Adventure realm design brainstorming

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
If you make adventure realms what kinds of blocks features (aside from npcs) would let you make better more interesting adventures? Share your ideas here. Keep in mind they have to be ideas that work in the context of Cubic Castles. For instance you couldn't easily have a puzzle where you push a stone on a pressure switch in the floor, since it would then not be much of a puzzle for the next person along. (though maybe some reset mechanism is possible for things like that). Anyway.. share your ideas.

Comments

• Blocks that disappear and reappear after a certain time cycle would be nice
  • Cubic'dCubic'd Member
    edited March 2017
    an item trader
    either an npc or block
    (trade x items for y items)

example
    (15 gold for 50 wood trunks)

would be cool if like some sort of objective/quest system is added

example of objectives/quests

(Trade 10 wood trunks to the npc)

---------------------

edit:

activatable stuff would be nice

maybe some sort of button thats linked up to a trapped floor - whenever a player pushes that button - the floor would collapse

items that should take to make this trap:

visible/invisible wires
    a button
    falling blocks

---------------------

gravity foam

(its basically te same thing as that giant weirdly looking non-hollow donut block that takes about 3 seconds to disappear but istead, this block does not wait a single second before falling!)

usage:

click on block to make it a block that gets affected by gravity whenever a player touches it

blocks that already fell would make other gravity blocks that are touching that falling block fall

takes about 20 seconds for the gravity blocks to magically teleport back up to their original place

OR

make it fall and never come back up

also make gravity foamed blocks stand out a bit by giving it some tiny particles? lol

--------------

zombie in a box

its basically a qbee with a zombie mask, green skin and some random colored clothing

with its own unique AI

oh btw can you add some sort of statistics pls

i just want to see how many cubits ive collect/blocks mined lol
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited March 2017
    A foam that makes blocks invisible, but they're still there? This could make invisible mazes or other sorts of puzzles.

An electric wall that goes off and on. For example:

Electricity will flow between 2 bar/poles and go off and on, so you have to tijme it right to go through them.

Hope these were the ideas you were looking for!
  • RYBIERYBIE Member
    autoqbee machine that u can use any hats/clothes u want and they can move automatically! :D
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited March 2017
    COPY AND PASTED FROM MY OLD THREAD

Okay so anyone who knows me will know that pretty much all i live for is building and even more specifically building adventure maps! Time and time again i find myself saying i wish i could do this...
    so i thought i would do something about it and suggest some ideas so @SirKewberth listen in :)

Race bumpers: Now im not quite sure if they can already do this (if so sorry) but it would be cool if the start and finish line could be placed in separate rooms. This would allow people to create speed runs for their adventure map which would be a pretty cool competition event.

Objective bumpers When hit this bumper would display the current objectives in the room you are in (these are written in by the owner of the bumper)when reaching the objective location there would be a secondary bumper (much like the checkpoint block) this would tick off the objective for you. Multiple blocks could be synced up with this to create multiple objectives in the rooms

objective doors These doors would be much like password sentries except the only way through the door would be to complete all objectives in the room (this would reduce cheating as people could no longer give other players the passwords for doors.

adventure book similar to warp crunches when the player hits the block an adventure book is created exclusive to that realm. Any notes the player has through the game can be written into this adventure book, also when hitting an objective bumper the objectives of the current room would be added.

adventure sign this block is used with the adventure book and would work as a sign displaying information, but would have an option to 'save to adventure book' which would add the info to your book. These signs could come in a variety of colours for different themes (for example.. to differentiate from side quests and main quests)

updated mannequins i suggest the option to 'speak to NPC' this turns mannequins into NPC'S and gives you information much like a sign would. (now we no longer have to put speech signs next to mannequins)

locked doors currently we have the bumpers that allow you to hit and unlock a door (forgive me if this already works) i suggest the bumpers having multiple options so you can set the time limit before the door will close again (10 seconds,30 seconds,1 minute, etc) also the ability to sync the lock block to a specific door, this allows for multiple locked doors in a room each with their own lock block.

levers could be used for multiple uses one possible use is setting up multiple levers in a room, so that the player must pull all of them for the door to open.

lever doors as explained above this is a stamp like the sentry stamps to be added to a door

pressure pads to encourage the social aspect of the game, these could be used to open up multiplayer only areas of the game for example: a door that only opens when two people both stand on the pressure pads. This gives the players rewards for playing with friends by opening up bonus multiplayer areas.

checkpoint warps this requires two blocks, the first block is placed at the start of the adventure map and the second at your 'checkpoint location' When the player hits the block at the checkpoint location this creates a warp feature between the block at the start and the checkpoint location allowing the player to leave the realm and when coming back, teleport to the last checkpoint. This would stop people from using warp crunches as checkpoints, which can be given to other players allowing them to skip parts of the game without playing them.

