Couple of notes on skycam and other changes in update

2»

Comments

• HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited September 2020
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Kewbin said:

himohima said:

The title screen was modded slightly so larger names can fit nicely in the box.

You will notice that some inventory items display a kind of blueish background. this is prepping for overworld update. The ones with that background can be used while building in overworlds.

/skycam is a new mini-feature for screenshots. /skycam followed by a number 1 to 5 will give you different zoom levels. You can also use /nofog with it if you feel it helps. I'm informed that mannequins dont show up with skycam. That's because "qbees" get hidden. I will try to improve that in a future version. Skycam only works with steam right now but when the mobile updates go through it will work there as well though it may be slow on older devices as it has to draw A LOT more blocks. I will also mention in passing that skycam was inspired by screenshots Kewbin did of racetracks for the recent instragram sharing thread.

Is there is any other ways to mark block/items that can be used in the next over world update? It just looks weird, at first i thought it a broken file or a bug lol.
    Maybe just make a list of them or in the description of the item when we hold it?
    Or is it just temporary until another idea to mark?
    I tried some other ways. I didn't like them better. Maybe you just need to get used to it? I'm open to ideas, but the other stuff I tried was worse for me.
    I tried few different styles here... First image is the current one.

I think maybe the faded one.. the 2nd one is a bit better than the hard edge I have now. I don't really like the last 2 in particular for how they look on the first row.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Kewbin said:

himohima said:

You will notice that some inventory items display a kind of blueish background. this is prepping for overworld update. The ones with that background can be used while building in overworlds.

/skycam is a new mini-feature for screenshots. /skycam followed by a number 1 to 5 will give you different zoom levels. You can also use /nofog with it if you feel it helps. I'm informed that mannequins dont show up with skycam. That's because "qbees" get hidden. I will try to improve that in a future version. Skycam only works with steam right now but when the mobile updates go through it will work there as well though it may be slow on older devices as it has to draw A LOT more blocks. I will also mention in passing that skycam was inspired by screenshots Kewbin did of racetracks for the recent instragram sharing thread.

Is there is any other ways to mark block/items that can be used in the next over world update? It just looks weird, at first i thought it a broken file or a bug lol.
    Maybe just make a list of them or in the description of the item when we hold it?
    I tried some other ways. I didn't like them better. Maybe you just need to get used to it? I'm open to ideas, but the other stuff I tried was worse for me.

I think maybe the faded one.. the 2nd one is a bit better than the hard edge I have now. I don't really like the last 2 in particular for how they look on the first row.
    I prefer the first one over all honestly
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    U said:

Kewbin said:

himohima said:

I prefer the first one over all honestly
    I like it as it is. The blue matches and isn't in the way of anything.
  • Cafe De TernoCafe De Terno Member
    edited June 2020
    no one is talking about how this may ruin some mazes? https://imgur.com/1xGNHOD
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

no one is talking about how this may ruin some mazes? https://imgur.com/1xGNHOD

Not really... it remains the same, only you have a better view which gives you the opportunity to follow it with your eyes instead of the player.
  • should make it so u can disable skycam in ur realms if you plan to make something like a maze
  • P0RKYC0ASTP0RKYC0AST Member
    edited June 2020
    I love the /skycam command, Looks great for screenshots on bulky maps ;) . . . And now starts a new era of artists creating 3D sculptors :P
    edited September 2020
  • https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/397423837743939584/720886219382456401/bandicam_2020-06-10_02-47-30-093.jpg
    What if we have scrollbar to modulate the distances til we get the right direction we want instead of 12345? (min=far max=closer)
    @SirKewberth

Tbh i think it will be better to be just /skycam1 - 5
    edited September 2020
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Are there any plans to add more blocks or perhaps all of them to the overworld pallete in the future? @SirKewberth
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Ed said:

Are there any plans to add more blocks or perhaps all of them to the overworld pallete in the future? @SirKewberth

The thing with overworlds is... As you zoom out further you can see more blocks. So that means the game has to draw more things. So the reduced set is to try and keep the overworlds running smoothly on lower-end/mobile devices. There are no doubt some blocks that could be added without difficulty, so yes I do expect the selection of overworld-placeable blocks to increase over time.
  • Not going to lie, I didn't even notice the color at the bottom of placeable blocks. I only noticed it when I read this thread. I like it, now I know what blocks I can use, and if It is work to start saving up for a certain overworld project I had.
  • lol even if someone is moving skycam works :/ If you go to a lobby and someone is stomping you can see the jump effect (cloudy) or if you go to a realm alone, do skycam and jump it'll be the same.
  • 'Grill''Grill' Member
    edited June 2020

himohima said:

Maybe zooming in and out while in /skycam? Would be nice
  • For me, skyscam is the most devastating feature i have ever seen. I'm hosting event where each game has absolute unique units and made of various traps, mechanisms and mechanics. Seeing all of this before the game is started means having advantage. If there is an option like that, there should be "antiskycam" option to prevent such things. Some realms are private and shouldn't be seen like that. But as i reckon, there will be no option to block it.
    TwiIight said:

The skycam feature is great and useful ^^

Edit: Thundah beat me to it 😅

Yes, to spoil The Tower of Madness :C
  • WHAAAT!!! I always thought that the blue colour means the capacity of the item it can hold. I mean if the block of item is half coloured blue that means its capacity is decreasing.
  • Kewbin said:

himohima said:

I like the third one.
  • DashingMoonDashingMoon Member
    edited April 2021
    edited by moderator
  • ok thanks
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Please check the date of the thread before commenting.
This discussion has been closed.