Community Mod (Mods and admins only)

We should have our own mod for everyone mods like Gdog, Horus ,cortana Sid or sirkewberth like who supports you in need.

Comments

• MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited February 2017
    But... Mod's support the community as a whole already. o.o

Having your own personal mod? That sounds like servant-level. :O
    Mod's aren't paid already, that could be considered slave-labor. XD
  • But you mustn't of understood what I mean what I was trying to say was if you need help you can go to a mod or admin and say I need help example as Gdog is supporting 10 players or Horus might support 5 players if their in need of help.

And if you need to talk to someone if their is a problem you can go to your own community mod or admin.
  • There isn't a huge need to have personal mods, I mean, they're great company, but they can't do much for you when you want to report a scammer to them every 5 seconds or ask questions by the dozens. I have a feeling that is why most of the mods hide away with their small friend lists inside locked rooms.
    Honestly the report button is all you really need. Also, you can always just PM a moderator here on the forums, if you have a SERIOUS issue that cannot be solved by using the report button. :P
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    Ok, now I'm understanding it a bit more.
    However, there are ways that I could still see it going wrong. for instance, "the masses".

I know mods have cleared their friend lists manyatimes in the past due to heavy tp'ing.
    First it's just one friend, and then a friend of their friends, and then friends of friends of their friends until finally it's this horde of Qbee's running amuck. Some maybe trying to get a legit problem solved, some begging for those among to report *soandso* because they were scammed, and then there's some who want to add just because it's a staff members and they want a higher-up player to add them.

Mod's do already teleport to the players who either sent a report or were reported to understand more of the situation or possible crime.

You have to remember though, mods are still players too. They enjoy every bit of buying, building and selling as much any regular player would. The job can be stressful at times so that's why they (like anyone else would) lock themselves in a private room or w/e to do such building, or cloak to go on buying/selling just like regular players.

But you also don't have to have a blue name to help another:
    Sometimes problems don't always require a mod's assistance, which is why it's always nice to be on the look out for players in possible need. Even if they don't listen though, at least you can say you tried to help.

Idk, maybe I'm over thinking it, but that's what I have seen in the past and that would be enough to stress anyone out really (even me).
  • on emod for each Player isn't possible at all...
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    no pls no, mods are already spending a hugh ton of time helping all of us, if you make it so like you want they have even more work (you think about splitting the peeps under mods, but trust me. it wont help). also they do this just for free, and so they may also choose wether they help or not, and i respect that, theyhave a life too.....

its nice that you think with the mods, but trust me: what you think about has a high chance that it makes it only worse....
  • edited February 2017

Ok, now I'm understanding it a bit more.
    However, there are ways that I could still see it going wrong. for instance, "the masses".

I know mods have cleared their friend lists manyatimes in the past due to heavy tp'ing.
    First it's just one friend, and then a friend of their friends, and then friends of friends of their friends until finally it's this horde of Qbee's running amuck. Some maybe trying to get a legit problem solved, some begging for those among to report *soandso* because they were scammed, and then there's some who want to add just because it's a staff members and they want a higher-up player to add them.

Mod's do already teleport to the players who either sent a report or were reported to understand more of the situation or possible crime.

You have to remember though, mods are still players too. They enjoy every bit of buying, building and selling as much any regular player would. The job can be stressful at times so that's why they (like anyone else would) lock themselves in a private room or w/e to do such building, or cloak to go on buying/selling just like regular players.

But you also don't have to have a blue name to help another:
    Sometimes problems don't always require a mod's assistance, which is why it's always nice to be on the look out for players in possible need. Even if they don't listen though, at least you can say you tried to help.

Idk, maybe I'm over thinking it, but that's what I have seen in the past and that would be enough to stress anyone out really (even me).

I tried to pronounce *soandso* like sand with an o in between the a and the s, until I read it over.

But you mustn't of understood what I mean what I was trying to say was if you need help you can go to a mod or admin and say I need help example as Gdog is supporting 10 players or Horus might support 5 players if their in need of help.

And if you need to talk to someone if their is a problem you can go to your own community mod or admin.

Not to shoot you down, but this is a horrible idea. We already have multiple methods of reporting and trustworthy and able moderators, so why would we need thousands more moderators, which will be impossible to recruit, because in that thousand+ you will end up finding tons of two faced people who want moderator just to cause chaos. Then if a big enough group of moderators started scamming, what could the NORMAL players do to stop them?
  • *RIING!* *Click* "Thank you for using the Cubic Castles Hotline. All Moderators are currently busy. Please, stay on the line. There are 15 other Players ahead of you. Your call will be answered in the order it was received."