tripwires when a player walks through a trip wire this sets off a trap within a few blocks radius, this can be used with traps such as fire traps. Rather than have a fire trap that goes of every few seconds it would be cool to use hidden fire traps that only go off when accidentally activated by an unaware qbee!

bomb trap to be used with the trip wire, drops a bomb on a poor qbee!

hidden spikes like mecho spikes but cannot be seen until trip wire is activated

adventure loot new weapons such as swords,bows as well as various armours to be added, these can be discovered within adventure maps to help the player progress

potions gives qbees bonus abilities for a few seconds for example fire resistant! these can only be used in the adventure map they were found in and would allow the player to get to new areas for example using the fire resistant potion to wade through lava!

adventure currency this is a currency obtained through an adventure map distributed through prize machines and can be used to purchase items in the adventure map. for example a player could set up a shop mid way through an adventure map that sells the players potions,armour etc.

moving wall block this block has two uses, the block periodically moves in and out of the wall, this could be used to create timed staircases that retract if you are not quick enough to climb or to push poor qbees to their doom if they do not pass the block at the right time!

moving platforms this platform would move forwards and backwards or left and right, up to a certain distance.

fightable mobs who doesn't want to be able to fight enemys on the adventure maps, this would add way more options and an interesting dimension to the maps

boss mobs to create those much needed boss rooms!!

multiplayer anything that requires 2 qbees to do, there are a few mechanics that can be utilised in them game atm but i would love to create a 2 player adventure map

strictly not just adventure map ideas
    ceiling doors doors that can go on the ceiling or floor instead of the current wall versions
    view distance toggle allows the player to choose from default view distance all the way up to maximum view distance depending on the power of the device. i really want to be able to see as far as possible for amazing views!!
    halves,columns,stairs i love the blocks we have but sometimes i wish we had half's,columns and stairs in all the available blocks, hey even ladders! more diverse building means greater adventure maps!

im sure there are loads more great ideas for this sort of thing, but i hope with ideas like this that more and more people might become interested in playing adventure maps and visiting realms!
  • Electricity c:
  • Moving platform/blocks (Ik someone suggested it be4)

Teleportation Block (bump) - teleported u to certain place

Gravity Block (bump) - You'll float (ignores gravity) for X seconds
    Can't jump as the effect is still there
  • Door that go through the floor. Like it is lying on the floor like this ____ instead of this l. it would be great for adventures that include falling in to a cave or something
    A space realm skin for space adventures
    Jump scares
    More scary blocks or deco
    Invisible blocks
    A trading system where you need to collect e.g wood from a person ( mannequin ) and give it to someone else so they can let you through a door to continue the adventure

• *Ram**Ram* Member
    Hidden Traps

Trap block - Block that camoflages into a block that is adjacent, activate one trap what trapper planned

Explosive Qbee Trap - when you step on the trap block, it will explode dealing 4 full heart damage

Wooden Ram Trap - when you step on trap block, wooden ram will appears swings toward the trap activator, it deals 2 full heart damage with knockback ( use to drop qbee out of the realm )

Slowness Trap - when you step on trap block, activator will be slowed

Slime Spawn Trap - when you step on trap block, slimes would appear near you

Spudbug Spawn Trap - when you step on trap block, spudbugs spawn near you

Turrets

Arcane Turret - deals harm damage when qbee is in its range

Knockback Turret - deals knockback when qbee is in range
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited March 2017
    A key like thing, which you collect from a dispenser after completing whatever tasks. The key can be used in a door, maybe the door will have a special sentry (key sentry). The door would then open for the qbee who entered the key in the door, and the key would disappear.

OR MAYBE the key will be untradable, and unusable by anyone other than the one who receives it. And having the key would let you go through.

A locked dispenser , which is a typical dispenser but locked. It can be opened by stamping on a dispenser lock block or something. Much like the locked portcullis door stamp, but for a dispenser. Would be beneficial in giving passwords, or keys, or prizes in parkours, with two paths, one for bumper one for dispenser.

A block breaker Bumper, which, when bumped, breaks all the blocks in an area determined by maybe something like foundation blocks. This can be used to create "moving walls" or creating new paths and areas previously hidden to the player. The area broken would respawn after x amount of time.

(Vertical cannon or) falling objects which fall frequently, damaging qbees below. Basically like cannons, except they fall from above. Would be cool in cave like adventure realms and stuff.

Fueled jetpacks which allow you to fly and reach a higher place, until fuel runs out. Jetpacks could be over a block, which can be collected from there, used until fuel runs out, then despawns and respawns in that block again.

Raft or ships which float on water and can be steered, which will allow for sailing, which would add to the adventure.

Mini games, like fishing maybe. Upon completion of mini game, door opens.

