Burglar Play Set Theme

Giant_Giant_ Member
edited December 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
I was thinking how this game still doesn't have doors and windows after all this time!! Why!? (even though a house is like the first thing we all try to build) And then thought why not lockable doors and windows and then thought why not lockable/breachable windows and doors!

Thus, Burglar Play Set Theme:
I think a play set theme like scifi but with house doors and windows and lockable stuff that can be unlocked (big combination safes and wall safes that act like prize machines when you unlock them) and cheap wall paintings and deco like vases and stuff that can be removed (stolen by player), and alarms traps to be placed on doors and windows, and alarm system keypad that functions (like scifi wall keypad but functioning to disable alarms), and lock picks and carrying crow bar and burglar ski mask and dark sweat clothes and a carrying sack and all the tools and everything else you can think of in the same theme would be really really fun.

I think the way to make stealable items would be to have like a painting you can place on a wall that has charges like wands and once someone steals it then it goes invisible for them but it remains for everyone else until all the charges are depleted.

I think the alarm traps should be an option when placing the doors and windows. i.e. When a player places a door or window block an options menu pops up and gives the option of locked or unlocked and if locked an alarm is automatically set.

And I think if a door or window is set to locked by owner then it should relock itself if unlocked by another player in like 5 minutes or something.

Anyways, everyone please up vote this because it would super nice.

Oh yeah and if you get busted by an alarm then it counts as a death. (You hear alarms and see red flashing light for like 5 seconds and then you die.)

Oh Oh and an npc named "Black Market Dealer" or "Shady Trader" or something similar who players can sell (fence) stolen goods to for unique items. (He can be placed in evil town center behind a building or something.)

Comments

• we have doors they are called portals

we have windows they are called glass
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    edited December 2020
    Portals and glass dont make good doors and windows. Almost no one uses portals as doors for houses and they wouldnt use glass if there were windows as their should be. Be real.
  • I like doors and windows to be added, please and ty dear devs. The Burglar Playset while a well thought out idea and is appealing, it is a pass for me because I feel there are features that need to be improved upon first like farming.
  • bump. You guys sleeping on this idea. This idea so good you could almost make a stand alone game out of it.
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    edited December 2020

I like doors and windows to be added, please and ty dear devs. The Burglar Playset while a well thought out idea and is appealing, it is a pass for me because I feel there are features that need to be improved upon first like farming.

Farming gets boring fast. It needs fresh ideas for it. A couple of things I suggested were pigs dropping truffles and food to be used to recover health (+ a no food block for realms that don't want to allow food eating).

I think the biggest problem that farming has is the volume of crops that are able to be grown. It's way too many crops such that nothing has value. Cap should have been like 50 soil at most per player. Maybe they could change the grow times and make one yield of crops be like two weeks or even a month.
  • Giant_ said:

Almost no one uses portals as doors for houses and they wouldnt use glass if there were windows as they should be. Be real.

You think so?
  • Giant_ said:

Portals and glass dont make good doors and windows. Almost no one uses portals as doors for houses and they wouldnt use glass if there were windows as their should be. Be real.

Agreed. I love the whole idea of your post. I think that maybe like unstable blocks there could be unstable glass or something that can be broken with a slam jump or with a shot from a wand. It really bugs me that we still dont have doors. Its a huge problem especially in fine detail builds where you cant afford to ruin it by throwing two portals in instead of doors.

Maybe keypads could have a popup GUI and you have to click the buttons or something. I don't know how they will make the burglary thing available across realms though so thats something to give a bit more detail for. Still love the post, deserves more attention.