-

Comments

• its not just #replacespace
    there is #fetusdeletus too
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    BlitzFan said:

its not just #replacespace
    there is #fetusdeletus too

You just made me laugh at 4:30 am when I’m dying from exhaustion.
  • well, have a good rest :)
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited December 2018
    Not even the forum PMs are safe. Forum mods can just check them without actually being added. They can do everything.

The developers did not put too much pressure on the fetus. He voluntarily accepted the job. He knew what he was going into.
  • If the fetus does get sacked I’d say it’d be an abortion by the devs...!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Say it all here then Lucaaa. I'll gladly say my opinion on subjects in public :)

I feel like the Christmas Contest Realm was a disgrace to all Events ever officially held. How Space felt this was acceptable is beyond me. Not only was that tree ugly, but the inside wasn't done correctly, he failed on the fady foam. The realm looked plain and boring, not worthy of my time. The Realm was literally 4 long pathways swamped in the snow, to make it even worse, plots were "locked" off by a wall of gingerbread and candy canes- which looked ugly. Compare this realm to Horus' builds and it is shameful.

I agree that putting the stress of 1 event per week is a lot, but that is what Space took on when accepting the job. I feel like he should be allowed help, we all need help every now and then- but he should give credit where credit is due. I personally don't care who's picked to build, if you do care, then man-up, if you wanna get picked then become Space's friend and earn his trust- he cannot pick random people.

Space shouldn't be paid for hosting events...If he is, which has been confirmed by 2 mods, it is ridiculous- I'm sure mods like Hinter, maybe Gdog, would've done it for free. Idk. Gdog & Hinter would've been a better choice, look how much Gdog has done for the game, how much advertisement and he wasn't chosen? I feel like picking Space was a bad choice- no offence Space.

I also feel like the whole system at which players are chosen to win is pathetic. You say that we cannot live see the winners be picked? Why? Cause of cheaters, sure, but you can publicly shame them- how come you will allow us to sit in jail, in public? How come we can publicly report scam reports in a public thread? You do support public shaming, so why not support it here?

In my opinion, every mod should have a say in who wins building contests. I don't know who judges, or how it's judged, but it's clearly not wanted by a vast majority of players.
  • ^^ Well said, point elaborated well, 10/10 speech
    edited December 2018
    The truth is, peng, that space fetus was choosen to be the official event planner because his friend, replicant_wxl, introduced him to kewberth, cosmic, and the whole community. If it wasn't for his friend, I bet 10k cubits that he wouldnt have been one.
    As some wise man once said, Moderation is sold for money, and let me add, or on a friendship system, even though the said friend might not be the perfect guy for the job.
    Devs seem to have too many $$$ laying around. They like to pay people when it's not really required.. How about some advertisements instead, eh? Cut some costs and focus on advertising.
    I support your opinion, peng.
  • I think more people should be able to help. I'd love to, but I've never been chosen *shrugs*. I just think that he should acknowledge that he is not a robot, and might need some more players to take some weight off of his back.

Also: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/24349/mobile-friendly-building-contests#latest
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Idk about the pay thing since I haven't really heard much about this, but it seems like the best solution would be to not pay Space and instead give him help. Everytime players ask about when we will get more mods, the response is usually "there are already enough mods". But if Space is doing everything on his own and clearly not doing it well enough to please the community, then we do in fact need more mods. Instead of #ReplaceSpace (which has some pretty rude undertones) we could use #MoreMods or something :)
    #ReplaceSpace sounds like music to my ears though.
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    I was not happy with the devs decision to add Fetus as the official event creator since it was announced, mainly because even before that I knew he was quite biased and would end up picking his friends as winners. I remember my friends asking why I was not entering contests anymore after literally participating in every event CC had before that, I simply had no effort to put into something I knew was fixed even before it started.

Back when Cortana and Horus did the building competitions people would scream abuse and say they picked unfairly but honestly, if we compare the winners from back then to the ones that win now, I think we can easily tell who is the one who picks without even looking at the builds for a single minute. Cort and Horus had a broad set of people helping them judge, thus having different opinions on what should win, they also evaluated several points and then gave every build a score as they went along judging, in the end they would add up all the scores and only then would they announce the winners.

