karma farming

with the removal of karma does it mean people can comment whatever they want on discussions without getting warned for it??

Comments

• Obviously, un-necessary comments/discussions will still be closed/deleted.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    galantis said:
    That’s not what he was asking.
    Since karma is gone, the rules are extremely outdated, but there still isn’t a point to spam comments anyway.
  • CubicCubic Member
    Yes
  • CubicCubic Member
    It
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited May 2020
    Does
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2020
    JuIius said:

galantis said:
    Since karma is gone, the rules are extremely outdated, but there still isn’t a point to spam comments anyway.
    I see.. But I don't get why karma has anything to do with the rules, Because Horus mentioned nothing about it.
  • edited May 2020
    galantis said:

JuIius said:

galantis said:
    I see.. But I don't get why karma has anything to do with the rules, Because Horus mentioned nothing about it.
    I think what he is insinuating is that when the rules were made there was karma and users may spam to get it.
    Now, there isn't, the rules may be different, which they are most likely not: people may still be warned for spamming - just like in-game. There is no difference now, people just won't have a real reason to so it probably isn't a concern, it would just be un-necessary.
    The rules aren't "outdated" now that karma is gone, spamming and multiposting would just be pointless.

To answer the question: people will not be able to karma farm but they will be able to spam and multipost, which is against the rules, so you may still get punishment for such thing.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    All of the rules still apply. Spam, multi posting, necroposting and all of the other things you are not supposed to do will still get you in trouble and could lead to a ban from the forums, just like in the past. It would not make sense to just abandon rules because of a format change and the removal of karma.
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited June 2020
    Villain said:

Yes

Villain said:

It

Villain said:

Does

Oops that wasn't me ;)
  • the rules dont even mention anything about karma farming making it still valid, the only thing its outdated about are the activity wall rules and the how-to-access-your-profile part
  • edited June 2020
    Of course. Now you can no longer be accused of karma farming, but that does not mean that you can send whatever you want. Necropost, multiple publishing and spamming is still as bad as before.