We need clear rules

What is considered as necroposting, mini modding , or everything else ? That's a dumb side of the rules, : "don't necropost", but WHAT IS CONSIDERED AS NECRO POST

Comments

• In my opinion, we are all doing mini-modding by saying what people should do, or buy, or anything else. Yes "move this to this category", "don't multipost*"... are mini-modding yeah but that's difficult to discern if that's mini-modding or not...

*Sorry mods but for me, saying to be careful because a guy just posted twice, this is not mn-modding for me, this is just help. Helping not to get warned. So yeah...
  • Honestly, I think the rules on mini-modding are too harsh. There is a clear difference between giving a friendly reminder, and copying the mods saying "Read the forum rules. Don't necropost. Lock this up.' And I don't understand why a friendly reminder gets the 'don't mini-mod' or 'leave moderation to the forum staff' warning. That should only be when they're clearly trying to acting like a mod, imo.
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited September 2017
    Kirodashi said:

Honestly, I think the rules on mini-modding are too harsh. There is a clear difference between giving a friendly reminder, and copying the mods saying "Read the forum rules. Don't necropost. Lock this up.' And I don't understand why a friendly reminder gets the 'don't mini-mod' or 'leave moderation to the forum staff' warning. That should only be when they're clearly trying to acting like a mod, imo.

I agree, if the person who made a mistake doesn't get reminded to not do something they'll just keep doing it until they find themselves in trouble. Helping other players along their way with a friendly reminder shouldn't be considered as mini modding.
  • I can say I get scared to correct or be of a aid on posts because I live in the fear of being slapped for "mini-modding". I just want to be a helpful qbee and long as I am not being forceful, abrupt, and it is just a helping hand why is it a problem. :O:!
  • Valley said:

Kirodashi said:

Honestly, I think the rules on mini-modding are too harsh. There is a clear difference between giving a friendly reminder, and copying the mods saying "Read the forum rules. Don't necropost. Lock this up.' And I don't understand why a friendly reminder gets the 'don't mini-mod' or 'leave moderation to the forum staff' warning. That should only be when they're clearly trying to acting like a mod, imo.

I agree, if the person who made a mistake doesn't get reminded to not do something they'll just keep doing it until they find themselves in trouble. Helping other players along their way with a friendly reminder shouldn't be considered as mini modding.
    I think they made that rule cause there were lots people who only comment "Don't multipost", "Don't necropost" etc in a discussion, and it led to karma farming or spam.
    And also in the previous forums they stated that "short messages are considered as spam" for example :
    *In G's discussion*
    A : Hello
    A : I like your idea
    G : Thanks
    A : :)
    G : :D
    -- So I think this one below can be considerered as spam --

B : Don't multipost !
    -- And also it can lead to conflict / drama / arguments or more spam --

A : What is multipost?
    A : Can anyone explain?
  • PiousPious Member
    edited September 2017
    No one with a bit of intelligence actually Karma farms, and whatever mod thinks so is downright an idiot (in my opinion). Sure, if someone went actually spamming in a discussion, call it whatever you want. You call it Karma farming? I call it spamming— and one message thought to be irrelevant isn't Karma farming nor spamming. I need to say that because some mods themselves don't know what Karma farming (or spamming) is themselves.

I don't know about you, but if I made a slip up that I was able to easily correct, and save myself from warning, I wish I had someone to point me in the right direction. Being a good person isn't mini-modding. And not all of the mods are good people. That's my opinion. Bite me.

You may or may not know what website I am referencing, but there exists a site that requires you read their terms of service thoroughly before accessing their content. Within the terms, there is one word it tells you to click, and if you found it, you obviously read through to find it. And by doing so, your account is then active.
    However, if you went and clicked "I agree," without actually reading through and finding the word, your account is then penialized, and you are not allowed to access certain features. That is the concept that this forums needs to adopt in my opinion. You would no longer have complete morons roaming the forums.