They would also put a lot of effort, time and money into building the event rooms, buying resources out of their own pocket and giving their time away to make it a great time for everyone, the rooms they built for events were well thought out and looked pleasant to the eye. The event rooms we get now are trash imo, I do not enjoy sitting in a place where my plot is literally one block away from the next one and then drowned in mushrooms, fences and coal blocks. And who likes wasting their time into a build that won't even be looked at?
  • Idk about the pay thing since I haven't really heard much about this, but it seems like the best solution would be to not pay Space and instead give him help. Everytime players ask about when we will get more mods, the response is usually "there are already enough mods". But if Space is doing everything on his own and clearly not doing it well enough to please the community, then we do in fact need more mods. Instead of #ReplaceSpace (which has some pretty rude undertones) we could use #MoreMods or something :)

No Ashi #ReplaceSpace is the way to go

• I’m just going to say this, the rumor about Space being paid is not just a rumor, it’s true, friends of space have told me about it, it’s a confirmed fact, so, yeah, he gets paid
  • I’m just going to say this, the rumor about Space being paid is not just a rumor, it’s true, friends of space have told me about it, it’s a confirmed fact, so, yeah, he gets paid

really? I wish i got paid for doing a wack of a job, he could at least put more effort #NoMorePancakeTrees

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Not this old gossip all over again... Stick to facts and don't jump to conclusions!!!
    If you can't find solid facts, ignore it! All you guy are doing right now is create problems where there are none.
    If there really is a problem, use the tools available to you instead of turning the rumor barrel and leave it to those who are trained to deal with it.
    scorto7 said:

Not this old gossip all over again... Stick to facts and don't jump to conclusions!!!
    If you can't find solid facts, ignore it! All you guy are doing right now is create problems where there are none.
    If there really is a problem, use the tools available to you instead of turning the rumor barrel and leave it to those who are trained to deal with it.

Okay it is a problem. I myself am sick of hearing people complaining EVERYDAY about Space, so it is a problem.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    scorto7 said:

1. The forums ARE a tool of the community to put their opinions out.
    2. Many peoples issues are with how events are done, not corruption in the system. Rumor means nothing when the complaint is about how things are actually happening.
    3. There are in fact problems. Events are judged way too fast because Space is probably overwhelmed, as anyone would be if they have to do everything alone.

I think you are misinterpreting this thread for a way to throw shade on space. While that might be the intention of some people here, the real problem is how few mods actually exist to create and judge events. We have solid facts that events are not as awesome as they used to be. We have solid facts that Space is the only mod working on events. There are real problems with events and how little staff effort is put into them. We are using the tools created for us to call for a fix to these problems.

If those who are "trained to deal with it" (I assume you meant yourself as well as others, but cant be too sure) actually took the time to listen and TRY to 'deal with it' when the issue arises on the forums instead of whining that players dont follow proper protocol, it wouldnt blow up into such a huge problem.

If you are aware of the problem and have the means to deal with it, do just that. Stop berating players because they are sick and tired of people not doing their jobs.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited December 2018
    @MarieAra would agree that The List didn't lie, even though a lot of players didn't believe it. Also, the next event is gonna be about a town or something like that. If @galantis doesn't get credits for this, then the 2nd rumor is true ( not forgetting that he already did this for @JackFury and the Spud-bug event ). Besides, it is obvious that results are biased even if the staff is in a complete denial about this. As some stated, some builds are worthless and win anyway.. I won't come back to the raffle based events, which we know the way of being done :)

In the precious and rare moments we could talk together, Space told me he was busier with his new job, so it wouldn't surprise me if events are less numerous and worse looking than before. Plus, he doesn't seem to be active as a mod either. Therefore, I think Space should get replaced indeed.

Concerning all the devs decisions, it's fairly up to them to do so. However, and as everyone know, they made several bad ones and are getting themselves in a escapeless hole. The whole staff has to be reviewed, the forums as well. Maybe we could get some info about "Blue Wizard" and such societies we've been told about. As far as we know, they don't help as we were told. The "listenful" devs as let their players apart.

No answer on this thread would be a complete ignorance from their own, or a fear to answer us. Up to them to show the light, or starve in the dark.

scorto7 said:

1. The forums ARE a tool of the community to put their opinions out.
    2. Many peoples issues are with how events are done, not corruption in the system. Rumor means nothing when the complaint is about how things are actually happening.
    3. There are in fact problems. Events are judged way too fast because Space is probably overwhelmed, as anyone would be if they have to do everything alone.