Also would like some craftable sculptys, like maybe plaster sculptys. Also, instead of having to use bombs to retrieve placed sculptys, you could make a cheap sculpty retrieving tool which costs less than bombs, which would get used up when used on a sculpty. For a more builder friendly experience XD
  • Tomk2005Tomk2005 Member
    edited March 2017
    Some ideas:

-Punch blocks, in a certian time, they punch you with a glove, moving you to a other square
    Example: make a 8x1 plataform, than, put some punch blocks in the wall, to throw you away of the plataform.

-Bumper(I dont know a good name for this) Its a block that opens a door (Not like the door stamp with the lock) because it doesnt have a timer to close it again, and you can put more than one. It justs works with wands)
    Example: You need to shoot in the eyes of a monster for going unlocking a door.

-Qbee Cannons: To go to through a hole, just jump in the qbee cannon! It will shoot the qbee in a position that you set, in the cannon. The 2nd idea, the "bumper" works for locking this too.

-Vaccum Machine (Again, I dont know a good name for this) This block works like the wind machine, but it pulls the qbee.
    Example: Make a circle of stone, put lava in the middle, and place a vaccum machine (in the middle),
    it will start pulling the qbee to the lava
  • @SirKewberth

Blocks that work opposite of clouds. Maybe a slam varient (slam to go down) and a fall varient (fall through) but unable to go up through them.

Trigger blocks - I don't mean like just the adventure mode trigger blocks, I mean different blocks that could trigger different things when something happens to them. For example, a bumper that when bumped, would make all clouds in the realm disappear (like dropped blocks - gone) till bumped again.

Moving blocks - much requested, I don't think I need to lay out all their uses.

Blocks that interact with entities (spud bugs, ghosts, cars, slymes, etc)
  • *SnowyOwl**SnowyOwl* Member
    edited March 2017
    More house building blocks would be handy for making mini villages in adventures. Roof blocks too.
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    I'd love to see a text block where you can pick from a selection of texts chosen by you (to prevent inappropriate messages >_>) to be displayed onto the screen. Like the quest complete or level up popup.

This next idea I have might be too complex. >_<
    A block that basically acts as a second inventory for players. Basically how in adventure mode you have another inventory that is separate from your mutliplayer inventory. This suggestion goes along with the next few suggestions. (which is probably already stated above)

Trigger Give Block - Gives the user who steps on this X amount of blocks specified by the user. However the trigger give block has a storage like a chest, you need to keep the "chest" in stock in order for it to give people the item(s). It takes the form of the nearby block like ores.

Trigger Require Block - Place this next to some invisible wall blocks, If the user has X amount of items and the user using an "adventure" inventory. It may take the items if specified from the user's inventory. Or it'll leave them.

Trigger Require Sentry - Basically the above however this can be applied on doors, chests, etc. It won't allow the user to go into the door unless they have the met the requirements.

Invisible Wall Block - These blocks can only be seen with a special hat (or something...) and you need to have build perms. You can't highlight these blocks if you don't have build perms and the hat. Basically you can't go through these blocks and they're invisible. However if a Trigger Require Block is touching the block any connecting blocks will be gone if the Trigger Require Block's criteria is met.
  • Maybe some side quests
  • I'd wish you were able to actually fight the mobs insted of just jump around them would make it much more rewarding
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited March 2017
    Edit: -removed first suggestion because I read it wrong- thought it was for adventure mode lol-

Blocks that can be broken with wands :). The first time you hit the block, the block stays the same. The second time you hit it, it cracks. The third time you will have successfully destroyed it. Great to get past certain parts of the adventure.

Blocks that drips. Each drop harms your Qbee. :P Eg. The blocks placed in ceilings or roofs can drip onto your Qbee as you walk through.
  • BRICKS MORE BRICKS!!!
    #BricksRUs
  • edited March 2017
    I just got this idea:Maybe a Block when you walk over it you will automaticly run,maybe for parkour parts in a adventure realm with jumps you cant get with a normal walking qbee.Sorry if this idea is already said. :)
    EDIT:Another idea:the same like torches in cubic castles but you can hold them in your hand.Would be cool for dark parts in adventure realms.
  • HUWATHUWAT Member
    edited March 2017
    Movable Blocks: that can be pulled and push all around, if theyre on ice, theyll slide all the way to the end and u cant stop them until they stop

Pressure Plates: (Function like in minecraft) where u can push a movable block onto it, and itll trigger something to happen, like a door, or spikes wall :-0

Spikes Wall: spikes blocks, but now they can be put on a vertical surface like a wall, the wall can be triggered to move and will move slowly towards the opposite wall, crushing and killing the qbee >:o

Edit: For Movable blocks, u are able to set how many qbees are needed to push it, great for teamwork-based puzzles :D