A Love Letter To Potatoes

edited February 2017 in Off-Topic
potato

Not long ago the user Quackers posted a potato related video and it was strangely eye opening. In life there are things we grow accustom to, things that are deeply rooted in our life to the point where we are no longer appreciative or give second thought. Things that are such a starch staple it is hard to imagine life without them. That is why it is important to stop and ask yourself sometimes what does something mean to you. I felt the need to ask myself what do potatoes mean to me and I feel like a better person now that I have found the answer. It feels as if I was buried in the dirt my whole life and I been dug up to breathe in the fresh air and feel the sun on my skin. No longer will I be ungrateful for potatoes and now I will share my wisdom in hopes to make you appreciate potatoes as I do. Potatoes for a large majority of us are an integral staple of our diets, for me I know that the number one vegetable I eat the most by far are potatoes. They have an unrivaled versatility in how they can be cooked and use. From french fires, mash potatoes, shepards pie, potato sald, the list is nearly endless. They are inexpensive and make meals stretch saving money. Imagine if potatoes were to vanish then we would have none of these foods, life....I honestly don't know if I could carry on. Then I began thinking about their shelf life, how long it is unlike other vegetables that can be fussy and expire quickly. I am left in awe how potatoes grow humbly beneath the ground, their brown beauty and their wonderful earthy smell. They are like art when cut into, the virgin beauty beneath the skin, a landscape of untouched perfection. If there is a God or a heaven potatoes are a keyhole to both that we can look through. Potatoes are a love letter from Mother Earth to her children, us. A testimony to her bounty, to her glory, and to here generosity. Potatoes are simply amazing <3.

Comments

• Natey do not deny the love for potatoes...They love you <3.
  • IridescentIridescent In your toilet.Member
    I love potatoes, potatoes love me! We're a happy family! With a great big hug, and a potato from me to you, won't you say potatoes love you too? <33333
  • "What is the meaning of life?"

"Potatoes of course. Duh."

-Smores Cookie, 2017
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    This thread feels empty without this here :P
    https://listenonrepeat.com/?v=q7uyKYeGPdE#The_Potato_Song
  • LOL that song...... XD

• PO TAY TOH PO TAY TOH PO TAY TOH PO TAY TOH POTAY TOH PO TAY TOH
    THEIR RED THEIR WHITE THEIR BROWN THEY GET THAT WAY UNDER GROUND THERE CANT BE MUCH TO DO SO NOW THEY'VE GOT BLUE ONES TOO
    WE DONT CAR WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE WE'LL EAT THEM ANYWAY THEY CAN FOT ON OUR PLATE EVERY WAY WE CAN CONJURE TO HEAT THEM WERE DELIGHTED AND THINK THEIR JUST GREAT...... POH TAY TOH POH TAY TOH POH TAY TOH POH TAY TOH PO TAY TOH PO TAY TOH... SOMETIMES WE DITCH THE SKIN TO EAT WHAT IT'S HOLDING IN SOMETIMES WE'D RATHER PLEASE HAVE JUST THE OUTSIDE WITH CHEESE
    THEY HAVE EYES BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE FACES I DON'T KNOW IF THEIR FEELINGS GET HURT BY JUST HANGING AROUND IN DARK PLACES WERE THEY CAN JUST STARE AT THE DIRT :3
    Sorry if this was too long I can't stop myself xD