lgbt pride flags

like the flags u can put on ur username, it would be nice to have pride flags or at least just a rainbow flag 🏳️‍🌈❤️

Comments

• PlayerPlayer Member
    edited March 2021
    It would just lead to harassment, bullying and could lead to political views coming into the game
  • edited March 2021
    Player said:

It would just lead to harassment, bullying and could lead to political views coming into the game

My existence isn’t political.
    And people will harrass others for literally anything, any form of harrassment shouldnt be tolerated, and I shouldnt be limited because of others.
  • We have the templar flag that is linked to (idk if it's intentionnal) a religious part of History. If religion's part of the game, I don't see why they shoudn't be added. The only issue I'd find is that they're a LOT of flags. Perhaps just the most commons such as rainbow, and non binary ones should be added.

Kind of touchy, but why not.
  • Player said:

And people will harrass others for literally anything, any form of harrassment shouldnt be tolerated, and I shouldnt be limited because of others.
    I don't see why we should bring sexual orientation into a kids game (PEGI 3+) but it wouldn't bother me if they added it
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The flags that are available on cubit store have nothing to do with history, religion, country, race. etc..
    The intention was to hide our main flag, or to have a decorative flag.

-1 (Same reason as Player)
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited March 2021
    Player said:

Player said:

I don't see why we should bring sexual orientation into a kids game (PEGI 3+) but it wouldn't bother me if they added it
    I’m pretty sure in the TOS it says to only continue if you are only 13+ or even 16+ I can’t remember
    but no one pays attention to that anyway lol

Anyways if you just called it ‘rainbow flag’ young kids wouldn’t relate it to lgbt
  • lukgosssslukgossss Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes but it's only game so why we need to put there real world so flags from religion or lgbt? If you play this game you should know about its only game should be without topic's from real live when we have another options about that
    Crimzo said:

Player said:

Player said:

I’m pretty sure in the TOS it says to only continue if you are only 13+ or even 16+ I can’t remember
  • lukgossss said:

Yes but it's only game so why we need to put there real world so flags from religion or lgbt? If you play this game you should know about its only game should be without topic's from real live when we have another options about that

Crimzo said:

Player said:

Player said:

We shoudn't be able to talk .. or wear pants ... or jump ... since it's irl things too o-o

@Galantis I'll let you see by yourself, just by typing the name of the flag : https://www.google.com/search?q=templar
    Crimzo said:

Player said:

Player said:

Anyways if you just called it ‘rainbow flag’ young kids wouldn’t relate it to lgbt
    If I'm right, any game that collects personal information is 13+. Thus the game is meant for kids, yet kids can't know what the 'rainbow flags' mean. I'm following SirKewberth's reasonning (such as abbreviated swears).

Lgbtq stuff are too controversial, political, and unnecessary for a kids game. The last discussion about this was closed due to the same reason. Not hating on lgbtq ppl, just a fact. In my opinion, games should neither reject nor show support on controversial topics, it just brings more drama within the game. Much like when Kewb allowed Lgbtq related clans, but he neither encouraged nor hinder them.

Yall can clearly see in this discussion how controversial it gets, plus kids are smarter than you think lol
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited March 2021

lukgossss said:

Crimzo said:

Player said:

Player said:

We shoudn't be able to talk .. or wear pants ... or jump ... since it's irl things too o-o

@Galantis I'll let you see by yourself, just by typing the name of the flag : https://www.google.com/search?q=templar
    Crimzo said:

Player said:

Player said:

If I'm right, any game that collects personal information is 13+. Thus the game is meant for kids, yet kids can't know what the 'rainbow flags' mean. I'm following SirKewberth's reasonning (such as abbreviated swears).
    Using the Templar flag is a bad argument to be honest. We are not in the year 1119 anymore, and even so, religion has absolutely nothing to do with this suggestion. The Templar flag is purely a part of historic knights, and really has absolutely nothing to do with religion that I know of today.

I agree with Player, and Galantis, -1.
  • IronFish said:

Lgbtq stuff are too controversial, political, and unnecessary for a kids game. The last discussion about this was closed due to the same reason. Not hating on lgbtq ppl, just a fact. In my opinion, games should neither reject nor show support on controversial topics, it just brings more drama within the game. Much like when Kewb allowed Lgbtq related clans, but he neither encouraged nor hinder them.

Yall can clearly see in this discussion how controversial it gets, plus kids are smarter than you think lol

Being lgbt is not political, my existence isn’t drama and shouldn’t be controversial.
    a rainbow flag isnt inappropriate for kids,,
    especially media now, most kids understand what pride is
    if people don’t like the flag, they dont have to use it? i don’t understand why we should be limited because others cant control themselves
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    @Samesharku Whatever your views are and our views are on this matter are mute and not valid cause SirKewberth won't add this. No one is saying your existence is dramatic or controversial etc. we're saying it'll cause issues, not directing due to lgbt, but the way the community behaves. You're talking about a community who'll make fun and abuse people based on where their from, their gender etc already. I see people making fun of people's sexual orientation already everyday, if you have a flag screaming this you're only gonna get abuse from players.

At the end of the day, it is a kids game, we don't need to be showing off our way of life on it. Feel free to do this irl, be proud of who you are. Play a game for fun though.
  • I tend to be a conservative player in any game. I never share anything about myself, if I can avoid it. This is something I learned to do overtime. The thing is, people don't like what they do not understand. You can't make them understand, either.

And that's OK. We all have to respect them, even if they don't respect us, be it for our religion, nationality or sexual orientation. We can't force anyone to accept things. If our ways of life offend them, even if it is wrong to be offended, we gotta accept that. And trust me, an LGBT flag would offend people.

TL;DR: Humanity sucks sometimes. But don't take it personally.

• IronFishIronFish Member
    edited March 2021

IronFish said:

Being lgbt is not political, my existence isn’t drama and shouldn’t be controversial.
    a rainbow flag isnt inappropriate for kids,,
    especially media now, most kids understand what pride is
    if people don’t like the flag, they dont have to use it? i don’t understand why we should be limited because others cant control themselves
    Its not being lgbt thats political, but its highly related to political views
    Not your existence thats drama, its how a large number of community reacts to it
    Like religion, political views etc, it is controversial
    Never said it was inapropriate, but unnecessary

Like what Ganondalf said, dont take these personally, theres nothing wrong in presenting one another's point of view towards a suggestion
  • HorizonerTiHorizonerTi Member
    edited March 2021
    Let's just say if this was added to the game, I won't be playing anymore, and I can bet others will do the same.
This discussion has been closed.