I think you are misinterpreting this thread for a way to throw shade on space. While that might be the intention of some people here, the real problem is how few mods actually exist to create and judge events. We have solid facts that events are not as awesome as they used to be. We have solid facts that Space is the only mod working on events. There are real problems with events and how little staff effort is put into them. We are using the tools created for us to call for a fix to these problems.

If those who are "trained to deal with it" (I assume you meant yourself as well as others, but cant be too sure) actually took the time to listen and TRY to 'deal with it' when the issue arises on the forums instead of whining that players dont follow proper protocol, it wouldnt blow up into such a huge problem.

If you are aware of the problem and have the means to deal with it, do just that. Stop berating players because they are sick and tired of people not doing their jobs.
    1. The forum is a tool to interact with the community. I was not referring to the forum as the tool to use for these problems.
    2. corruption? i wasn't even talking about that in any way.
    3. I never disputed that there might be problems, but it is not up to you(the players) to solve the problems nor is the staff obligated to provide info regarding those problem.

With trained to deal with it i refer to the admins. There are several ways to contact them and not hard to figure out how to use those ways.
    My comment was a reaction on how many of you use this as yet again another public witch hunt even if this was not intended to be so, it has once again become a witch hunt.

Let me clear again.... report these things by directly contacting an administrator trough a private message here on the forum or if this did not work, send it trough support.
    So, mod problems(and yes, space_fetus is mod) you contact one(or all) admins. What you don't do is make another public display of someone else's problems which in the end adds to the problem and makes it that harder to deal with.
    edited December 2018
    One witch hunt per year keeps the corruption at a satisfactorily level.
    #ReplaceSpace
    Eagence said:

1) Some of us already reported and they are informed but no action is taken about issues yet and there had been more then enough time to consider these cases... This case can be simply solved by replacement of space in less then a min. #ReplaceSpace..

2) No one is starting a witch hunt, no one go into Space's realms and start burning down things, or hunting him down to tie him into a chair and drowning him in water. We just state our opinion. And if this would been a witch hunt then we would find a witch for sure... At the end we have one in town XD But this is a peaceful activity, no intension to harm anything, people just expressing their opinion... I don't think its again't rules or foruming unless we live in 1984.... Is this an attempt of censorship scorto? We do understand that he is your moderator pal but we need to talk these things too. It healty for Cubic Castles :) Without stating problem out loud we can't solve it...

3) This is a common problem for us, not just problem of one person or a small group of people. And what you currently do can be regarded as kinda "rude"... You kinda "slowing down communication" of people. They just state their issues with space and maybe with others mods... Don't worry I am sure that many people are regarding you as a good mod, but it maybe better to not interfare for healty discussions...

it is funny how you interpreted my comments as an attempt to silence the community/
    You said it yourself as you all share your opinion so am i sharing my dissatisfaction of this topic.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm one that has been keeping my peace over all this nonsense, but it's time to post my opinions on this ludicrous bullying that is going on against Space.

Bottom Line because this will be TL/DL, so I putting the bulk of my comments in a spoiler: Rather than looking for the next Mod to attack (which is all that will happen if Space is removed/leaves/etc), why can't ALL the 'unhappy' players just leave the game rather than sticking around whining, complaining and demoralizing the folks/mods that are trying their best to make this game better for everyone? #UnhappyPlayersJustLeaveCC

My full Opinion in the Spoiler as it's lengthy:

Background:

Mods are a volunteer position. Mods are a trusted position. Not everyone can be a mod. Most of you that whine so much wouldn't last a day from the pressure. Even those of you that are old enough age-wise clearly aren't mature enough to handle the job. If you were mature enough, trust me, you'd NOT want the job...it's not a pleasant job and is only made worse by all the whining, complaining, attacks, etc. #MoreModsButDon'tPickMe!!

Space is, IN ADDITION to being a Mod, also the Event Coordinator. As the event coordinator, it is my understanding he is in a paid position because they made it a staff position, not a volunteer position. So, he holds two positions in the game - one unpaid, one paid. Yes, he is one person doing this. If he got help from others, especially if he acknowledged them, players would all be screaming 'favoritism' like they already are for the build contests. For the most part, it is my understanding he has done a majority of the events alone, except when he had the community adventure where other players builds were used AND ACKNOWLEDGED.

