every time i change something in the files cc downloads new content again

so i started changing the "Bad Words" and "Bad Whole Words" files to have nothing censored so i can prove everything
but every time i change them when u launch cc it downloads new content which resets the files

Comments

• lucaaa795 said:

Maybe the game finds the files as corrupted or cant find them at all thus resulting in downloading new (aka the missing) content

That's what I thought so too,
    removing files = downloading new content
    adding new files = heh okay
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Its pretty logically actually, most games just detects if something is missing, not if something is added.... so since you delete something it just adds it back

Maybe try to change every word in the list to something like ajdbjdub
  • Its pretty logically actually, most games just detects if something is missing, not if something is added.... so since you delete something it just adds it back

Maybe try to change every word in the list to something like ajdbjdub

That is what im doing
    Im just deleting the words and randomly spamming my keyboard

This has never happened before
    I had them like that for over a month nearly
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It should work I've done this before it's just and ordinary text file but any other file will reset.
  • Used to, if you did this, it actually wouldn't 'Download new Content." You'd see the curse word if you typed it, but no one else would. And as soon as you said anything, you'd crash. Whether it was a curse word or not.

... There still exists a bug that allows you to say almost all curse words and have them be uncensored, but you're not going to get that one out of me. And most people left in this game no longer know of it. It's an old-school bug.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.