Need advice on the biggest maze event

Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
edited April 2016 in Help Requests
Hello

I need advice about my maze. My initial plan was to keep the maze levels one after another. Players would need to complete one part to access the next part of the maze. The last maze would lead to a guestbook where the winners would be recorded. It would stay like this for a while, and after the event I would open all the mazes to everyone. However, seeing how most players treat long endurance runs, I'm not sure many people would complete the entire run. Now what's the point of making a huge maze if no one completes it or even sees half of it, right?

My second plan is to make the event like this: All the mazes would be open to all. And at the end of each maze there would be a guestbook bumper. And after a fixed time, the lists from the 5 guestbooks would be recorded, and points awarded according to their positions. The points would determine the winner.

Which is better? What should I do? Please help. Thanks

Comments

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    You covered it all.. and no, i don't think it will be possible unless you make individual tubes linked in the maze itself(as i have done in my glass maze), but those can not be revisited unless you go back from where you came(thus doing a whole part of the maze all over again).

In short. I know of no viewing platform that can be revisited without leaving the maze or use it to cheat the maze.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited April 2016
    Hmmmm, I'll have to think of a different method, then.

Edit: changed the entire topic instead of making a new one.
    Bump. Still need advice.

@BJDware can you help, please?
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    What about
    You opened the first maze on day one. And then write their points at the end of the course. Next maze opened at the next day and so on
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Nothing wrong with a good old Prize dispenser at the end.
    BJDware said:

Nothing wrong with a good old Prize dispenser at the end.

Okay, I'll keep it big, then :) thanks
    swissy said:

What about
    You opened the first maze on day one. And then write their points at the end of the course. Next maze opened at the next day and so on

No Swissy that won't do. The entire maze will open at once. Thanks, though :D
  • Hmmm, well, you can sell a warp crunch to them, if ever they fail on an attempt, or wanna view a platform. Id suggest price would be around 200c per crunch though, atoo cheap and they can give them away to their friends.

Hmmm, well, you can sell a warp crunch to them, if ever they fail on an attempt, or wanna view a platform. Id suggest price would be around 200c per crunch though, atoo cheap and they can give them away to their friends.

But what if people who didn't solve the maze wanted to buy, and lied saying that s/he did solve it. There would be no proof :P

Hmmm, let's see what happens. I'll do the warp food way, and if it's not liked by many, I'll just trade my telefood bumpers for guestbooks and change the system. Let's see....
  • Ask them what the name of the crunch is. But make sure to write a complex name for that :)
    Hmmm. Thanks ^^