My Opinion About Events and the Ongoing Bullying Against the Mods/Devs:

IMO, his events have been a welcome addition to the game and have been well run. If a game design flaw was noted in one event, it was usually fixed for the next event. I'm sure he could use more 'official' help, and that would be a smart thing for the Devs to do for him as it really isn't fair to have just one person having to do it all solo. #MoreHelpForEvents

Note, I have not won a single event this year...I don't care...I had fun doing the ones that I could do...and as I've often said, I stink at parkour so many of the parkours that the elitist parkour experts claim are so easy, I've typically not been able to get past the most basic of the stages...so they aren't that easy for everyone. I'm glad some players are so good at them...and therefore have a better chance of winning since less people will be on the bumper at the end...yet even better odds still doesn't shut folks up if they aren't picked. :eyeroll:

Trying to explain how the same people can win the random drawings for the prizes for the events (and it not being fixed/biased/improper) clearly shows most aren't mature enough to understand random number generators or odds based games. Should they maybe not allow the same person to win two weeks in a row...well, then players would be complaining that is wasn't fair for that person to not be included in the drawing. The Mods/Devs can't win with the negative people in this game.

Could some of the events be improved? Sure. Everything can be improved. Does that give rude, immature players free license to attack, bully, demoralize the Mods / Devs / Event Coordinator? NO! And that is all people are doing with this nonsense against Space.

If Space steps down from the position, then guess what...NO EVENTS - because no sane person would want to put up with this level of nonsense. All some players do is beat people down with their constant whining and complaining. Then they will be complaining again about how bored they are again with no events, which is why the position was created in the first place! Actually, many of the players were complaining about how bored they are when Space started doing fewer events, but he cut back on the events after people complained there were too many events. Nothing seems to make some players happy...except complaining and bullying.

Is everyone going to be happy with events? NO! Get over it. Move on. Change games if it's so hideously bad here. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME!! No one is forcing anyone to stay if everything is so rotten here!! Please do the rest of us all a HUGE favor and just leave.

The game environment has become so negative / ugly because of the whiners, complainers and bullies! Not because of the Mods / Devs...because no matter what they do, there is no pleasing some people (and frankly, I don't even know why they try to as they have no obligation to make the special snowflakes happy). If you can't be a positive change to the game...LEAVE! Vote with your wallet. Go somewhere else and play a different game and be the thorn in that game's side. If you can't say something nice (or at least constructive), then just don't say anything at all. If you feel that is censorship...again...you have options -- Move On...just leave!

Good thing I'm not a Mod / Dev...else all of the players that are constantly complaining (with nothing constructive to add)/bullying the Mods/Devs would be banned for life for being such a disruptive force in an otherwise good game. Those of us that enjoy this game are really tired of hearing the same people complain about everyone and everything. #BanTheBullies

[Edited to remove a majority of the "you's" and replace with more generic language for the whiny players in general.]
    edited December 2018
    Developers would go bankrupt if that happened. Also, some just can't screw their many thousands of hours spent in this game just because one moderator decided that it's better to do bad quality things for the same payment.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited December 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Developers would go bankrupt if that happened. Also, some just can't screw their many thousands of hours spent in this game just because one moderator decided that it's better to do bad quality things for the same payment.

Actually, they'd probably see an increase in revenue because a lot more people would come to a game that is pleasant rather than one where there is this much negativity caused by the players. A LOT of good people have left the game because they've been bullied and beaten down so much...you saying they had no investment in the game? You are implying the only people with an investment in the game or that support the game are the bullies and negative folks. I say those are the people driving the game into the ground and why so many people have quit. We both have differing opinions on this...
    I see no rule saying this thread cannot exist. It is an issue in our community and it's an issue that needs to be dealt with. I am sorry you don't have wide spam of friends, Scorto. I see it every day tho, this topic being discussed among friends and friends of friends.

I ain't gonna take my comments to Kewberth, I wanna discuss an issue which concerns the whole game with the whole game. I will never speak with support again after they told me they can't control mods and it's okay for players to tell me to kill myself and that isn't an issue I am done with support.

As for you, Beachy.

"Mods are a volunteer position. Mods are a trusted position. Not everyone can be a mod. Most of you that whine so much wouldn't last a day from the pressure. Even those of you that are old enough age-wise clearly aren't mature enough to handle the job. If you were mature enough, trust me, you'd NOT want the job...it's not a pleasant job and is only made worse by all the whining, complaining, attacks, etc. #MoreModsButDon'tPickMe!!"