And how about we just be prevented from creating consecutive posts without authorization? Bam. Problem solved. No more spamming.

The forums need work, and the mods need understanding. We're just people being people. Expressing ourselves on a forum where we can be heard. About a game we all love.

Regards.
  • Pious said:

No one with a bit of intelligence actually Karma farms, and whatever mod thinks so is downright an idiot (in my opinion).

That's my opinion. Bite

You would no longer have complete morons roaming the forums.

Pious, why are you so angry? I have seen you in game, and you always seem to be angry there as well. This is only a GAME; it's not a life or death situation. The forum is meant to educate other players and allow them to make suggestions. Since we didn't create the forum, we have no control over it and simply have to abide by the rules. I am at a medium warning level, and I honestly don't understand why, but I am not angry about it. What is the point of being angry about something I have no control over? Some of your suggestions are quite good, but they would have more impact if you expressed them in a way that seemed helpful, rather than in a way that looks down on others as not being as smart as you. Perhaps you should develope your own game where you can make the rules exactly as you would like them to be. You are doing yourself a disservice by always being angry. In the future that kind of self-created stress will cause you to have health problems. Simmer down, friend, and just try to enjoy the game.
  • PiousPious Member
    edited September 2017
    Shaanti said:

Pious said:

No one with a bit of intelligence actually Karma farms, and whatever mod thinks so is downright an idiot (in my opinion).

That's my opinion. Bite

You would no longer have complete morons roaming the forums.

Pious, why are you so angry? I have seen you in game, and you always seem to be angry there as well. This is only a GAME; it's not a life or death situation. The forum is meant to educate other players and allow them to make suggestions. Since we didn't create the forum, we have no control over it and simply have to abide by the rules. I am at a medium warning level, and I honestly don't understand why, but I am not angry about it. What is the point of being angry about something I have no control over? Some of your suggestions are quite good, but they would have more impact if you expressed them in a way that seemed helpful, rather than in a way that looks down on others as not being as smart as you. Perhaps you should develope your own game where you can make the rules exactly as you would like them to be. You are doing yourself a disservice by always being angry. In the future that kind of self-created stress will cause you to have health problems. Simmer down, friend, and just try to enjoy the game.
    Tis' like you didn't even read the last sentence.

And try and stay on topic (not that I'm mini-modding).
  • Pious said:

No one with a bit of intelligence actually Karma farms, and whatever mod thinks so is downright an idiot (in my opinion). Sure, if someone went actually spamming in a discussion, call it whatever you want. You call it Karma farming? I call it spamming— and one message thought to be irrelevant isn't Karma farming nor spamming. I need to say that because some mods themselves don't know what Karma farming (or spamming) is themselves.

I don't know about you, but if I made a slip up that I was able to easily correct, and save myself from warning, I wish I had someone to point me in the right direction. Being a good person isn't mini-modding. And not all of the mods are good people. That's my opinion. Bite me.

You may or may not know what website I am referencing, but there exists a site that requires you read their terms of service thoroughly before accessing their content. Within the terms, there is one word it tells you to click, and if you found it, you obviously read through to find it. And by doing so, your account is then active.
    However, if you went and clicked "I agree," without actually reading through and finding the word, your account is then penialized, and you are not allowed to access certain features. That is the concept that this forums needs to adopt in my opinion. You would no longer have complete morons roaming the forums.

And how about we just be prevented from creating consecutive posts without authorization? Bam. Problem solved. No more spamming.

The forums need work, and the mods need understanding. We're just people being people. Expressing ourselves on a forum where we can be heard. About a game we all love.

Regards.

I think it's common knowledge that most people do not read the entire terms of service. some quickread them a bit, but no normal person just reads them.
    So then almost no one would be on the forums.

also you can get rid of your warnings by not breaking the rules and asking a mod to fix it.
    I had mild at first, but I got rid of it by sending a horus a pm.