Have you found Ray?

The other day I jumped into a forest mine and instead of seeing a banner that said "forest mine", the banner simply said "Ray". Whenever anyone entered, the system message would say "[player name] has entered Ray." I thought this was pretty funny. I am guessing it is some kind of inside joke among the developers. By the way, this was not a player realm with a stamp on it. This was one of the actual forest mines. I may need to explore all the mines in all the worlds to see if there are more things like this. If you're interested in looking for it, i think it was on Spyre.

Comments

• really? i should find it , it was funny
  • Ol' Ray Bae is a beautiful mine. His glistening water and perfect colored grass, makes me wonder if he is a literal CC heaven, or perhaps a safe haven for all Qbees to feel at home and welcome to Cubic Castles. Ol' Ray Bae is literally the definition of perfect. He was invented in 2015, and has remained ever since. He also has a brother, who is also named Ray, but he is a forest mine. Weird that they're both named Ray, but the parents (developers) must've known they were both equally special, so to be even more amazing, they received the same name, but had distinct looks from birth. <3

I want to say I was one of the first to ever notice Ol' Ray Bae as a tropical mine, but the Qbee world may never know... (prolly not me) xD

• The mine Ray has been around cc for ages, it's probably just a bug that the developers haven't come around to fix
  • Valley said:

The mine Ray has been around cc for ages, it's probably just a bug that the developers haven't come around to fix

I just started a couple months ago. Some one you seem to think that others should immediately know everything. I don't think it's a bug. As Liberated explained above, it seems to be deliberate -- especially if there are two. I will have to look for the Tropical one now.
  • I didn't mean to sound like that, I just wanted to explain it in my pov, it could be deliberate...
  • Valley said:

I didn't mean to sound like that, I just wanted to explain it in my pov, it could be deliberate...

Ok I get it. Thanks
  • One of them is my neighbour in Tinkerworld :o
    I guess it is a bug, in the time those mines changed into "Ray" the overworld was weird, I saw lots realm with launchpad stamps.. so LaunchPad everywhere, but you would crash if you entered it and clicked your destination.
    And all of those launchpads were removed but the "Ray"s weren't and as you can see, you can find it in Tropical mine in Eden, Forest mine in Tinkerworld and maybe there are more in other world.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Thread cleaned. Not sure how that happened as no one was directly attacked.
    But some took it that way regardless.

Anyway it is an old bug. Can be found by using the forum search.

I believe there was time when realm papers first were added that players could rename mines. Not 100% sure but i think this is how it originally happened.

Closing

This discussion has been closed.