We're speaking about an Event Manager, this has nothing to do with a mod rank.

"Space is, IN ADDITION to being a Mod, also the Event Coordinator. As the event coordinator, it is my understanding he is in a paid position because they made it a staff position, not a volunteer position. So, he holds two positions in the game - one unpaid, one paid. Yes, he is one person doing this. If he got help from others, especially if he acknowledged them, you'd all be screaming 'favoritism' like you already are for the build contests. For the most part, it is my understanding he has done a majority of the events alone, except when he had the community adventure where other players builds were used AND ACKNOWLEDGED. "

If people wanna complain about it being unfair then that's their problem. It is not unfair, it's called trust. They wouldn't trust someone random to build their event so why should Space trust strangers? It is logic, not favouritism. I agree that sure, maybe he should get paid, but if he's getting the help he should give credit and if he is rarely building and when he does build it looks like the Christmas Build he shouldn't be paid. His work isn't worthy of my money I use to support Cubic Castles. Quite frankly, if Space is getting paid I ain't buying Cubit again for a whole- I ain't supporting sloppy work by Space. Guess I gotta sell my rares, not buying 500k for tomorrow :D!

"IMO, his events have been a welcome addition to the game and have been well run. If a game design flaw was noted in one event, it was usually fixed for the next event. I'm sure he could use more 'official' help, and that would be a smart thing for the Devs to do for him as it really isn't fair to have just one person having to do it all solo. #MoreHelpForEvents"

His fails in events shouldn't of happened in the first place. Silly things like forgetting to put no-cars is silly. Its obvious players would abuse bugs and everything, even if you feel isn't need, should be taken to stop bugs- including no cars. Yes, we do need more builders, and if they build they should get paid right? I mean, what would Space do? I mean, his job would be the same, get paid to write forums threads while others build. Logic.

You write too much xD! I see why the spoilers were needed.

Good thing I'm not a Mod / Dev...else all of you players that are constantly complaining (with nothing constructive to add)/bullying the Mods/Devs would be banned for life for being such a disruptive force in an otherwise good game. Those of us that enjoy this game are really tired of hearing you complain about everyone and everything. #BanTheBullies

This triggered me so much. You cannot go banning the negative views of a game, that is stupid. You cannot expect to never receive negative comments. This is something which obviously needs to change. All I personally want is:

Space to give credit to those he builds with
    To put more time and effort into his builds
    Show us the live prize picking
    And get all mods to pick the winners of contests

IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR?
    edited December 2018
    b3achy said:

lucaaa795 said:

Actually, they'd probably see an increase in revenue because a lot more people would come to a game that is pleasant rather than one where there is this much negativity caused by the players. A LOT of good people have left the game because they've been bullied and beaten down so much...you saying they had no investment in the game? You are implying the only people with an investment in the game or that support the game are the bullies and negative folks. I say those are the people driving the game into the ground and why so many people have quit. We both have differing opinions on this...
    With all due respect...
    Too few actually check the forums. The forums are the place where every turmoil is discussed. If it doesn't make it to the forums, then it's not worth anyone's time and attention for more than a couple of hours/days at most.
    I have never said that the normal people don't invest money in this game. But as far as I'm concerned, most of the players that feed our lovely developers on a monthly-ish basis hundreds and hundreds of dollars are usually active on forums as well. Without them, the game would be on the edge of the cliff, hanging on a very thin rope.
    I have no doubt that bullying and beating affected a lot of soft people and that it made them quit. But if you want to succeed at life, you must escape your bubble of perfection and pinkness and take the world as it is. I have never met a player that was hated by everyone. Each one and single of us has his own haters and friends. You cant be hated by everyone, at least not in this game.
    If being vocally and expressing your thoughts on the actual degradation of the society/community you spend your time in counts as "driving the game into the ground", then we all should be supressed and daring to use freedom of speech should count as worst offense possible. Permanent ban to all the traitors that decided to speak their mind otherwise than the system wants to.
    Now, let's move back to our hot topic, #ReplaceSpace.
    Kewbin said:

:)

Thank you, you made me laugh xD! I needed that laugh
    Kewbin said:

:)

Cheers. That is actually not fantasy, but a possible outcome if everyone that is unhappy about CC leaves. lol