my latest test of time involved to make 120k of white dye - 18 hours to collect 7500 white flowers in 75 mines @ 100 flowers per mine, plus another 2 hours to craft one by one just to change the yield from 3.6 to 20 per flower. 20 hours to make 120k of white dye where as 120k of red dye only takes 2 hours. This is ten times the work and white dye is required in the most recipe's (see dye list above). All dye EXCEPT white dye, can be crafted from a farm-able bush & white dye ONLY from a one time use flower. This is "not easy to introduce a new bush into the game" but think about how hard it is to make white dye even now, 10 times harder than any other dye. Deep Forests have approx 100 normal bushes and have very little value. Make a white berry bush and toss it in there to replace 1/2 of the useless bushes. Add the berry to all three crafting tables. This change but would not reflect a direct dollar income as selling cubits or packs do, but making players happy is a good investment IMO.

Why I am so pro change is that I only sell Dye & Farming Supplies. I have not been able to sell white dye for three years because I do not have an extra 37.5 times more time in my day.

Go To Dye It & grab the remaining white dye b4 its gone.

Note to all of you "credible" players, lease leave me at least 50 +1's, thank you for your support.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I didn’t think the change was necessary in the first place. Some recipes being harder is necessary so some blocks are more valuable. You should be thankful there was even a change in the first place to make these items less valuable.
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited April 2022
    I think your statistics must be wrong
    Going from 3.6 dye -> 18 dye per craft makes it 5x quicker to craft (18/3.6=5)
    Going from 2 flowers per craft to 1 makes it 2x easier to craft.
    5x2=10
    Therefore this update makes it 10x quicker to craft white dye. You originally said it takes 37.5 times longer so technically with the change it should now only take 3.75 hours longer (37.5/10=3.75), not 10 hours.
    Correct me if I’m wrong though or if I’ve missed something
  • can you explain more about this new update "more plentiful dye"
  • CubicCubic Member
    Intimate said:

OK, so White Dye recipe has changed. It now only requires 1 white flower to make white dye so a big thank you to SirKewberth for this minor change. When two white flowers were required, the yield per flower was a measly 3.6 dye per flower and now it is 16 to 20 dye per flower (depends on craft all, or one by one). This is a big change but it is far from great. Here is why: before this change, to make the same amount of white dye as the red dye, it took 37.5 times more work and now it is only 10 times more work. While this is a good amount of change, but far from fair to all who use white dye. Here is my latest test of time involved to make 120k of white dye - 18 hours to collect 7500 white flowers in 75 mines @ 100 flowers per mine, plus another 2 hours to craft one by one just to change the yield from 3.6 to 20 per flower. 20 hours to make 120k of white dye where as 120k of red dye only takes 2 hours. This is ten times the work and white dye is required in the most recipe's (see dye list above). All dye EXCEPT white dye, can be crafted from a farm-able bush & white dye ONLY from a one time use flower. This is "not easy to introduce a new bush into the game" but think about how hard it is to make white dye even now, 10 times harder than any other dye. Deep Forests have approx 100 normal bushes and have very little value. Make a white berry bush and toss it in there to replace 1/2 of the useless bushes. Add the berry to all three crafting tables. This change but would not reflect a direct dollar income as selling cubits or packs do, but making players happy is a good investment IMO.

Why I am so pro change is that I only sell Dye & Farming Supplies. I have not been able to sell white dye for three years because I do not have an extra 37.5 times more time in my day.

Go To Dye It & grab the remaining white dye b4 its gone.

Note to all of you "credible" players, lease leave me at least 50 +1's, thank you for your support.

@Nyemot read this
  • NyemotNyemot Member
    edited April 2022
    woooah that's heckin lot more dyes per white flower, i don't think a new berry bush is needed though.

also this brings down the cost of white+pink dyes to 18.75% of before
  • Nyemot said:

woooah that's heckin lot more dyes per white flower, i don't think a new berry bush is needed though.

also this brings down the cost of white+pink dyes to 18.75% of before

Yes we get more dye and only need 1 flower. Fact is that it takes 10x more work to make white dye than it does to make red dye. Players will not pay 10x more.

Before this new recipe change it used to take 37.5 times more work and the profit vs time was in the toilet.

We will not be getting a new bush as dev's time is more valuable than any of our time, fact.