XD
  • *RIING!* *Click* "Thank you for using the Cubic Castles Hotline. All Moderators are currently busy. Please, stay on the line. There are 15 other Players ahead of you. Your call will be answered in the order it was received."

XD

115 players* *cough cough* xD
  • That's what I'm trying to say because if you need help you should get it and yes mods do get payed because for all of the good work that they do they remind me of the cubic castles police.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

That's what I'm trying to say because if you need help you should get it and yes mods do get payed because for all of the good work that they do they remind me of the cubic castles police.

We do not get paid.
  • -AK--AK- Member
    well aren't mods supposed to be volunteers?
    then why you would even think that they get paid?
  • If there are bigger mods supporting existing mods, who will support the bigger ones ? =p
  • We should have our own mod for everyone mods like Gdog, Horus ,cortana Sid or sirkewberth like who supports you in need.

I see what you are saying, but I don't see how that could work, especially with the number of players there are

also: "mods like Gdog, Horus ,cortana Sid or sirkewberth"
    SirKew is an admin/devimage
  • edited March 2017
    gdog said:

We do not get paid.

Hokay, i'll admit this idea is HORRIBLE!

Moderators don't need to get paid since they are only volunteers chosen by (According to Horus) Administrators. Apparently, Administrators always keep a list of people who might be good for the job. And if you ask to become one, you totally ruin your chances.

Moderators are already busy enough trying to solve problems, but adding personal Mods wouldn't help at all. Heck, Your idea of personal moderators would mean about 137,000,000 people would have to become moderators! And thats a lot, don' cha think?

Anyway, i'd say about only 20,000 out of all of the people that play Cubic Castles are nice. And who knows? What if one of the personal moderators is actually a SCAMMER? Think, what would happen then?

Not to rain on your parade, but this idea is going to cwuse alot of drama. I'm just sayin'...!

~60SM~

• Lil Natey said:

gdog said:

We do not get paid.

Moderators don't need to get paid since they are only volunteers chosen by (According to Horus) Administrators. Apparently, Administrators always keep a list of people who might be good for the job. And if you ask to become one, you totally ruin your chances.

Moderators are already busy enough trying to solve problems, but adding personal Mods wouldn't help at all. Heck, Your idea of personal moderators would mean about 137,000,000 people would have to become moderators! And thats a lot, don' cha think?

Anyway, i'd say about only 20,000 out of all of the people that play Cubic Castles are nice. And who knows? What if one of the personal moderators is actually a SCAMMER? Think, what would happen then?

Not to rain on your parade, but this idea is going to cwuse alot of drama. I'm just sayin'...!

~60SM~

necro poster <_<</p>
    Crap o-o
  • The most recent post was March 2nd? How is that multiposting?
  • It's necroposting, two completely different things.
  • Lil Natey said:

gdog said:

We do not get paid.

~60SM~

necro poster <_<</p>
    Crap o-o
    That's Okay you did prove a point.
  • But what I'm saying is if their is a problem on the game one mod might say one thing and one mod might say another thing so this is why I just suggested it because I thought it might be helpful to the game, but some mods or admins do not talk to you you when your trying to tell them something and I think that's quit rude and one mod banned me from the oriental resiandce because in their apinon I was getting on the Nerves but that still does not mean to ban me.
  • edited April 2017
    I wonder who that mod was......... *cough*
    Mods are people too they choose to do or say what they want to say or do. Heh.. they probably confused you a lot didn't they o.o
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

But what I'm saying is if their is a problem on the game one mod might say one thing and one mod might say another thing so this is why I just suggested it because I thought it might be helpful to the game, but some mods or admins do not talk to you you when your trying to tell them something and I think that's quit rude and one mod banned me from the oriental resiandce because in their apinon I was getting on the Nerves but that still does not mean to ban me.

They ignore you because as mods they get very much questions and sometimes they just want some time for themselfs

Also if you got banned you probably where being too repulsive
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    I think it's time to clarify something since you go straight forward with false claims addressed to people for doing what they're supposed to be doing in their personal space. Moderators have the full right to ban anyone from their realm, just like any other player, and we are players in the first place too. Realm is a personal space, owners can do whatever they please there. If they want to ban people that make them feel uncomfortable in any way, they're free to do that. You did get responses when you had questions, so please quit making us look like some jerks since you didn't even mention the fact you got banned after multiple days of you coming to our realms and spamming "come to my realm". There's a difference between asking for help and asking to go to your realm.

Also I'm going to lock this as I don't see the need in this topic to continue and it starts to go off-topic.
This discussion has been closed.