Why are there so many restrictions on overworld...

I cannot even put decorations on overworld.....or use foams.....

Comments

• Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    List of block able to use at Overworlds:

Also, you can check that discussion: https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/29796/new-overworlds-system-a-full-guide
  • Overworlds were never meanes for building And so They have limit on blocks
  • tons of blocks caused bugs in the overworld, so I think they selected which ones we can use.
  • ok......
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    A lot of our decisions may seem strange to players, but with cubic it's always been our intention to make the game as acceessible as we can on lower end hardware and we value this over having really cool high end graphics etc... It's not that we're incapable of fancier graphics etc... It's that we choose to limit our tech so people can still access and play the game on a lower end android device or older computer. Even so our technical specs keep raising with every release because the game needs more and more texture memory to run. But we still try. With regards to the overworld vs a regular realm, overworlds see more blocks ALL AT ONCE.. so slower devices would have to draw a lot more. So that's one reason it's limited to simple blocks and decorations for the moment. We may open this up a little in the future.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

A lot of our decisions may seem strange to players, but with cubic it's always been our intention to make the game as acceessible as we can on lower end hardware and we value this over having really cool high end graphics etc... It's not that we're incapable of fancier graphics etc... It's that we choose to limit our tech so people can still access and play the game on a lower end android device or older computer. Even so our technical specs keep raising with every release because the game needs more and more texture memory to run. But we still try. With regards to the overworld vs a regular realm, overworlds see more blocks ALL AT ONCE.. so slower devices would have to draw a lot more. So that's one reason it's limited to simple blocks and decorations for the moment. We may open this up a little in the future.

With the zoom feature doesn’t that not matter as much? Someone with a low end device can zoom in, and someone with a high end device can zoom out.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I guess.. but I don't think normal players are going to start adjusting the camera so it works well on their system. They'll just play and if it dies or it's sluggish or too many overworlds give them trouble they may just quit playing. For someone to really start tweaking their experience like an expert player to find some sweet spot on their device, they'd have to already be invested in the game.
  • thanks!
  • I guess.. but I don't think normal players are going to start adjusting the camera so it works well on their system. They'll just play and if it dies or it's sluggish or too many overworlds give them trouble they may just quit playing. For someone to really start tweaking their experience like an expert player to find some sweet spot on their device, they'd have to already be invested in the game.

I would veryyy like to meet you in cc SirKewberth :D
  • i am larrysi am larrys Member
    edited September 2021

I guess.. but I don't think normal players are going to start adjusting the camera so it works well on their system. They'll just play and if it dies or it's sluggish or too many overworlds give them trouble they may just quit playing. For someone to really start tweaking their experience like an expert player to find some sweet spot on their device, they'd have to already be invested in the game.

He doesn't plays the game... Like rarely does he comes to check update
  • I guess.. but I don't think normal players are going to start adjusting the camera so it works well on their system. They'll just play and if it dies or it's sluggish or too many overworlds give them trouble they may just quit playing. For someone to really start tweaking their experience like an expert player to find some sweet spot on their device, they'd have to already be invested in the game.

He doesn't plays the game... Like rarely does he comes to check update
    ohh :/
  • A lot of our decisions may seem strange to players, but with cubic it's always been our intention to make the game as acceessible as we can on lower end hardware and we value this over having really cool high end graphics etc... It's not that we're incapable of fancier graphics etc... It's that we choose to limit our tech so people can still access and play the game on a lower end android device or older computer. Even so our technical specs keep raising with every release because the game needs more and more texture memory to run. But we still try. With regards to the overworld vs a regular realm, overworlds see more blocks ALL AT ONCE.. so slower devices would have to draw a lot more. So that's one reason it's limited to simple blocks and decorations for the moment. We may open this up a little in the future.

In terms of graphics, couldn’t you have a setting for highest graphics for the best devices?
  • Crimzo said:

In terms of graphics, couldn’t you have a setting for highest graphics for the best devices?
    And which would take More space for Changing graphics In olden days Cc was like 70mb And now it's more than 120mb So You can clearly see Adding new item makes it more heavy and Laggy to play
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Re-opened by author's request. Please keep the discussion on-topic
  • Re-opened by author's request. Please keep the discussion on-topic

thanks! graceful